Any old timers still around?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by kgibsonuk, Oct 7, 2012.

1. rhubarbodendron

rhubarbodendron Vice Admiral Admiral

I had no idea she's married! Who's her hubby? Did they first meet on the BBS or irl?
    LOL I'm really getting old - I'm beginning to be interested in gossip :p

2. vedek loki

vedek loki Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Haven's still technically open, y'know... ;)

I made a post a whlie back just so that there would be a post made there in 2012. ;)

3. rhubarbodendron

Geez, we must change that! I'll have 2 1/2 weeks off, starting with dec 13th. Prepare for a spam attack (i.e. 10 posts a day) :biggrin:

*checks old bookmarks*There used to be so many boards back then. I particularly miss Batboy's "Spacebar". I loved that place.
    And there was "the land of Hoshi and Further", but it died before I even had a chance to register. Are Hoshi and Further still around? I didn't have much interaction with her, but Further was a Flaptain with me here and a bridge troll at TK.

And there used to be "motiveighT" by Shattered Harmonies. What became of him? I haven't seen him in years!

Btw, Bas' and Calli's SDG is still there. When Bas' boss wouldn't host it on his server anymore and Bas and Calli were bored by runnning a board, I rented some serverspace and have been hosting the board ever since. Precisely a decade, next week :) Since it's the third incarnation of SDG it's called SDG3 now and is members only, like a lounge here (to keep the spam bots out). There has been only 1 post this year, too (seems to be a trend :biggrin: ) but it's waiting to be resurrected one day. Maybe when we're all pensioned off and have more time for spamming again :)

4. Gagh

Gagh Commodore Commodore

Mal still lurks at LoNAF. He and his wife are expecting their first, now.

5. rhubarbodendron

Really? wow! Somehow I can't imagine him as a dad. Nor as a husband, even. A decade ago I got the impression that he was a bit too infatuated with himself. It's amazing how people change when they fall in love :)

6. Jim Gamma

Jim Gamma This space left blank intentionally. Rear Admiral

I also don't remember - or see in the member list - a joint account.

7. rhubarbodendron

Perhaps they got deleted? Shared accounts are not allowed here, according to the FAQs

8. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ They didn't have one, it was just a pejorative nickname some people gave them.

9. StarMan

StarMan Vice Admiral Admiral

Ah, Barcode. Her and I got up to mischief long ago. I can't remember the details. We took the goings on of the BBS way too seriously back then. :lol:

And LL got banned? That I missed. Now she was smokin' hot.

10. DanCPA

DanCPA Admiral Admiral

I have been here 11 1/2 years... So, I'm almost a noob!

11. biotech

biotech Vice Admiral Admiral

Alight Bob?

What did you make of the new red dwarf?

12. T'Bonz

T'Bonz Romulan Curmudgeon Administrator

If she was, it must have been temporary. She would post sporadically but it has been years.

I can't believe Robert Loggia is going to be a father. He was a nutcase.

13. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

I rather enjoyed it. though it was hit and miss for some episodes. still intend picking up the blu-ray.

14. rhubarbodendron

LOL great minds, Bonzie :D I just tried to put it more politely. He must have been the person after whom they modelled the vain elf (Faban) with the mirror in the Barbie Fairytopia Magic of the Rainbow movie LOL

I only know what I was told about LL. She had vanished one day and the TKers said she had been banned for her connections to TK. There was no official announcement here, but at that time that was quite regularly the case, so nobody really wondered or dared to ask. I hadn't noticed she was back, but then I didn't so much as lurk here in 8 years myself. I did notice, however, that Barcode was back after a year or two and that quite surprised me as she had been officially and publicly permabanned for leaking several BR threads. That was a few weeks before RobL was made a staff member - not exactly a brilliant move as by then he was known as TK's dauphin - and promptly leaked the complete BR. Much to my amusement, I have to admit. It's such a good feeling to be able to say "there! I did tell you so, didn't I?"

Those were rather lively times. Interesting, though, as it became clear who was a real friend and who wasn't.

15. Rincewiend

Rincewiend Admiral Admiral

You too?!?
    Great!

16. Captain_Nick

Captain_Nick Vice Admiral Admiral

I remember! Your username looks familiar too

17. rhubarbodendron

Wow, there are quite a few names I don't recognize.
    Rincewiend, do you by any chance post at StarTrek.nl as well? I lurk there mostly, because my Durch isn't that good yet, but occasionally I make a post there.

There used to be a poster from Belgium who's name I can't recall. He was a Flaptain in 2002, so he must have joined in that year. I'm afraid I have a terribly bad memory for names and faces - could that guy have been psycho pere?

18. Gagh

Gagh Commodore Commodore

We were all many different things when we were young, Bonz. Time settles many down.

19. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

I'm pretty sure Pere is American, but you might be thinking of AdAstra.

20. rhubarbodendron

no, not Addie. Addie is Dutch and used to live in a small town very close to Santaman's. I've been in contact with him until about 3 years ago. At that time the poor dear had to work on a translation for a car manual from German into Dutch and English. I helped him a bit which was a lot of fun :) He also wrote an excellent (and totally serious) article about the history of the toilet. Sadly, I lost contact when he moved.

The other guy I meant is younger than Addie and came from a Belgian town in the dutch-speaking part of the country. If I recall correctly he had a tank in his avatar for a while.
    I don't know much else about him. He joined in 2002, was a member of EFCL (no founder, though, I believe), was possibly on Wordforge or Lonaf as well and posted at TK for a while. He was in his early 20s then, so he would have been born around 1980.
    His political opinions were rather frighteningly right-wing which was why I broke off the contact very abruptly.
    I once saw a photo of him. He was dark haired which stuck in my memory as it's not typical for people in his region and I had expected him to be blonde.
    Somehow I always think of the letter P in association with him. Maybe his real name started with a P but I am not sure at all - I have a horribly bad memory for names.

Sturmde is another poster from back then we can put on the MIA list. He's still a Flaptain (which he already was back in 2002) and hasn't been here since February.

And speaking of missing oldtimers - what about the oldest oldie? When was big C last seen? Rumour has it that in the beginning he actually posted all over the board with the ordinary mortals. At my time he occasionally published announcements and requests for money. But nowadays he seems to have vanished completely. Could it be that Bonzie keeps his remains in her freezer? :D ;)

Last edited: Nov 25, 2012