AVENGERS: Grade, Reviews, Discuss, DVD & Sequel **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Captain Craig, Apr 20, 2012.

?

How do you grade The Avengers?

Poll closed Nov 26, 2012.
  1. A+

46.4%
  2. A

31.8%
  3. A-

9.3%
  4. B+

5.3%
  5. B

3.4%
  6. B-

1.6%
  7. C+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. C

1.2%
  9. C-

0.3%
  10. D+

0.3%
  11. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

0.3%
  1. Admiral James Kirk

Admiral James Kirk Writer Admiral

Oh, she's cute! She looks plenty Waspy to me. :)

2. Derishton

Derishton Vice Admiral Admiral

That's how I read it, and why I thought the Scene Everyone Loves was so narratively right.

3. gh4chiefs

gh4chiefs Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Thanks, I would have never figured that out. At the time it happened in the film, I was like :wtf: but I was enjoying the action so much that I didn't really stop to think about it.

4. LaxScrutiny

LaxScrutiny Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Stana Katic would be perfect.

5. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

My thinkin' was that the first time we see Hulk in Avengers, Banner's disorientation from the explosion could have still been an issue even as the change started. And that disorientation continued with the Hulk, and went after Black Widow just 'cause she was there...and the she started shootin' at him, which is never a good idea.

6. StarTrek1701

StarTrek1701 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

THE AVENGERS

My Grade: AAA+++

Hands down the best damn comicbook movie I have ever seen. Deserves all the accolades and business its getting. There should be no stopping it. Absolutely wonderful experience. Like a comicbook coming to life.

Loki interrogation scene: DAT ASSS :drool:

7. Snick27

Snick27 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

WOW!!! This was probably one of the best movies ive ever seen.

And the 3D just Blow Away Awesome! First movie since Avator that ive seen in 3D. And the 3D really made this movie so much better. Was worth the $9 for the 3D version.

Loved when Loki tried to use his weapon against Stark and instead of turning Stark bad, he just kept hitting the part on his chest. :lol:

Really liked the idea of how the characters all seemed tired during the fight. Feel they really sold the beating they were taken. And the fact they all helped each other during the fights too.

Wished the movie was longer though. Would of loved to seen Hulk beat up more of those large creature like ships.
    And kind of would of liked to know more about the alien guys too.

8. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

I agree. It was personal. I think the last few whacks were for good measure.
    He was in full control then and wanted Loki to know he was!! :lol:

9. Snick27

Snick27 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

So the story is that Banner was trying to duplicate the serum that gave Captain America his strength. Leading Banner to try Gamma rays. Nice twist and not sure if that was in any of the Hulk movies.

Will be seeing this movie alot more.

10. Noname Given

Noname Given Fleet Admiral Admiral

In reading what everyone else caught - I guess I missed a lot about the Hulk then. i didn't catch the "Puny god!" comment (I and the whole auduence at the showing I saw were just laughing and clapping too hard at that sequence); or really pick up on the fact that Loki had some measure of control over the Hulk's actions in the Helicarrier fight - but yeah, in thinking back to the scene where Banner says, "That's my secret, I'm always angry."; and effectively turns into the Hulk at will, should have been a clue as to just how much Banner did control over his alter-ego.

Still, if Banner's more in control, I don't get why the Hulk sucker punched Thor, seemingly out of the blue, during the Earth/Alien ombat in New York - but maybe it was just there to get a laugh, as I did find it funny - and in character with the circa 1962 Hulk personality. Still like I said, i ish the movie Hulk was done more in line with the Disney animated Avengers series Hulk - as again, having the near-mindless 'rampaging Hulk', or the more gentle 'Bambi-loving Hulk' IMO isn't ustainable in a group o heroes that have to work together and coordinate from time to time. ;)

11. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

Well, Thor did hit him in the face with a hammer earlier. Maybe he was just evening the score. Or maybe it was to show that while Banner may be in better control of the Hulk, those violent impulses are still there. That, and to get a laugh.

12. Data Holmes

Data Holmes Admiral Admiral

It is hinted at, and danced around, heavily in the Norton Hulk movie that he was just one of several scientists working on the "super serum", and that the General chasing him down was the current DoD project director when he tested it.

There was a lot more references in the deleted scenes that were more overt if I remember correctly. A lot of the substance of that movie got lost in the name of action, I think.

13. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Here's a question. During the fight between Hulk and Thor, Thor tosses Mjolnir at Hulk which knocks him down and afterwards Hulk tries to pick up the hammer. Now, obviously, Hulk can't pick up Mjolnir because only Thor (or someone worthy) can pick it up. Why didn't Thor simply pin Hulk with the hammer like he did Loki near the end of his own movie? Hulk shouldn't have been able to stand up if it was on him, right?

14. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

^Thor would have to get in a position to pin Hulk down first which isn't an easy task, and Hulk would probably just smash the floor around him and fall through.

Re: Banner's control - Nice theory that Loki was in control of him! I didn't pick up on that. One of my friends suggested that Banner is in control but if he gets injured or put in danger the Hulk just comes out and takes over.

15. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Well tossing Mjolnir at Hulk "the right way" would knock him down and the hammer would rest on him and likely hold him there.

16. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I thought the Loki / Hulk thing was pretty obvious given that Banner was holding the staff. He was also pissed off at SHIELD in general for creating weapons.

In TIH, the Hulk and the Abination are the result of failed attempts to recreate the Super Soldier Serum used during WWII although they credit it to Dr. Reinstein as opposed to Erskine.

17. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Actually when I saw it I thought it was more attempting a fist bump having beat the badguys, but taking Thor offguard and well, yeah.

18. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

I thought it was meant to be a fist bump as well. Still, funny as hell.:lol:

19. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

True, at least it was Thor and not someone more breakable :lol:

20. stj

stj Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

As I recall, the scene where Banner is holding the spear came after the Black Widow "interrogated" Loki and realized that his plan was to unleash the Hulk. The scene doesn't play right because none of the others act upon their newly acquired knowledge in any rational way, such as landing the stupid helicarrier. The others actually get more abrasive! However if the implication is supposed to be that Banner has the Hulk under control, the scene with the Black Widow bringing him in plays in retrospect as if he's toying with her. And the attempted suicide story is either hysterical self-pity or a blatant lie.

Well, the movie's about spectacle. And the Thor scenes with Loki remind us of the decent half of the Thor movie. And the Iron Man scenes with Pepper reminds us of the Iron Man movie.