Favorite/Underrated Episodes of ENT

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by Rennick, Nov 19, 2013.

1. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

Overrated: both parts of "Mirror, Darkly"

Underrated:

[​IMG]

The only thing wrong with "A Night in Sickbay" is it doesn't end with the whole cast singing an episode recap to the tune of "One Night in Bangkok", Bollywood-style. :devil:

2. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

One Night in Bangkok is the greatest song ever written.

3. LMFAOschwarz

LMFAOschwarz Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Best line (to me): T'Pol's "Enjoy your tea." to Archer. Well-said, and so packed with implication! My first real indication of "Wow! She really can act!"! :)

4. Saganistheman

Saganistheman Lieutenant Red Shirt

I have started the epic journey of watching every Star Trek episode in a historic narrative, so of course I have started with Enterprise. I have made it almost through the first season so my knowledge is limited at this time, but I really would like to say that so far I have enjoyed the Enterprise Season 1 Episode 12: "Dear Doctor". Awesome episode about ethics and morality in evolutionary science. Medical Officer Phlox is starting to become one of my favorite characters. This episode is the beginning seed to what will become the Federations implementation of the Prime Directive, Starfleet's General Order number 1. Great episode. :techman:

5. Bad Thoughts

Bad Thoughts Vice Admiral Admiral

Civilization had a great premise, exploring the mechanics of first contacts and what it's like when different groups have competing interests with regard to primitive civilizations. However, the threat was too big, overwhelming the episode's charm. The dangers that the Malurians posed should have been more ambiguous; the resolution (or lack thereof) should have been more cerebral.

6. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
    So, more TNG than the TOS ending which is what we got? I'm fine with it as is.

7. teacake

When I first saw Civilization I thought "now this is a classic piece of Trek."

8. Bad Thoughts

I was hoping for something that would set up the type of conflict that would be seen in A Private Little More. Not so much TNG, more pre-TOS, and more of something with its own identity.

9. Gov Kodos

What we got was the ending to Friday's Child or Elaan of Troyius, shoot up the bad guys and move on. Very TOS.

10. Saganistheman

I must agree it is an awesome song. The video is kinda cool in a swaggering 80's way :techman:

11. Saganistheman

I really do not understand why some people think that the first 2 seasons of Enterprise are awful. I have enjoyed the subtle beginnings of how learning through mistakes has lead to the beginnings of Starfleet protocol. I just got finished watching Episode 8 "The Communicator" & Episode 9 "Singularity". The Prime Directive, emergency protocol, and the enhancements or importance of the captain’s chair were intriguing.:hugegrin:

Any thoughts on these episodes?

12. Saganistheman

I agree with you wholeheartedly. Dr. Phlox is a great character :techman:

13. Bad Thoughts

Let's not forget that the solution was the transporter: very TNG/VOY.

14. Gov Kodos

I don't recall being bored, a hall mark of TNG, DS9, and Voyager.

15. 2takesfrakes

2takesfrakes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

These Are the Voyages. I know how many of you feel about this episode, but watching this one recently, I found Riker and Troi's inclusion to be quite charming. Trip's untimely end still sucks, of course, but otherwise ... yeah, TATV is good stuff.

16. teacake

Yes it's a fine TNG episode of Riker and Troi in their fat years.

17. Bad Thoughts

Riker also takes liberties with Holo-T'Pol.

18. teacake

He is a sleaze bag.

19. 2takesfrakes

2takesfrakes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Troi's hair just made her head look rounder, that's all. She looked fine. Riker never changes. He always looks like what you'd picture a STARFLEET officer looking like. He did kiss Hologram T'Pol, that's true. But come on ... outside of Trip's death, there is nothing to nitpick in this episode. I particularly love how layered this episode is. The focus on the guest stars - Frakes and Siritis - is particularly effective. In fact, by having TNG's era reflecting on ENT's era is just another layer that adds to the ... to the texture ... to the flavour of this episode. And you know what else? I'll even go out on a line here, and say that even someone entirely new to STAR TREK would find this episode as satisfying as I have. A fan is something else ... too much critique involved. Not enough objectivity. On its own terms, TATV is solid entertainment and stands up nicely against some of the best STAR TREK that's out there.

20. Gov Kodos

No, to each his own, but no.