The Walking Dead Season 4

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, May 6, 2013.

1. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Combat shotgun.

2. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

A fire axe,
    a machete,
    and a Heckler & Koch MP7, scoped and silenced.

3. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I enjoyed the premier. Both stories were good. Personally, I hope they don't wipe out everyone but the main characters and the leave the prison, I like the idea of them having their own little community there.
    The stuff with the crazy lady in the woods gave us a good look at what Rick has become. The rain of zombies in the store was a pretty cool sequence. I like that they are trying to come up with more interesting zombie run ins than just a herd coming up on them while they're in the middle of doing something else.
    I'm thinking that the virus or whatever killed the kid is the new threat they've been talking about in all of the promo interviews. I didn't even think about it being The Governor attempting to sabotage them, but that would make sense.

4. DarthTom

DarthTom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Off topic: Myth Busters to test whether we could outrun the Zombies or not tomorrow, 10.17.2013, 10 p.m. on Discovery:

NBC, Today Show

5. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Guest starring Michael Roker (Merle).

6. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Will Michael Roker be in zombie makeup? :lol:

7. sojourner

Probably not, but I'm sure he'll give'em a hand.

8. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

I'm dying to see that.

9. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

10. Trekker4747

That's damn impressive.

11. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Talking Dead does well in the ratings too. Not sure how many of us here watch that show though. :lol:

12. Trekker4747

I watched it the other night because of Nathan Fillion, not sure if I'll tune in every week or not.

13. shivkala

shivkala Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I like Chris Hardwick and I enjoy hearing discussions about the show. It also helps the watercooler talk on Monday to drop in bits they say on The Talking Dead, especially when the show runners are on it.

Anyway, like usual, Honest Trailers hits the nail on the head with their trailer for The walking Dead: [yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNxvo8AcpQQ&feature=share[/yt]

14. Trekker4747

"Starring... ...Shane rubbing his head." :lol:

15. sojourner

Same here. Nathan was looking pretty fit. He'd gotten some chubby cheeks in the last season of Castle I am on.

16. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

ha, that "honest trailer" is pretty funny

17. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

VERY funny!!!

18. beneldon

beneldon Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Okay.

I guess that Rick has come back from his insanity and relinquished control of the group (or voted out, who knows) and he is beginning to be comfortable being Ol Farmer Grimes. He got his ipod playin ole timey farmer music and digs up a relic from his past. The sounds of the undead are (really) loud but he un clips the gun and pitches them in the wheelbarrow and continues on his merry hoeing.

Then, while out checking animal traps, comes upon a dirty woman clad in black who begs him for help; she and her husband have not eaten in days. He offers her some sort of sandwich wrapped up in aluminum foil and they proceed to her camp. On arriving, she attempts to kill him and it turns out she wanted to feed Rick to her husband's head and then kills herself but answering his Three Questions.

I think I'm the only one who thinks Creepy Clara was not real.

Clara answered Rick's "why?" question with words to the effect that you don't come back from what you've done. Clara never killed a Walker because she let her husband - her leader do that - or, perhaps, because she really isn't there. The only person she says she killed is herself which she obviously did but what does she then have to come back from?
    When Rick gets to the camp we see an amazingly immaculate tent which is a far cry from what any camping tent would look like after so much time out in the world of the Walking Dead and juxtaposed against the grime all over Clara's hands and face doesn't make any sense at all. In addition, Rick doesn't salvage anything from Clara's camp? Was he thinking he'd come back later or something, you know, after she turned? They stopped and grabbed up the backpack that belonged to Yelly McYellerson last season, why not her stuff too? Also, on the way to Clara's I noticed that she never even so much as opened up the foil package which, even if she were saving it for her husband, seems odd for a woman starving out in the wilderness.
    I also think it was symbolic that Rick would wear the earbuds listening to music and keeping out the sounds of the dead but hears them again when he unearths the gun but continues to throw away his old life and tries to become someone he isn't; someone buried beneath the farmer's dirt. Perhaps my TV had bad contrast or brightness settings or maybe there wouldn't be anything to see at the angle it was filmed but it seemed to me when Rick scooped up water from the rain barrel there was no reflection of him in the water; as if to suggest that Farmer Grimes wasn't really there or he has so suppressed his zombiekillerness that he won't even or can't even see himself anymore.

I don't know. I don't have Tivo or Netflix to see if I missed anything. I'll have to wait for the rebroadcast so if anyone can set me straight on this, I'd appreciate it.

19. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

I think they intended for Creepy Clara to be real, but that's certainly an interesting interpretation of the events.

20. sojourner

It's all a fever dream. Rick never left the hospital from his gunshot wound.