Feline Follies

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Alienesse, Feb 18, 2012.

1. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

Snowball ?

2. Davros

Davros Fleet Admiral Admiral

Named after the Simpson's black cat

3. Captain Ice

Captain Ice Cookie Constructor Admiral

Getting Captain Ice on to the naughty list
    Hopefully he has better luck...

4. Rhaven

Rhaven Captain Captain

I almost missed Snowball, but those eyes shone brightly.

5. Davros

Three years ago today little Perro joined my family.
    [​IMG]

6. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

7. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

On the name Perro--that was R Dorothy's kitten from THE BIG O correct?

8. Sparky

Sparky Commodore Commodore

In May of 2013 a stray cat followed my wife and I home. We gave it a bit of food and it left. A few months later it showed up and we fed it again. In late February 2014 it showed up yet again, this time though it really wanted in the house. Since it was so cold outside we put the cat in the downstairs bathroom for the night. The following morning on Feb 28th this is what we found.

[​IMG]

A couple weeks later.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It was a tough decision, but we eventually surrendered the mother to a local non kill shelter that took care of any needed shots, spaying etc. They keep statuses of all the cats they have, and she has been adopted to her new forever home. We decided to keep the 2 kitties. Thelma is the grey one, Louise is white and orange.

This is the life they have now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    This one was taken yesterday. I think they may be attached to each other.

9. tharpdevenport

tharpdevenport Admiral Admiral

I had a cat day, Friday.

Thursday night I'm leaving a place I had been at and I had scene this cat outside and everytime I went out, it seemed to inch closer. Finally it's closer to me, maybe a couple car lengths away, but I have to go. It bothered me later on when I realized based upon the getting closer technique and the lowering itself to the ground position, it was clearly trying to make contact with me but was nervous -- perhaps it's homeless and knows humans take in cats (yes, I've seen it before, some cats instinctively know it, like bluebirds know when you build them a bird house and they move in as soon as you put it up).

So, Friday night I'm back there again, this time I want to give it some food and make contact if possible. No cat. Time passes by, no cat. More time, no cat. I'm leaving and there's the cat! Yay. It's a fluffy orange and white cat with a bushy tail. I try to ease in and shake the can as well as tap it, with the familiar "Kitty kitty" calls. It slinks away cautiously, stopping to watch me after a foot or two each time. Finally I realize it's still nervous about making contact, so I leave the can opened for it. As I leave, it's there eating the food. I suspect the poor thing will be there next time I'm there, this time looking out for me.

So, I head to my next destination and when I get there, boom! Another cat. It's not a neighborhood area, though a street or two away there are houses, so I'm thinking it might not have a home and that local establishments there probably feed it, since it seems calm (I've breifly seen other cats there, too). It back off a little, and watches me. I happen to have another can of cat food. I come outside later and most of the food was eaten and the cat was sitting by the can (eventually the cat left).

I'm neither in a financial position to take care of a pet nor in a position where I have my own place, so I can't do more than every once-in-a-while offer some food. I'm going to borrow a camera for the benefit of this thread, 'cause I'm betting the orange & whtie cat will be back.

10. Ar-Pharazon

^ If you're sure they are strays, you can always catch them & bring them to a no-kill shelter.

Even if you can't keep a cat, they could find a home for them and take care of them in the interim.

11. auntiehill

That is so precious! What great pictures. :bolian:

12. Davros

I don't know. I just thought it was a funny name for a cat.

13. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

So adorable :). Both of the bottom two pics would make cute post cards or regular greeting cards for that matter.

14. auntiehill

My cat Junior has a shoe fetish. Every time hubby comes home and takes his shoes off, Junior pounces and cuddles up with them. The other night, I saw hubby slowly take his phone out to take a picture and then I saw what he was giggling about: Junior had fallen asleep with his face inside hubby's sneakers.
    [​IMG]

15. KimMH

KimMH Drinking your old posts Premium Member

^hilarious and adorable!

16. Ar-Pharazon

My Mom's black longhair has the shoe fetish as well.

17. Davros

Mine is more obsessed with shoe laces.

18. Davros

Sad news, the second of the two cats my ex wife and I had together has died
    Gato was a very friendly kitty and will be greatly missed. If there is an afterlife for cats his brother Neko is waiting for him.
    [​IMG]
    Here is the last picture of Gato

19. auntiehill

Oh, I'm so sorry. It's so hard to lose a pet; they really are family members.

20. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

Really sorry to hear. :(