Mass Effect 2

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by TheBrew, Jan 22, 2010.

1. TheGodBen

TheGodBen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't know, I'll need to see a lingering close-up of Miranda's ass before I can pass judgement.

2. LeadHead

LeadHead Director of Comedy Premium Member

Mirandas eyewear looks fine to me, so does Grunts, Jacks was okay by me, although i would have an option to remove it. Thane's was spot on if you ask me.

3. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Miranda's and Grunt's eyewear isn't as bad because it doesn't completely obscure their eyes. Thane's was okay because his eyes are creepy. But Jack's eyes are one of her best features (good grief, I can't believe I'm saying that about a video game character :lol:), so completely covering them was a stupid idea. I agree with you, LeadHead, it would have been nice if we'd been able to toggle the eyewear off/on.

4. LeadHead

I think for Jack, I was so glad that we had something to put her in that actually looked good on her. Seriously, to me the Jack outfit in Alt Appearance pack 1 was way more attractive on her than either of the first 2.

5. Skywalker

Oh, absolutely. Like I said before, I loved the alternate outfit they gave her, except for the visor. I hated her original look--the full-body tats with suspenders for a bra just didn't do it for me--and the secondary outfit was marginally better, but not much.

6. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

All I can say is I miss the freedom to acquire and equip loot. Also, displaying/hiding the helmet. Oh well, the outfits look okay, nothing too impressive though.

7. Skywalker

I miss the loot, too, although it did get to be a bit much in ME1. I think BioWare were too drastic in completely stripping down the weapons and equipment. Taking away the ability to toggle helmets on/off when the feature was already in ME1 was weird, too.

I'd like to see the ME3 companions have casual gear that they wear aboard the Normandy, and then actual armor that they wear on missions. They did it in ME1, I don't see why they couldn't in ME2.

8. LeadHead

Yeah, I enjoy having more customization options, but I was always a uniformity kinda guy, so I'd always go hunting for Colossus Armor for everyone, I do wish there was some common armor that you could unlock at the end of the game obviously there'd be some variation on them due to the different aliens and body types.

I'm really glad that Miranda is finally getting the armor, she and Garrus round out my usual Kirk, Spock and McCoy trio for ME2 and it's always seemed weird that 2 of them were dressed for battle while the other was ready for catwalk photographers.

9. Quinton O'Connor

Quinton O'Connor Commodore Commodore

I'm not feeling it on those outfits. I think I'll pass, just as I did with the first pack.

Miranda easily looks at her best in that black leather and the only one cool enough to sport a scouter should be Garrus.

10. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

While I certainly don't miss the looting from ME1 (come on, it was ridiculous!) I do agree that it would have been better in ME2 to have more customisation options for the squad-mates including a delineation between casual wear and battle armour.

The nonsense of it becomes very apparent on the missions like the Collectors ship and the Geth station where you have Shepard wearing a pressurised armour suit complete with helmet, but Jack, Miranda, Jacob, Kasumi, Zaeed and Mordin have some silly little breath mask. My preference would have been to have the same degree of customization as you did with Shepard where you can purchase extra armour pieces then mix and match them to get the balance of stats you want for each of them.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2011
  11. Artemis

Artemis Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Well, to paraphraze a certain asari from ME2, Miranda has finally stopped whoring around in her outfit. xD

Btw, just starting my suicide mission for the first time. A bit scared, must admitt.

12. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

If it's your first go I recommend going with your gut and letting any mistakes (i.e. deaths) stand. It really adds to the enjoyment if you're strict with yourself about reloading if things don't go your way.
    If you loose a character you really like then there's always other playthroughs. ;)

Still, having said all that, you have to try VERY hard to get the ending where nobody makes it, so you should be OK.

13. Artemis

I already got Thane, Jack and Grunt killed only by trying to get to the Collector ship. *oops*

I guess I didn't take all that "upgrade-your-ship" talk very seriously.

Then I reloaded. xD Everyone must survive, the Paragon in me insists.

14. ATimson

ATimson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The Paragon or the achievement whore? ;)

15. Artemis

Hmmm...a valid question. :lol:

But the Paragon.

I once tried to play through kotor as a sith but just couldn't.

My conscience ate me alive.

Yes, I am weird. :alienblush:

16. TheGodBen

When Thane died on me, it was sad, but I chose to live with my mistake so he's dead now. That's what I like about the suicide mission, if someone dies it's because you weren't prepared or made a bad call during the mission, unlike the death in ME1 where someone dies regardless of your actions.

17. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

Well it works too. In ME it's a tragic moment because you're quite aware that you're sending someone to their death.

18. Artemis

Realism is overrated anyway. If there's a LOAD button, I'll hit it.

19. TheGodBen

I agree, choosing between Kaidan and Ashley was one of the most difficult choices I had to make in a game and my emotional reaction to that caused me to turn against the council and allow them to die. But I'm glad they chose not to repeat that in ME2 and instead chose a method where my bad decision is what caused Thane to die. It gave all the subsequent decisions during the mission more weight and hardened my resolve not to let another crew-member die.

20. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, those Bioware writers really know what they're doing, right?