Visual Proof a Resdesign is a good thing

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Saratoga NX-3842, Aug 16, 2008.

1. Guartho

Guartho Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Obviously you missed these parts

Human beings work much more efficiently in gravity and air than out. We're just used to things being that way. It makes perfect sense to have gravity available in a turboshaft. That way you can have it when you want it and have it off when you don't.

If the gravity system is part of the inertial damping system it also makes perfect sense for all gravity generators to revert to a default on/1g setting if they're cut off from whatever normally controls them. If the gravity system is not independent of inertial damping, anyone caught working in a shaft when the ship moved would be a smear on the wall. If it is independent than it may not be necessary.

2. ST-One

ST-One Vice Admiral

Have we seen them (apart from the glimpses in the cast posters)?
    We have heard that they are similar but not exactly the same - and it will be the same with the Enterprise I think.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2008
  3. ST-One

ST-One Vice Admiral

I agree that it is quite possible that the teaser ship will have gone through quite a few changes until it became the ship used in the film.
    If it is not even the base-model for the new ship, then I at least hope that they stick to new design for the Bussard-collectors/nacelles.

Count me in as someone who would love to see the original Enterprise (with upgrades like you proposed with your model) on the big screen.

4. Eric Cheung

Eric Cheung Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

One thing that will probably be the same is the font because that font was on the shuttles in they spy shots. Also, I think that the ship as seen in the teaser seems to be similar to the shuttles from those spy shots. So while the ship in the teaser may not be the final product, it's probably pretty close to what we'll see.