Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by daedalus5, Sep 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

2nd best? I'll say its the best purchasable console. Be sure to put 9 points in Flow Capacitors to get the full +20 power to each subsystem when in combat. That's a total of +80 power, makes a huge difference to how your ship performs.

As for ship set, the current "best" that maximizes damage potential and has good defenses for your ship is not a set:

Counter-Command Deflector Array Mk XII
    This is a no brainer. No other deflector increases weapon damage, exotic (sci) damage, hull hitpoints AND shield hitpoints.

Romulan Advanced Prototype Impulse Engines Mk XII
    Get this primarily for the boost in performance of your attack patterns, which means even better damage and defences (for the few attack patterns that also boost defences).

Elite Fleet Warp Core Mk XII with [AMP] and [*->W]
    [AMP] is the key. With Plasmonic Leech adding +20 power, it is easy to get all 4 subsystems to the minimum 75 power needed to fully activate [AMP], increasing your damage by 13.2%.

Elite Fleet Adaptive Resilient Shield Array Mk XII with [Res*] and [Adapt]
    This shield was not obviously better to me as it had lesser shield points that many other shields. But someone explained to me that [Adapt] gives the most (+20%) shield damage resistance to every weapon energy type, and an additional +15% to 3 energy types. Typically I go with [ResB] for additional resistance to Disruptor, Plasma and Antiproton as they are the most damaging energy types.

2. intrinsical

Hmm it seems like my cryptic account has been hacked somehow. I played STO just a couple of hours ago with no problems. Around an hour ago, I received an email from Cryptic's Account Guard, saying an unauthorized computer has logged in from an IP I have never seen before. So I tried to login and change my password. Except, nbow I cannot login using my regular password.

I don't know how I've been hacked. I haven't installed any new software lately, or visited any potentially malicious sites. In fact, I haven't really used the computer much today. The password I use for STO (but not any important other site) is close to 20 characters long, contains punctuation and numbers. Admittedly the password while unique to STO, is highly related to star trek so it might be easy to guess. I'm doing a full scan of my computer, but that is going to take hours if not days. I've sent an email to Cryptic's customer support, as well as a forum post at STO's forum (thankfully, I'm still logged in there).

Is there anything else I should be doing?

3. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

4. T J

T J Commodore Commodore

Well I say second because somewhere I was reading said the Borg console was the best, but considering the EC I just shelled out glad to hear it is the best! I got so used to having set bonus and abilities, guess it's time to move on from that...

Is there any truth that the Nukara set is tailor made for tetryons?

5. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

6. Timelord Victorious

Yes, it is just weird that the Romulans don't have fleet variants.

I consider their Standard uniforms their free Odyssey, but maybe they should get a "tactical" and "dress" version for the fleet tailor, too.

7. Hartzilla2007

Well except Romulan Republic characters already have a dress uniform in game, it's what they get for the 200 day vet reward.

8. Timelord Victorious

Yes, same as Federation got a Veteran uniform for 200 days.

But the Feds get 2 variants in addition through the fleet tailor store where the Romulans can pick those same uniforms up for their Fed Boffs only.

9. intrinsical

A little yes, I'll say but largely no. It is true in the sense that it does boost tetryon damage by a measly 7.6% if you equip two pieces of the Nukara set. But doing this means having to take on a couple of negatives. Also, bear in mind a tetryon tac console adds well over 20-30% tetryon damage.

The biggest negative is the mine launcher, mines are way too situational and unreliable to be a good source of damage. A smaller negative is the dual beam bank, which is not a good pairing with slow turning ships.

10. Timelord Victorious

I was using a tetryon beam build on my Sovereign a for a while.

It was an allright build, though keep in mind it is not a top DPS build.

The mines are clearly designed for crowd controll, if you want to use them the rest of the build should reflect that.
    Skill point investment into CC abilities and exotic damage will help here plus additional control abilities.

There is a lot of fun to be had as a crowd controller and the beams look pretty cool.

11. Cyke101

Cyke101 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Just curious, but what type of ship is your engineer running? I'm taking into account Intrinsical's advice up there.

12. Joel_Kirk

Joel_Kirk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In the Joel Zone, identifying as Sexually Fluid.
    Hmmm, I wanted to take care of some missions before taking care of some offline missions in the 'real world' but I've been having trouble with some 'rubberbanding' and 'lag' issues lately during the space and ground missions, and during general walkarounds.

I sent a ticket with info about my connection. Apparently, there is a thread online that gives some info to document when you send information to the Cryptic/Arc people.

I was, however, able to retrain my Vice Admiral. Now she has levels in pretty much everything except threat control. (I don't want attention on me, I like flanking when possible since so many do it to me anyhow).

I now have to work for dilithium towards my costume change (550 Zen), and eventually my multi-mission sci vessel (2500 Zen).

13. T J

T J Commodore Commodore

Currently running Prometheus class ship but before I was running on a T5 Galaxy with beams. I'm running the Prometheus just cause I want more maneuverability and canons, the the seperation is fun too! I switch back and forth. :cool:

14. Hartzilla2007

Well at least the Romulans get all their uniform options unlocked, when they unlock them, fed characters still have to buy the Wrath of Khan and Starfleet Academy uniforms to get all of their options available.

15. Timelord Victorious

May I present my Jem Hadar crew.

I finished the ground outfits, though not quite sure if I keep the Vorta in that uniform.
    What options are there to give Boffs civilian clothes that would fit her?

Now the grind starts to give everyone at least a Dominion Weapon and of course try to get the Jem hadar ships somehow. ;)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Joel_Kirk

You drew that Timelord?

If so, pretty cool...;)

17. Timelord Victorious

No, that's a screenshot from he character select screen. ;)

18. Joel_Kirk

I see..;)

19. intrinsical

I have a question related to the new uniform code, specifically its with regards to the Commanding Officer Service Uniform (page 6) and Flag Officer Service Uniform (page 8).

Both uniforms only define a red color striping across the shoulder. That makes sense for Tactical Officers, but what about Engineering or Science Officers? Should they be wearing the red stripe as stated in the pages or continue to wear a gold or blue stripe?

20. Hartzilla2007

Its probably just up to what you want to do about it, but so far the only guy I've seen (having not gotten through the rest of the missions yet) who wore a different division color (the admiral for fleet action mission who wore gold) is now using red, everyone probably uses red regardless of being tactical, science, or engineering.

I went ahead and asked on the forums.

I'll let you know if I hear anything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.