Arrow - Season 2

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Agent Richard07, Oct 7, 2013.

1. dansigal

dansigal Captain Captain

I think you're confusing Ben Browder and Sean Maher. Sean Maher had an earlier episode as the main villain. Ben Browder played Diggle's army buddy in the flashbacks. He's never been on the show before.

2. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Ben Browder was on an earlier episode as well.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2496078/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_3

3. dansigal

dansigal Captain Captain

I stand corrected. I do not know how I missed that.

4. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

I'd actually forgotten the episode as well.

5. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

I had just finished the first season on Netflix a couple of months ago, so I remember the episode, but I didn't recognize the actor in spite of that.

6. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

I thought the twist was gonna be that the bomb in his head would destroy the poison by itself. For a missile that was going to level an entire mansion, that Hellfire didn't seem to bother our van much.

Bruce Wayne's not a cool enough character to earn a spot on this show. :evil:

[​IMG]

Now, if they got a modern member of the de la Vega family... :devil:

7. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Ben Browder didn't look like himself..like he's gained quite a few pounds. i almost didn't recognize him.

Was it just me, or when Ollie was talking with the bald Russian mafia guy, i saw a small blue light on each of them, like a targeting laser for a gun.

Was that just me, or did the mafia do it on purpose. Ollie seemed unfazed by it, though.

Glad to see Diggle have some significance in an episode...really brought him out, and hope to see much more with him.

8. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Episode had a backdoor pilot feel to it,

9. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

It wasn't just you. When I saw the blue dot on the Bratva guy's chest, I said "Somebody's gonna shoot his ass." I must have missed the one on Ollie too.

The episode was great, but Waller's behavior toward the Suicide Squad didn't make much sense. It's one thing to consider them expendable and able to be easily plausibly denied in case of death or capture, but it doesn't make sense to pointlessly sacrifice a valuable asset when Deadshot could have simply placed a transmitter on the nerve agent vat and gotten away clean, since she knew that's what they were going in there to find in the first place. That was just being coldly sacrificial for no good reason. Unless she's "recruiting" a hell of a lot of people (and it didn't look like she was, unless there are other cell blocks), her squad isn't going to last long or achieve much at the rate she's willing to sacrifice them needlessly.

The Harley Quinn cameo was awesome.

10. LaxScrutiny

LaxScrutiny Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I agree that Waller wasn't as smart as she thinks she is, but I read the plot a bit differently.

They went in thinking that the toxin was a small amount that could be removed by Deadshot. It turned out to be a large supply, as well as a production facility. He couldn't grab it or destroy the room effectively with what he had. Waller saw this herself when she linked to his mechanical eye. It was then that she made the decision to blow the place, and supposedly she could only use Deadshot's tracker in order to target it.

The ironic thing is that if Shrapnel had gone in Deadshot's place, his expertise may have allowed him to rig a sufficient explosion and get out.

It was supposed to be a quick in-out. That was ruined by the size of the target. What doesn't make much sense is her worrying about some international incident caused by sending in SEALS, when there would have been just as much of an incident using a drone. I presume that was just something she came up with on the spot so that she could complain about the outcome.

I hope they paid Diggle a good sum for the work, and is Deadshot's daughter getting any support money from this?

11. dansigal

dansigal Captain Captain

Waller admitted that they knew all along how much toxin was going to be there and that they were just using the mission and Deadshot specifically to confirm that before calling in the strike.

12. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

Yep. Diggle's ex-wife asked Waller "Wait, you knew that the nerve agent was too large to be extracted?" after Waller said they just needed eyes-on to confirm the target. Waller planned to use the homing device in Deadshot's head to guide the drone strike the entire time.

13. LaxScrutiny

Ahhhh. OK, that slipped past me, I get what you are saying now. In which case this was an execution-mission.

14. Alidar Jarok

They also did explain why the drone was more subtle. Basically, a random explosion could be explained by a number of reasons, but sending in US SEALS had very few other explanations.

That being said, they could have left a transponder or something to blow up. There was no reason they literally had to kill someone to do it.

15. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

And the 80 millionaire dignitary guests with their high end prostitutes, and the 200 support staff for the building which were mostly cater waiters and kitchen hands

I. Hate. Winnipeg.

16. LaxScrutiny

I just took that to be bafflegab. Presumably this was Afghanistan or Pakistan, or somewhere similar where can and have sent both drones and SEALS in the past, such as for Bin Laden.

They were able to send SEALS and succeed without incident, so they always had that choice. My impression is that Waller must have made a big sale to the superiors that she could pull it off. When she couldn't pull it off, that was a major loss of face. That is what she is pissed about, not the danger of any diplomatic complaint or bad press.

17. Alidar Jarok

Well, no. We've never been able to send SEALs into Pakistan without incident and they specifically said that an explosion was easier to explain away. We're talking about people manufacturing weapons. Things might blow up when you do that. Armed swat teams don't show up at your house unless someone sends them there.

18. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It was already established that the criminal members of Suicide Squad had explosive devices implanted inside their heads in case they tried to abandon the mission, so why not just detonate the bomb inside Deadshot when he was standing next to the McGuffin? No drone or SWAT team required.

19. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Because it's murder, which could put Amanda in Jail and on the Squad.

(A non-righteous kill is murder. Blowing them up because they are off mission is fine. Righteous even. Blowing them up because it's part of a plan drawn up a month earlier is premeditated murder.)

20. Alidar Jarok

How big was the explosion for Shrapnel? Enough to take out that room?