Who cleans up everyone's quarters after each space battle?

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Hikaru_Ichijo, Dec 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hikaru_Ichijo

Hikaru_Ichijo Commander Red Shirt

With the amount of damage sustained in the space battles that take place in each series, I've always wondered who gets assigned the daunting task of fixing up everyone's quarters so that they look like they were untouched?

Maybe Kevin Riley or Yeoman Rand (since we never see her again on the show) picked up chess pieces in Spock's quaters on the original Enterprise? Maybe Sonya Gomez or Robin Lefler pick up Picard's books that were flung off the bookshelves? Barclay probably had to sweep up all of the tossed over litter box contents in Data's quarters after a Borg attack. Heck, I bet Joe Carey, who went missing for several seasons rearranged all of Neelix's pots and pans in the mess hall (after he finished building his shuttlecraft of the day, of course) when Voyager was hit by the anomaly of the week.

2. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

The computers use the transporter/replicator technology to clean up and replace everything.

The prove of this:

Voyager's Timeless

Before the crash
    [​IMG]

15 years after the crash
    [​IMG]

Obviously those systems can survive planetary crashes at full impulse

:D

3. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Every time I see the tea sets and vases and other things I think of this.

4. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Riker does make references to the ship cleaning itself in TNG. This is something I would've liked to see.

5. Dale Sams

Dale Sams Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The poor sods seen setting the tables in ST:VI, and in TNG times, civilans as seen in Lower Decks.

See the galaxy! Explore the human condition! Clean up exploded consoles!

somebuddyX likes this.
  6. teacake

Imagine if all the broken crap on the floor of your quarters is transported to the replicators and reassembled and then transported back to wherever it was originally.

7. Argus Skyhawk

Argus Skyhawk Commodore Commodore

I've always thought that transporter technology could be used for a heck of a lot more than just beaming people to and from the surfaces of planets. Imagine how they could be used in surgery or construction.

8. teacake

Well they did it with Keiko's baby. Must have magically inflated Kira's womb too. And then used the transporter to delicately attach all the blood vessels of the placenta (?!). Based on that alone I'd say the transporter is capable of some very high need surgery use.

9. Captain Nebula

Captain Nebula Commander Red Shirt

They also did it with the automated repair station on Enterprise (sorry, can't remember the episode).

10. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That was Dead Stop. I enjoyed that episode. It had a ton of continuity regarding the damage from the previous episode, including Reed's injury and even back when Tucker crashed the shuttle into it during the pilot. Whatever else you want to say about Enterprise, at least they did acknowledge damage to the ship for more than the episode it happened.

11. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

Tucker: "Boy, down south that not call crashing, it's called rubbing."

:)

12. teacake

By that definition the decon scenes are called marriage.

13. at Quark's

at Quark's Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well, yeah, that was only the 22nd century, before the invention of Automagic Repair Technology :lol:

14. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

The maintenance department. The ship likely automatically clean up dust and other very fine particles, but for bigger stuff I definitely think there's a staff that handles that with appropriate cleaning tools and machines, IMO.

I also think only the captain has an assigned yeoman that handles his or her personal items (like momentos). Everyone else has to pick up their own personal stuff that might have been knocked loose from a desk or a shelf.

15. at Quark's

at Quark's Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Doesn't Chakotay say something like 'besides, I left my quarters a mess', in Timeless, suggesting that he would have no such person ? And he was a first officer ...

16. C.E. Evans

It would fit with the TOS-era idea of "the captain's yeoman" being something of a personal butler as well as a secretary.

17. teacake

They were a small crew complement, I doubt they had maids and barbers like on TNG.

18. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
    Brownies do it.

19. teacake

[​IMG]

Thank god they're all cloaked so we don't have to look at them.

20. C.E. Evans

Kirk did have yeomen bring him coffee and his meals in TOS, and I don't see why there wouldn't be at least one barber on a deep-space starship with a crew of 400+ that could be weeks away from the nearest starbase. Such personnel would likely be considered part of the ship's services department, IMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.