B'Elanna in Season 7

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by DS9, May 22, 2011.

1. DS9

DS9 Lieutenant Red Shirt

Does anyone else think that B'Elanna Torres is the the best character in season 7? In seasons 1-6 I really like her but it wasn't until season 7 that I REALLY liked her. There are some good episodes with her. One that comes to mind is "Lineage" which is one of my favorite Voyager episodes ever. I think that she is one of the best charcters in the series and in the Trek universe.

2. BlobVanDam

BlobVanDam Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

She actually quite annoyed me in Lineage. :lol: I think Prophecy was a better B'Elanna episode. I thought season 7 was quite a good character season all round, actually.

For me she was pretty consistent throughout Voyager's run. I don't think she was one of the best actors on the show, but far from the worst, and I liked her character. She had sass.

3. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm afraid her depressive episodes were handled so poorly it killed the character for me. Instead of sympathy for a character suffering, it was "B'Elanna's whining again":rolleyes:

Plus, she settled for a guy who DIDN'T EVEN REALIZE SHE WAS SUICIDAL and more often than not, treated her like shit.

I know, not all season seven, but still...

4. froot

froot Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Guarding the Compound with the Grey Wardens
    ^ Yeah, that's mostly Season 5. ;)

I like P/T, but, then again, I'm one of like 2 people who think Tom Paris is awesome. YES, I SAID IT. TOM PARIS IS AWESOME. There. I said it again in caps lock.

Anyways, I also think "Prophecy" was kinder to her character than "Lineage," although the flashbacks in that episode were cool, IMO. Voyager didn't do a whole lot of straight-up flashbacks. Overall, though, I agree that B'Elanna really got some great moments in 7. "Workforce" was pretty great, along with the others mentioned.

I guess a lot of her episodes were sort of "she's whining again," but I still enjoyed 'em.

My "Dang, B'Elanna, you COOL" moment probably came while I was watching "Barge of the Dead." Honorable mention goes to "Faces," but I was like 10 at the time and I think the reason I liked that episode stemmed from the fact that the scene with the spit-roasted rodent was funny.

5. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I never even remember B'Elanna is in it.

6. sonak

sonak Vice Admiral Admiral

in a figment of a mediocre mind's imagination
    I think B'Elanna was better in the earlier seasons before they "softened " her, and I thought a Chakotay-Torres relationship(hinted at with her fantasy in a second season episode I can't come up with the name of) made a LOT more sense given their Maquis background together rather than her falling for cliche "bad boy" Tom Paris.

7. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    Is Faces the one where she's split into two sides of personality? That's not only my fave B'Elanna, but also one of fave VOY and Trek episodes. Dawson does such a great job in that. Otherwise, I think writers wasted her, especially in later seasons.

Oh, and :techman: to Paris from here too...

8. Rom's Sehlat

Rom's Sehlat Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I saw a good, friends-style relationship between Be'lanna and Chakotay. They were friends, but not bf-gf.

9. vas2009

vas2009 Captain Captain

I'm with you froot. TOM PARIS IS AWESOME. :techman:

I also LOVE B'Elanna but mostly I love just having her there filling in where needed puting her two cents in and being a kick ass engineer... Jugernaught is my FAV B'Elanna ep. It is probably the one episode that has very little Janeway and yet I still watch it all the time.

By whining I assume we mean the "I hate my Klingon side" whining. It bothers me little. :klingon:

10. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Weren't they making out in an early episode? Or was that a dream or alien influence thing?

11. Rom's Sehlat

Rom's Sehlat Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I think that was an alien-induced thing, whether or not it was a dream..

12. sonak

sonak Vice Admiral Admiral

in a figment of a mediocre mind's imagination

it was alien-induced, but it was definitely her fantasy. Which means that she at least was interested in Chakotay as more than a friend, even if the reverse wasn't true.(there's really no indication either way from him)

13. Jeri

Jeri Vice Admiral Admiral

My favorite ep is "Muse," and B'Elanna makes that episode. Sometimes I'm surprised it's really her, due to the classical aspects. But they definitely needed an engineer for it. She stepped up and did her non-engineering duty and succeeded brilliantly.

My second-favorite B'Elanna ep is Juggernaut. These two eps have a strange connection: they both have artists in them. Malon Fesek is a sculptor and Kelis a poet. I'm a fan of Kellie Waymire (RIP) and Joseph Will, both of whom went on from "Muse" to Enterprise.

14. Anika Hanson

Anika Hanson Captain Captain

I preferred her in the earlier seasons, not as much after seven came as I didn't like the way she treated her. Overall she was one of my fav characters in Voyager and females in Star Trek.

15. exodus

exodus Fleet Admiral Admiral

Exactly.

16. Vinkula

Vinkula Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

One of the best characters in Voyager... Well, I like all characters from Voyager xDlmao.

17. JeffM

JeffM Ensign Red Shirt

Yeah I feel a little of this from King Daniel.

Still, Torres is one of my favorites in Voyager, I like her temper and attitude and enjoyed how she played off of the other characters.