RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 149,579
Members: 26,484
Currently online: 347
Newest member: alexguy344

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Future of Trek

Future of Trek Discussion of future Trek projects.

Old July 30 2014, 08:55 PM   #16
Re: Any New Series on the Trek?

We are currently in a new golden age of television. Everyone is joining in, with both critical and popular success. HBO and AMC have opened the doors and now everybody wants to get in on the game. Netflix and other non-broadcast-based shows are exploding.

How in the world has Star Trek not joined in?

They're missing the new golden age!
kitik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30 2014, 10:55 PM   #17
Re: Any New Series on the Trek?

VST wrote: View Post
I guess you could say Netflix are becoming their own network to an extent, what with House of Cards airing solely online there.

I'm sure I've heard theoretically how such a Star Trek arrangement might work, but of course given it's a franchise & so tied up with Paramount & such, it'd be highly unlikely to happen through them. Maybe one day with their own studio though, online could be a possibility...
Oh ya I agree, Netflix is starting to do, they produce their own content. Next step is live streaming and viewer interactions I think.

I meant the major tv networks(CBS, ABC, NBC), they're going the way of kodak and the dodo bird if they continue to let things pass them by.
wulfio is offline   Reply With Quote