Announcing new DTI novella and Rise of the Federation 3 & 4!

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Christopher, Jan 27, 2014.

1. nickyboy

nickyboy Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Great news!

2. CaptainDonovin

CaptainDonovin Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Wow, this just really made my day. I love the DTI & RoTF (as opposed to ROTF:LMAO!) novels that have already been out. Mentally pre-ordering to my kindle!

3. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I am sorely tempted to come up with a novel title that fits that initialism. Unfortunately, all I can think of at the moment is Rise of the Federation: Lava Monsters Attack! Ohh!

4. Avro Arrow

Avro Arrow Vice Admiral Moderator

Congrats! These sound great, and I'm looking forward to all three. The DTI one sounds especially fun!

Based on the cover of the first one, you could have called it Rise of the Federation: Life Makes Archer Ornery. ;)

5. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Really? Is that in one of the existing DTI novels?

6. dansigal

dansigal Captain Captain

Unfortunately?

7. Christopher

No, it is not. Maybe it's from Star Trek Online?

8. Deranged Nasat

Deranged Nasat Vice Admiral Admiral

Rise of the Federation: Love Means Aenar Orgasms.

Both a stimulating character piece for beloved supporting player Shran, and a gripping account of the internal politics of newly Federated Andor, as the Andorian people make the fateful decision to underplay their genetic decline to avoid implications of political vulnerability. Can Shran guide the Andorian people to a better tomorrow while navigating the complex dynamics of a mixed-race family and four-gender mating scheme?

9. Christopher

^No story ideas, please! :lol:

10. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I'm hesitant to suggest any serious title ideas because I'm afraid you wouldn't be able to use them. :ouch:

11. Thrawn

Thrawn Rear Admiral Premium Member

Leonard, My Angry Orangutan?
    Love My Apple Orchard?
    Lick More Archer Orifices? (yecch)

12. Markonian

Markonian Fleet Admiral Moderator

No, there is not a specific source. I inferred it because it's from Daniel's time period, is small and unobtrusive and is a function time machine. Either it's a Temporal Agency research vessel, or belonged to one of the historians mentioned by Daniels in "Cold Front".

Otherwise, what would a small random time pod do in the 22nd century?

13. Mr. Laser Beam

We've seen that Daniels (along with anyone he wants to tag along) can instantly appear in any time period without even using a space pod. So why would his people need a craft like that?

14. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

If not a TIC ship, perhaps not everyone has access to that portal technology in the time period? And not every mission can be accomplished on foot.

15. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

Ugh. I loved the DTI novels, but don't have an e-reader. Still, cool news. Now, please excuse me while I go to the corner and cry for a bit :sigh:

16. Markonian

Markonian Fleet Admiral Moderator

Is it possible for you to download the Amazon Kindle app on your cell phone or tablet? That would be an option.

17. Mr. Laser Beam

^ Kindle has apps available for pretty much every major platform available today. OS X, Windows, iOS, and Android.

18. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

You don't even need a tablet or smart phone, you can just download the reader programs to your computer and read the e-books that way.

19. Mr. Laser Beam

^ Which is why I mentioned OS X and Windows. ;)

As for other ebook platforms: I know Apple's iBooks is - now - available on OS X and not just iOS. I don't know if there's a Windows equivalent to that app.

20. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

I have no phone, tablet, etc. Only this 8 year old computer. It sucks, but this is the first time I've seen a ebook only story I was interested in, so its not usually a big issue. It just sucks that its a novella connected to DTI, something I don't think we'll be seeing again in actual book form anytime soon, if at all. At least if it was just a good sounding Trek TV series based novella I could take solace in the fact that those of us who can only read physical books will be getting books based off the premise/characters before too long, so missing one good story isn't a huge deal. Still, I'm sure its going to be cool, and I can say that this is the first time I've been jealous of people who can read ebooks. I hope people enjoy it (and the other two books that were mentioned).