‘Superman & Batman’ movie will follow ‘Man of Steel’

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JoeZhang, Jul 20, 2013.

1. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Agreed. If nothing else, it makes very clear that this movie is probably going to look cool as hell no matter who is playing Batman. And something that people will absolutely need to see.

I also got a kick out of this "bootleg-style" TV spot:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ge17K8_I1LU

2. superdeluxe

superdeluxe Captain Captain

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/movienewsandreviews/news/?a=86071

This will not sit well with Batman fans.

3. davejames

Ha, probably not, but I still think it was a funny statement. People just take this shit way too seriously.

4. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

I seem to remembering some grumbling about Chris Hemsworth as Thor. The internet's favorite was the guy who plays the viking vampire on TRUE BLOOD, not some guy who played Kirk's dad for ten minutes in the Trek reboot. And he was Australian for pete's sake. Whoever heard of an Australian viking?

But, you know, it turned out the filmmakers knew what they were doing.

And I remember people grumbling that the guy who played the Human Torch couldn't possibly play Captain America, too, 'cause they were completely different characters . . . and everyone knows that actors can only play the same kind of character over and over . . ..

5. davejames

If Affleck gets as big and buff as Hemsworth, Evans, and Cavill did, I have a feeling more people will come around and have an easier time seeing him as Batman.

6. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

They currently have a Australian rugby player who's trying to make the team as a defensive end.

:shifty:

7. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

There was more fuss over Idris Elba playing Heimdall. Overlooking the fact that they're not Vikings, they're Asgardians, beings who were worshipped as gods by the Norse. And the Norse probably interpreted their gods to look like themselves even if it didn't reflect reality -- much like European artists painted Christ to look European rather than Middle Eastern.

And of course now we've got an Englishman playing Superman. I think there was some grumbling over that too. (And weren't there some doubts back in the day about whether Christopher Reeve was the right type for Superman?)

8. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Nah, I think fans have come to expect the British stealing all the superhero roles!:p

9. marksound

marksound Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

These days, when I see a quote from Matt Damon I'm hearing the voice from Team America. :lol:

10. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Jason Bourne needs to keep his mouth shut instead of disrespecting the Batman! :p

11. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Didn't the internet want that wrestler HHH at some point to play Thor?:lol:

12. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Some people were also upset about Ed Norton being replaced by Mark Ruffalo--which clearly had a huge impact on THE AVENGERS. :)

13. Christopher

It's interesting how attitudes have shifted. Back in the '50s or '60s, the concern would've been that a lowly superhero character was unworthy of an actor of the caliber of George Reeves or Adam West. These days the concern is that the actor is unworthy of the superhero, even though the caliber of the actors getting cast is usually quite high.

14. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

I think the "upset" was more over Norton being a huge insufferable twat necessitating the recasting of the role for the third time in as many movies. I can't recall, however, any real concerns over Ruffalo himself.

15. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

You mean two movies. The original Hulk movie doesn't count, as the Norton one was a reboot, of course.

16. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Yeah, Norton should blame himself for Marvel not asking him to appear again in Avengers. He made his own bed by being so difficult, so I don't feel sorry for him.

Just like I don't feel sorry for Terrance Howard, who was reportedly the highest paid actor in the first Iron Man, getting recast for not taking a pay-cut when it came time to do IM2.

17. Trekker4747

Three Hulk movies (or two Hulk-specific movies and one movie with Hulk in it) were made. Each movie with a different actor in it. Three actors played the Hulk in as many (3) movies. I meant what I said. That the Ang Lee Hulk movie doesn't count in the MCU is irrelevant it's still a movie that was made with an actor portraying the Hulk/Banner in it. If that movie had been success it never would've necessitated a reboot and, hell, the entire MCU likely would have been very different.

18. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

We should be grateful that Ang Lee's Hulk flopped.

If it had been a hit, Universal wouldn't have given the rights back to Marvel Studios, and Hulk wouldn't have even been in the Avengers.

19. Trekker4747

Yeah, the use of Hulk in Avengers was great. Who knows what would have happened if Hulk stayed with Universal.

20. Christopher

Still, you meant the role was recast for the second time. Eric Bana was the first, so that doesn't count as recasting the role, just casting it (unless you're including Bixby/Ferrigno).