Crashed Starfleet ship in STB?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by DaddlerTheDalek, Aug 17, 2015.

1. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Captain Captain

2. Albertese

Albertese Commodore Commodore

I hope it's not the Enterprise given that we just did that last movie. And kinda did that in the one before, with almost being pulled into a black hole and barely escaping intact, and we blew up Enterprises in Generations and The Search For Spock, so how about not.

Unfortunately, the fact that crashing/blowing up the ship yet again would be so disappointing for me, probably means that's exactly what's going to happen.

--Alex

3. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

I would put good money on that being a Starfleet ship, anyway.

4. ralph

ralph Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The way it is being built the set, It looks like this spaceship crashed a long time ago.

5. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Based on it looking like a Connie, it can't have been too long ago since the Enterprise was the first.

6. WarpFactorZ

WarpFactorZ Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

All I see is an incomplete bridge/viewscreen portion of a saucer, and a partial corridor. How can you possibly tell what type of ship it is?

7. Franklin

Franklin Vice Admiral Admiral

True. But I gotta say I thought the same thing as Ralph. It doesn't look like quite like a fresh crash site. I guess we'll see.

As I said in another thread, building a set that big may mean the action around the ship after the crash is more important than the crash, itself. After all, a crashed a starship could be done all CGI. Something important must happen there to spend so much money on that set piece.

It's obviously a Starfleet vessel. If it's the Enterprise, looks like Sulu missed putting her in the ocean this time.

8. BillJ

You're right, there's not a lot there. But the viewscreen shape matches the Enterprise and so do the corridor colors. So it would seem to be something similar to it.

9. Franklin

Franklin Vice Admiral Admiral

BillJ, I'm intrigued. In which picture do you see corridors?

Does anyone have any idea what the red circular things in one of the pictures could be? They don't look like anything I can think of that's part of a starship.

10. BillJ

Eighth picture down has a ragged, white edge. If you look closely, I believe you can see the corridor. It also looks like it is at the edge of the saucer.

[​IMG]

11. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

It's probably a different ship but using the same bridge and corridor sets as the Enterprise. Doesn't necessarily mean it's a nuConnie.

12. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Ture it could also be a nuMiranda, or an up dated Kelvin type, or heck maybe even a nuSaladin.

Besides would be the first time they gave another starship a similar bridge as the Enterprise, they did that most of the time in the 80s films.

13. ralph

ralph Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

USS Kelvin also had viewscreen. I do not remember if it was something similar.
    Remember that we only saw USS Kelvin and others ships quickly. In Nutrek many things can be different. But I think that it is an old ship.
    Maybe we can see the nacelles in CGI (or what remains).

I agree. Something important must happen there.
    I believe that we will see Kirk and advanced group entering the ship, but something will go wrong.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2015
  14. Malaika

Malaika Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

they maybe visit a planet where they find an old crashed ship (which hints someone had visited it before and they aren't the first getting there) that was destroyed by the evil natives that aren't actually evil, of course.
    Boutella is one of the natives while Elba maybe is the captain of the destroyed ship. We're supposed to think he's good while Boutella&co are the bad guys but he's actually the real villain.. except in the end he really isn't because someonelse is revealed being the actual villain. End credits.

(hope Pegg doesn't read this board :lol:)

15. BillJ

I hope Idris Elba is playing Ron Tracey, "We killed thousands and they still came".

16. saddestmoon

saddestmoon Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm calling it! :p

The USS Enterprise is sent out to investigate the mysterious disappearance of a Federation starship, somewhere in an unexplored section of space...

This is the wreckage they find, on an unexplored planet, finding no trace of the crew...

Mystery, intrigue and action ensue!

:bolian: Huzzah!!!!!!

17. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Anyone find it strange that there is no B/C deck under the window? It goes straight into the saucer surface, which is also oddly shaped.

18. OpenMaw

OpenMaw Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I put good money on this being a smaller science ship.

19. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Like the Oberth class? Ooh, are we going to see the Grissom with an Abrams-style registry of NCC-0638?

An Abramsverse Oberth class is still going to be freaking huge, even if it is a fraction of the Enterprise's size.

20. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

That would be 0awesome!