Welcome new Voyager fans!

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Caprica_Six, Apr 16, 2005.

1. The Grim Ghost

The Grim Ghost Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

As far as I know the only place it is shown in the USA is at 3 am (eastern time) on Spike Monday through Wednesday. Great time slot eh? :rolleyes:

I don't think it will be on much longer though.

2. TempParadox

TempParadox Cadet Newbie

Hey everyone,
    This is my first post but I've been lurking around for a while. My first Star Trek experience was Next Gen, I then discovered DS9 but my favourite series is definitely Voyager. Janeway is such a strong role model/leader.
    I've almost finished my first complete viewing of the series and I would have to say that overall it's been pretty enjoyable.
    Cheers

3. The Grim Ghost

The Grim Ghost Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

4. kimc

kimc Coffee Mod Admiral

Welcome to the board. :)

5. Searider Falcon

Searider Falcon Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Love the icon, TariAdama! ;)

6. AdmiralSteven

AdmiralSteven Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I forgot to pop in and introduce myself when I first came aboard, sorry, but I'm here now. So, hey everyone.

7. kimc

kimc Coffee Mod Admiral

Welcome. :)

8. es!

es! Commander Red Shirt

Hey AdmiralSteven! :)

9. andersonh1

andersonh1 Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Hi all,

I'm a relatively new Voyager fan. It was very much the opposite when the show was first airing. I watched the first two seasons and really did not like the show. Didn't like most of the characters, and wasn't impressed with the reset plots. I gave up on the series somewhere in the third season, only occasionally dipping back in to see what was happening. But apart from the occasional 4th season episode, Unimatrix 1 and 2 and the series finale, I had never seen most or all of the 4th through 7th seasons.

I recently decided to give the show another chance, since I was wanting to watch some new Trek while waiting for the movie to come out in theaters. So I got season 4 on DVD, and enjoyed it quite a bit more than I expected. After that I went back and got the remaining seasons, generally in order, and watched the entire series from start to finish. It has its weaknesses, but it's far better than I remembered, and I often like it more than TNG. Season 7 in particular addresses many of my complaints about earlier seasons and lack of continuity/consequences.

So I'm a new fan... disliked the show when it was on the air, but have become a fan after watching Voyager on DVD.

10. JayTheTrekkie

JayTheTrekkie Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Good to see you have given Voyager a 2nd chance and now you liked Voyager. Welcome new Voyager fan! :D

11. kimc

kimc Coffee Mod Admiral

I think in some ways Voyager was ahead of its time. At least, that seems to be the impression from those who become fans after giving the series another shot years later...

12. andersonh1

andersonh1 Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Thanks!

I think too that it helps that some time has gone by since Star Trek has been on the air. It may well be that at the time, having seen 7 seasons of TNG and 2 DS9, that I was hitting the saturation point with Trek. I know when watching Voyager through this time around I still noticed the same things that I originally disliked, but I wasn't bothered nearly as much.

13. Pemmer Harge

Pemmer Harge Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Hello, I'm Pemmer Harge (rem ir Tibe). Voyager's not my favourite Trek, but I watch it sometimes and I love the theme tune and opening titles.

14. Jeri

Jeri Vice Admiral Admiral

Hi, Pemmer Harge; nice LeGuin reference. :)

15. kimc

kimc Coffee Mod Admiral

16. Mr.Borg

Mr.Borg Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Hi..I am Mr.Borg...a new member here. My interests are..borg, startrek, and games related to star trek.:borg: Anyways..for Voyager..I loved all the 8472 and Borg stuff but there were a lot of flaws...

17. kimc

kimc Coffee Mod Admiral

Welcome Mr. Borg.

Never thought I'd ever be saying that...

;)

18. DalekJim

DalekJim Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Always been a fan of TOS and to a lesser extent DS9, can't get into TNG at all and find it to be a crushing bore.

Over the past week I've just been sitting here ill and watching Voyager, I completly adore it. I've now stopped watching random repeats on the TV and began my marathon from the beginning with the first season being near completion.

I generally like all of the characters with Janeway and The Doctor standing out as brilliantly acted. In fact I think at this rate Janeway will overtake McCoy as my fave character in the whole of Trek.

Never knew untill checking out forums and the like that this series had such hate? Everybody I've known in real life has enjoyed it and preferred it over DS9 oddly.

19. Frazzled

Frazzled Commander Red Shirt

Hello DalekJim! Interesting point you make there, everyone I meet in real life prefers Voyager to DS9 too, I wasn't aware that it was possible to be the other way round til I started reading here haha. Each to their own I guess!

20. kimc

kimc Coffee Mod Admiral

I agree it's an interesting point. I guess the casual fan had a hard time getting into the story arc. Oh, and welcome. :)