Agents of SHIELD. Season 1 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Trekker4747, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Luminus

Luminus Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It won't be Victoria. That's too anticlimactic. They said we would be very surprised who it is.

2. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Well that might surprise the general viewer who knows nothing of Victoria from the comics.

3. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

^Well that would include me too. I stopped reading Marvel 15 years ago. The only Marvel I'm reading right now are the Spider-Man titles, and I only started picking them up again about a year ago.

4. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

Did they say we'd be surprised to find out who The Clairvoyant is? I forgot.

Victoria Hand came off as both adversarial and a danger to the team, so, yeah, no way would I be surprised if it were her.

What if it were one of the team? Yes, I'd be surprised, though I'd be the least surprised if it were Fitz. I keep getting a bad vibe from him.

5. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm not sure about the complete set of those two.

Popular science jocks from S.H.I.E.L.D. High school?

They are so fictional.

6. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

I don't think Victoria Hand is the Clairvoyant, but I wouldn't be surprised if she's working for him.

7. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

If nothing else, she's got to be Skye's mother.

8. Guy Gardener

But Skye does not have an English accent.

9. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

Who said that? If that is true then it will most likely be somebody already in the series. Perhaps one of the team members?

10. DEWLine

DEWLine Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

if there's a mole on the Bus - willing or not (and we've established the possibility of an enslaved mole) - I can think of two possibilities right now.

11. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Someone up thread mentioned Samuel Sterns, and I really like that idea. It would be a great way to follow up on what was set up in The Incredible Hulk, without actually giving us another Hulk movie.

12. Guy Gardener

Have you seen the episode of Voyager Unforgettable?

Virginia Madsen excreted hormones that forced strangers to forget she existed after a couple hours WHILE a computer virus swirls around her erasing her presence on a technological level from the ships library computers.

Or how about the Episode of Alphas where there was a villain who would robustly magnify natural the blindspots in a persons vision, so that she(?) was inperceptable (Yes, the redheaded limey from Lost) to those around her.

Or the episode of Stargate SG1 The Fifth man, where an alien oozed a memory altering goop, that tricked McGyver into beleiving that a bug eyed alien was and always had been a human member of SG1 since the pilot...

If someone on the bus is a retroactively implaneted memory that's not going to be inserted till near the end of season one, my money is on Fitz or Simmons since they are interchangeable to the point that you have to wonder why the bus needs both of them?

13. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

Virginia Madsen. :adore:
    I worked with a woman who looks like her for 25 years. She got laid off last week. :cry:

Guy, did you look all that up, or is your memory really a quivering tower of useless trivia? :)

14. Avalon

Avalon Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

If Victoria Hand is the Clairvoyant or working for him (Raina did say "he" once when talking with Coulson), why would they need to kidnap Coulson to find out how they brought him back to life? Hand has better access/higher clearance than he does.

15. Duncan MacLeod

Duncan MacLeod Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Could be that's "Need to Know" information. Doesn't matter how high your Security Clearance is. If you don't have a "need to know", then you don't.

Hand would not have a need to know.

16. Guy Gardener

Useless? I did not dredge up about when this also happened in Team Knight Rider.

Perspective please!

17. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

18. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

Hand made it clear in that very episode she had no idea why Coulson was so important while asking May if she knew. Could have been a two-pronged strategy to get the info.

19. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

I would get rid of Fitz, I fully admit I don't like the character at all. I don't think the actor who plays him is very good, in a sea of actors who aren't that good, besides Coulson and May.

20. Guy Gardener

As long as May deflowers him first.