Photobucket beta gripe

Discussion in 'Web Sites/Design' started by Unicron, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

Been checking into my Photobucket account as of late and it seems as if they've ironed out some of the issues on it. It's running smoother than it has in ages. Might look into another image site if things start to go south again though, just to be on the safe side.

2. Unicron

Unicron Boss Monster Mod Moderator

I've noticed that too. The beta version isn't nearly as buggy as it was before, and that's a plus.

3. Random_Spock

Definitely. It looks like they got some people in there now who are working on making sure things work well site wise. Not that they didn't have it before, but things are working a lot better :).

4. Unicron

It's rather odd that now the image tags are wrapped in a URL tag instead of just plain image tags.

5. Unicron

My apologies for bumping this, but I'm curious about something that perhaps I can get help with (I've already looked at the site FAQ). Has anyone tried the Plus upgrade? I got a message saying I'm apparently "close" to exceeding the 10 GB limit on a free account even though I admittedly have a ton of uploads and have never had this sort of thing before. I'd say that's most likely related to adding new thread bomb pics periodically, but is the upgrade worthwhile? Would it be better to delete some of my older pics or consider an alternative?

6. Timewalker

Timewalker Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady Premium Member

In many different universes, simultaneously.
    Can anyone answer this? I've been wondering this, too. I had a nice, restful-on-the-eyes theme before, and now it's all stark white. That is definitely not restful on the eyes.

Do you mean a pro account? I've had that for years. I consider it worth it, since I never see any ads, and I don't need to worry about exceeding any limits.

7. Unicron

I'd imagine plus is effectively the same, as that's the only term I see on the help index presently. It's an option I'm keeping in mind, though I'm trying to learn more about how the bandwidth usage works. I probably only use links or image tags for a quarter of what I actually upload, and that's not that often within a given time frame (such as a month).

8. Timewalker

Timewalker Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady Premium Member

In many different universes, simultaneously.
    Since I post a lot of my Photobucket stuff that has to do with lolpics (there are some pretty funny Trek and Doctor Who ones) and also use it to host the graphics for the forums I run, I have to make absolutely sure I don't exceed any restrictions. And even though Firefox has some excellent add-ons that take care of the annoying ads, I don't always have the choice to use Firefox.

All around, I've never regretted having a paid account. And it just may give me a little push in being noticed when I complain about the beta and how they "fixed" what wasn't broken in the first place ("you messed this up and I'm paying for this mess???!").

No business wants to alienate the paying customers...

9. Random_Spock

Yea it is, along with the fact that there isn't (at least from what I can tell) a way to see the size of an image anymore. That comes in handy sometimes.