‘Superman & Batman’ movie will follow ‘Man of Steel’

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JoeZhang, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

What the city really needs is for a corporation with military contracts to swoop in. Maybe help out the police.....

;)

2. Misfit Toy

Misfit Toy Caped Trek Mod Admiral

3. Chrono85

Chrono85 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Speaking of which, some people are erecting a Robocop statue in detroit. It was successfully funded through kickstarter.

4. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

That is awesome. Want.

5. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Peter Weller even endorsed it on Funnyordie.com

Some people hated the idea. They thought Robocop represented a hell hole future for Detriot being glorfied

6. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

But iss it not believed that Robocop will help clean up the city? (IE: bringing in Tourism that will bring in an influx of money that could be spent)

7. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Oh, I think Detroit was sending itself there no matter what.

Robocop was designed to be somewhat of the "ultimate cop" to help protect Delta City once OCP had finally eradicated Detroit and built it.

8. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

^Well, he was meant to be the prototype of a new product line of RoboCops, but the people behind the project all ended up, err, downsized from existence. And if you believe the movie sequel, they never managed to get a second one to work anyway.

9. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Sequel? I'm sorry, I think you're mistaken. There was only ever one RoboCop movie made. ;)

10. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

^If only that were so.

11. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

The sequels both had a lot of good ideas I thought, and I actually consider the third film to be a worthy follow up to the first.

As a kid I really loved Robocop 2, I think the final fight between both robots is still pretty fun to watch, but the movie as it is is a huge mess, too many plotlines vying for time while the main character almost turns into a secondary character in his own movie.

Anyways, as to the thread title:

I finally saw 'Man of Steel' on Monday, while I won't pull this thread off course with a huge review, I will say I enjoyed it, but had a few issues with the pacing.

Now having seen it, I am a little disappointed we can't get a true sequel to the film, and by that I mean another solo outing for Supes, I think Henry Cavill made a great Superman/Clark Kent and would love to see him be able to expand in the role. I have no doubt a great story can be made with Superman meeting Batman, but part of me will always be wishing it could have been a solo outing.

12. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

They did an episode that was very complimentary of him after Argo. I could be wrong but I think they've said all they plan to say about him.

13. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

There's been a new episode since Argo came out? It feels like it hasn't been on in a year... and I know they're producing fewer episodes a year now, too. I think it's ten in one shot rather than seven and seven?

14. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Well, one movie and one TV series. That's all that counts for me. Although...

The second film had a pretty decent first act, but then it degenerated into mindlessness. As for the third, it had its moments, and was certainly better than the second, but it certainly had its weaknesses.

It does deserve credit for that from a technical standpoint. The battle between RoboCop and RoboCop 2 is probably the last great stop-motion animation set piece in cinematic history, or certainly one of the last. It was only 3 years later that Jurassic Park came along and rendered stop-motion obsolete (thanks, ironically, to Phil Tippett, the same person who animated the RC2 stop-motion scenes).

15. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

And then later came the dark age when movie dinosaurs started to look like crap for some reason.

16. Goji

Goji Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I felt that way at first. But the more I thought about it, the first "Man of Steel" had Superman teaming up with a number of characters to stop the bad guys. They just weren't wearing any capes. I'm sure Batman will feature more into the story and command more presence on screen than Superman's human allies in the first film, but I imagine (and hope) that the next movie will be along the same lines.

17. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Agreed. I'm fairly excited at the idea of a Batman teamup, but Superman's story was just barely getting started in the first movie, and it feels like a shame we that we won't get to see it continued in a more natural way, with a story focused solely on him.

Of course... I felt the exact same way about SR back in the day, so I guess I should be happy we're getting any followup movie at ALL this time. Lol

18. Chuck Finley

Chuck Finley Commander

Yeah, I don't remember an episode about Ben Afleck since Argo and I watch South Park religiously. This being the big news it is, I doubt they will stay silent, but I could be wrong.

19. Gojira

Gojira Commodore Commodore

Just adding my voice to the chorus, I too wanted at least one more solo Superman movie before they teamed him up with Bataman or another character.

I guess the studio is nervous. Casting a controversial actor to play Batman will also help pull people into the theater to see how Affleck does in the role.

20. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Going Native:

• "Going Native" is the eleventh episode of the sixteenth season of the American animated sitcom South Park, and the 234th episode of the series overall. It premiered on Comedy Central in the United States on October 17, 2012.

Butters begins acting out at school, beating up a fellow student seemingly without provocation, and then later excoriating his male classmates for being stuck-up and disingenuous, save for Kenny, who he says is the only one with any dignity….

When asked if his anger has subsided, Butters admits that he is still jealous of Ben Affleck, who, in addition to being very handsome and married to Jennifer Lopez, is a good film director. When informed that Affleck is "just" married to Jennifer Garner, Butters' anger is assuaged, and he walks off into the sunset with Kenny, content.