"Castle" season 4 begins tonight

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Neroon, Sep 19, 2011.

1. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

I think she looked a lot more girly than she did in Flashforward.

2. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

At first I thought the reporter was Katie Featherstone from "Paranormal Activity" but then upon closer look and a quick imdb search found out it wasn't :( LOL. Also this person can't be Michael Dorn, we've seen him. The quip specifically stated that this is someone whom we've NOT seen all season long. One of Castle's ex's is an interesting suggestion.

3. IcecreamLtDan

IcecreamLtDan Captain Captain

Robert Picardo maybe?

4. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

^Good call.

So is anyone else looking forward to Adam Baldwin's guest appearance on the 16th?

5. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

Hell yeah.. i've liked him since i saw him on Full Metal Jacket and then he starred in Firefly (one of my all time favorite shows) and Chuck. He's just awesome and works well together with Fillion and i so hope they drop a Firefly reference somewhere :lol:

I'd like to have seen the reunion and filming of the episode.. seems they liked each other very well.

6. Admiral_Young

Very much looking forward to Adam Baldwin's appearance, seen a screen cap of the two of them together, they most likely had loads of fun on set!

7. Admiral_Young

Just saw that the season finale is apparently titled "Always". Interesting title :)

8. spinnerlys

spinnerlys Commander Red Shirt

Seems no one watched yesterday's episode?

It was an okay episode, the case was blah blah, and I already forgot what is was all about.

Couldn't find any info, if that EastEnd Scotland Yard guy will be appearing again, but the trailer for next week looks more promising, as Alec Baldwin will appear.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQJ5M9NScNM[/yt]

9. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

Halfway decent plot, but yet another stupid way to keep them apart.

10. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

If it get soreted by seasons end then no worries but if it drags into the 5th season then it seems a really stupid move by the writers. Castle's demo is not that strong at the moment a 5th season could be its last (I still see it reaching 6 though before ending) I would like to see Castle/Beckett in relationship for a full season or two to change the dynamic of the show.

As for last nights episode it was good though nowhere near the level of the previous week.

11. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Not a bad episode. I'm not crazy about the increasing emphasis on the romantic tension, and DI Hunt was clearly introduced as a potential romantic interest for Kate and a further wedge between her and Castle, but I liked the dynamic of a visiting cop coming in and teaming with the gang on "his" case.

The actor playing DI Hunt seemed to have an authentic English accent as far as I could tell, and he even did an authentically terrible Brit-trying-to-sound-American accent, complete with the obligatory Southern drawl. So I think the actor is the real thing. (I can't find any casting info online, and most of the references mistakenly call him Simon Hunt instead of Colin. Perhaps the character's name was changed/redubbed shortly before airing due to legal problems.)

The main thing that bugged me was that incredibly detailed police sketch they got that led them to Hunt. I mean, when Hunt surprised the maid as she opened the motel room door, the way it was filmed, he'd already turned away from her by the time she raised her eyes, and it was pretty dark anyway, so there's no way she could've given such a detailed and accurate description. At most, she would've caught a faint glimpse of his profile. Police sketches are usually a lot more dead-on in TV and movies than in real life, but this was particularly ridiculous.

Adam Baldwin. And yeah, that should be cool, a bit of a Firefly reunion. It looks like they're going for a bit of a role reversal in their characters, with Fillion playing the character who acts foolish and Baldwin as the one who snarks at him for it.

12. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

Yea the plot was ok. But the whole have Castle go out with an 'invisible' airplane stewardess (iirc)... was just a lame plot device. :rolleyes: They're treading on some thin ice here when it comes down to the whole 'will they or won't they?' issue. Yea things are supposed to turn out ok in the end... but if the whole lame dialogue and lame ways to keep them apart continue on for much longer... I won't even bother to watch the show.

It's gotten to that point where it's almost not worth it anymore :(.

13. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

They tread dangerously on Moonlighting's thin ice.

14. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Makes sense to me. He's doing it to get back at Kate, or to distract himself from her, or whatever. It's believable as the way Castle would react in that situation. And the fact that we don't see much fo the flight attendant doesn't matter because emotionally, dramatically, it's still about Castle and Beckett. Or because this whole episode stuck pretty consistently with Beckett's POV. (We didn't even see Martha or Alexis this week.)

15. FPAlpha

I don't see it like that.

For me it's a natural progression.. treading water was the middle of the season up until he heard her "confess" that she remembers the shooting (and that also means Castle's I Love you) and the middle season made me cool off considerably when it came to Castle.

Now however things are in motion since last week and it feels natural to what they're going through, especially Castle. He feels betrayed by the very person he dived in front of a bullet to save her.. something he'd only do for his mother and daughter. Now he "knows" that either she's doesn't feel like him (a huge bummer) or that she had a "Yeah right.. falling in love with a playboy writer.. good joke" and it pissed him of to no end.

Castle is prone to overreaction and this is a major one.. he doesn't know how to deal with that properly (sane and rational adults would confront each other and lay it out in the open by talking it out) so he overreacts and reverts to his old playboy ways where nothing could touch or hurt him.

However he's hurting and no matter what he says he can't turn off his feelings and it will boil until the inevitable explosion which i guess will happen in the season finale (and i'm pretty sure because i've read an interview recently with the exec producer where he flat out said that in the season finale they will lay out the cards and reveal everything).

So no.. i'm definitely enjoying this seasons' end. Prior seasons had time going for it.. it is conceived as a big love story and you don't hop into a relationship after a few months. These things develop slowly especially with all the baggage involved (and the need to extend it a bit for TV drama purposes and put in an occasional wrench like bad timing or being in a relationship with a different person) but there came a time when it became a bit stale or ridiculous and that was 4th season for me.. after the explosive season 3 finale i was on edge to see how it would develop and when she claimed she doesn't remember i got a bit mad because pushing the reset button this easily was cheap but the show surprised me and threw me for a loop and i was content. Middle of season kinda lingered on and i got a bit bored but the end picks up tremendous speed and i'm happy.

16. Random_Spock

I see. Still not a huge fan of it though. Just a guess: could the stewardess not even exist? As in he just made her up... that would go with the whole getting back at Beckett thing. Makes the most sense there.

Ah, good catch, didn't really notice that.

17. FPAlpha

Uhm.. the stewardess was visible in at least two scenes.. at the murder scene when Castle arrives with her and lets her drive off with the Ferrari and the second time when she comes to the precinct for a lunchdate with Castle.

So no.. she is present but in the end inconsequential as Castle has no true feelings for her and i highly doubt he'll sleep with her.

18. Admiral_Young

I missed it, but know what about the plot device, commented about it after last week's episode. I agree with FPAlpha's assessment. As I mentioned last week, this is just phase one on the route to Caskett. I look it at yesterday's nonsense as almost filler type plot device and a way to continue the teasing. I think something is definitely going to happen in "Always" the season finale. I'll catch yesterday's episode when I have time later in the week, and am looking forward to Adam Baldwin's guest appearance.

19. Random_Spock

Ah, I didn't even notice her :lol:. You bring up a good point there. He doesn't care for her so in the end it doesn't matter.

@ Admiral_Young: Yep. And one (aside from the plot) that I'd rather forget...

Next weeks', I'm not looking forward to either... looks to be more of the same. Which is neither here nor there, but still... wish they'd come up with some better dialogue :lol:.

Definitely. And hopefully it'll turn out ok :).

20. Admiral_Young

^ Yeah I'm almost inclined to skip yesterday's episode. While the romance is a huge part of why I'm hooked on this show, it isn't the only thing, but it is what has been driving the plot in the last few episodes. I love this show too much to ignore any episode so I'll most likely break down and watch it lol.

Bravo Canada has been showing the repeats on Sunday night and aired a pretty bad ass season four "up to this date" trailer over the weekend. The score on this series is excellent. I hope one day we get a release, but not holding my breath.

Oh I forgot where I read this...but Stana Katic has stated that Caskett fans will be pleased with the season finale.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2012