DC Nation pulled from schedule!

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Gotham Central, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Gotham Central

Gotham Central Vice Admiral Admiral

Does anyone know what's going on. DC Nation just returned with new eps, and its showing up on my DVR schedule...but appears that the eps of Green Lantern and Young Justice have been pulled from the schedule...AT THE LAST MINUTE!

2. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

No idea what's going on, but it's not showing up at all on the Cartoon Network schedule, apparently for two weeks at least. It's still showing on my TV's schedule too, and I can't seem to find any sort of official announcement. Only thing I can find is this.

Really disappointing, I was really really looking forward to Young Justice; always am, but last week's explosive episode has me wondering what's next. And I'm sure Green Lantern's fans are upset too. DC really needs to put the screws to CN over this.

3. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah this was annoying as hell.

4. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

YJ confirmed for cancelled after season 2.

The Weisman curse strikes again.

5. Thestral

Confirmed where?

6. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

What the what?? I don't care about YJ, but I was freakin loving Green Lantern.

I find it hard to believe they'd go through the trouble of ordering another season just to cancel the damn thing two episodes in.

And don't they still have that new Batman series coming up?

7. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I was wondering what this means for the rest of the DC Nation. Are they going to just leave it off the air until the new shows start next year? What about all of the shorts and stuff that people have been working on?

8. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Happy 20th Anniversary Cartoon Network! Great way to celebrate.

9. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Really.:thumbdown:
    CBR has an article about the pull up, and it contains a couple quotes from GL producer Giancarlo Volpe:
    I would think they would have at least wanted to leave the shows up doing the weekend of NYCC. If they do a DC Nation panel, it will definitely be very interesting now.

10. Mr. Adventure

And I thought I was being sarcastic. You'd think following that logic they'd air a CN original instead of another outside license.

11. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Good point. I didn't even think of that.

12. Thestral

Yeah, that seems... really bizarre. And a lie I think, because if it was for their celebration you'd think they'd let cable providers know.

13. Ian Keldon

Ian Keldon Fleet Captain

14. Thestral

Last edited: Oct 13, 2012
  15. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

What the hell? They JUST started the new season! Surely there's 10 or so in the can for each one! Didn't the "DC Nation" just start with this new season????

16. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

We're probably going to get to point where people just want it to end. End the suffering brought on by CN.

Get to episode 20 and be done with it. Bring on the new Teen Titans cartoon and "Beware The Batman"

Let CN clean themselves of this 1/2 year mess

17. Mr. Adventure

Is that real? It seems like a crazy parody!

I'm sure the cycle will continue with the next one and so on.

18. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

I could care less about the "Teen Titans" and "beware the batman". I just want CN to finish "Young Justice"

At least make it to the finish line

19. Thestral

I don't want them to just finish it, I want them to give it at least another year or two. Why would they make such a massive decision at the last moment without even the consideration to tell the people who do TV listings, let alone the actual creators themselves? Or the DC Nation folks for that matter?

Ugh. Even if I was interested in the new TT or that new Batman show, why would I trust CN after this nonsense?

Guess I've got no reason to watch Cartoon Network until January... if even then, since the tweet doesn't actually mention any specific show.

20. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

DC needs to start shopping their shows to another network. One that will actually, um, air the shows!