A new TNG series in the works!!!

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by JonnyNoomonic, Feb 4, 2012.

1. JonnyNoomonic

JonnyNoomonic Ensign Newbie

Greetings and salutations fellow trekies, I have come up with an awesome way to revive TNG. I have spent the last couple months developing a great concept that mixes TNG with reality T.V in such a way it would appeal to every man woman and child on the planet!

This show is based on the next generation tv series. The cast of the show including would dress up as characters from the TNG series, while the cruising around in outer space as they party on the bridge. There would be strobe lights, disco lights, alcoholic beverages would be served in abundance and the music would be non-stop. The cast would get hammered on Hennesy and Cryztal while they dance and crump away in search of interstellar rap battles with alien races. The battles will be a melange of cyber, video conference and occasionally the rappers involved will be beamed to a location where the rap battles will occur.

I have taken some suggestions from the users of trekBBS to come up with an all-star cast.

[​IMG]

The show will star:
    Nicki Minaj as Troi
    2pac as picard
    Missy Elliot as Dr. Beverly Crusher
    Vanilla Ice as Riker/#2
    Eminem as Data
    Queen Latifah as Guinan
    Flava Flave as Geordi Laforge
    Snoop Dogg as Lt. Worf

Will have guest stars(as alien rap crews):
    Kid and play
    Insane Clown Posse
    Coolio
    D12
    NAS
    JaY z
    Usher
    Little wayne
    The list goes on...

I know there is a lot of controversy regarding Tupacs untimely demise. For this tv show Tupac will either need to come out of hiding or a look-a-like such as Josh Harraway will be cast as Tupac.

I'm thinking that this could possibly become the greatest show ever. I really need the support of all the wonderful, talented and loyal trekies to make this a reality and come to fruition. I know that together we can make this happen. If we can get this T.V show up and running, the entire world can once again bask in the glory and splendor of Star Trek TNG and my magical idea.

There has already been an overwhelming amount of support from the general public as well as fans of the other artists I plan to cast. It seems that a lot of people would like to see this show happen and I truly hope that TNG fans do too!

Please let me know what you guys think about this concept. Any feedback( positve or negative) would be greatly appreciated!

--
    JN

Last edited: Feb 4, 2012
  2. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Mama said if you don't have anything nice to say... not to say anything at all.

3. Sandoval

Sandoval Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Is there anything sadder than a person spending their weekend signing up and spamming a Star Trek messageboard?

I mean out of everything you could've done you chose this. How bad were the other possibilities!?

4. JonnyNoomonic

I would really love to know how this post is "not nice". This is a polite post and is not negative in any way shape or form.

Spamming? what are you talking about? I signed up here weeks ago and spent 5 minutes making this post. This post is 100% legit and in no way constitutes spam. And there is something much sadder than spam, it's Trekies that take dumps on other trekies ideas and dreams!

When i asked for feedback (positive or negative). I was asking for feedback about the concept. I wasn't really asking people for negative assumptions and judgments about the post itself.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2012
  5. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

This was in reference to my thoughts on your project. Not implying the post itself was impolite.

Any post that has Tupac playing Picard probably isn't going to be met with open arms in here, even if it's in jest.

Though the photoshop is nice, somehow missed it the first time around. :techman:

6. JonnyNoomonic

Thanks for the feedback Bill. I personally think Tupac would make a great captian, but perhaps someone else would be better for that role. :techman:

7. Tora Ziyal

Tora Ziyal Vice Admiral Admiral

The only people I can imagine it appealing to are science fiction fans of the hiphop generation.

But "reality" TV with a dead man playing a fictional character -- I love it! :lol:

8. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Remember, Tupac is caput spelled backwards.

9. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

The concepts of "Star Trek" and "Reality TV" are mutually incompatible.

Think about it.

And, Rap is a bad idea no matter what the show. I've never passed on a Star Trek show or film in my life, but the inclusion of rap music would be the ONE way to get me to.

10. BennyRussel

BennyRussel Commander Red Shirt

Right around the corner. Just across the track.
    Considering my avatar, I guess I should comment on this thread.

I think a rap battle in space could be a funny concept, but it would not have anything to do with Star Trek.

Also I do not like the idea of them getting drunk all the time.

This seems like more of a Saturday Night Live (or Chappele's Show) skit than a real series of shows.

The again, I thought "Jersey Shore" wouldn't last one year.

11. Holdfast

Holdfast Fleet Admiral Admiral

Awesome thread. :guffaw:

BTW, it's Cristal not Cryztal. Small-timers..... :p

12. Tora Ziyal

Tora Ziyal Vice Admiral Admiral

Sure wouldn't.

13. Photon

Photon Commodore Commodore

Agree w/Sand....this is pathetic.

Pls, volunteer, get a job, take up quilting, learn Mah Jong...do something a little productive.

14. Anji

Anji Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Assisting in the birth of baby Horta on Janus VI
    To quote a great man: "Say there laddie, would you care to re-phrase that???"

15. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

Cast Nicki Minaj as Data and I'm there.

16. GalaxyX

GalaxyX Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

So is this the Urban "very street smart" version of TNG?? :confused::confused:

17. JonnyNoomonic

I want to thank everyone who who left some feedback. You guys have given me a lot of great insights to take into consideration. I really appreciate your opinions! Now I'm thinking I should work the Black Eyed Peas into this concept so it can gain a higher level public approval.

Thanks again!
    --
    JN