24 Day 7: 12:00PM - 1:00PM Discussion and Spoilers

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Trekker4747, Jan 19, 2009.

?

Grade the episode

1. Jack crashes into a warehouse and kills several! (Excellent)

2 vote(s)
    8.3%
  2. Jack comes back from the dead! Twice! (Good)

13 vote(s)
    54.2%
  3. Chloe says something snarky. (Average)

6 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. Kim does something dumb. (Bad)

3 vote(s)
    12.5%
  5. Kim gets chased by Agent Cougar (Terrible)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. mr.peany

mr.peany Commodore Commodore

Are we talking a mobile (cell) phone? If so, via blue tooth or USB connection. Then set it as your ring tone.

Also, good episode. Although the lack of Chloe rattled me. Not a fan of Chloe-less episodes. The first 2 episodes were hard enough.

2. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

BTW, how freakin brazen are these conspirators? They are whacking members of President Taylor's family and they expect to get away with it? It must be some conspiracy if they can fool the FBI, the police, and the Secret Service.

3. Lindley

Lindley Moderator with a Soul Premium Member

I have a suspicion that they might be trying to get Jack all the way through today with zero kills. I'm not sure that's possible......

Also, it occurs to me that Agent Red really blew it today. Not the getting captured part----she played dead well enough when Jack "shot" her, but clearly opened her eyes with Tony around. Even if she suspects Jack is undercover, there's no reason she should trust Tony to be in on it!

Last edited: Jan 20, 2009
  4. mr.peany

mr.peany Commodore Commodore

I know its a simple thing, but they seem to be using the split screen during the episodes a little bit better so far this season. Im enjoying it.

Also, does anybody know whats going on with Mary Lynn Rajskub? Is she scheduled to appear in the remainder of the season in a recurring capacity? Or return full time?

Last edited: Jan 20, 2009
  5. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Have to give this episode a poor. Everything good was seriously diminished by two of the standard 24 cliches -- 1) the person who puts personal feelings above actually doing the damn job to, you know, stop terrorism; and 2) the idiotic bureaucrat who comes in to bring everything to a grinding halt for his own investigation even if it means, you know, interfering with stopping terrorism. Maybe "attorney general" guy also works for "Global Amnesty."

These writers need to come up with something better.

What's next? Someone can't do his job to find the terrorists because he has to help his son whose car broke down, and he's a pizza delivery man so if he doesn't deliver it in 30 minutes the $13.99 comes out of his own pocket?

And why are they always so hellbent on acting right away? Why can't the troops withdraw, they find the MacGuffin and then the troops go back in? This is like when they absolutely had to nuke the unnamed countries right away for no reason whatsoever, requiring the ousting of the president in the process.

Didn't they show him to be a bad guy in Redemption? Plus that was the same apartment where friend-of-first-son was killed, so putting 2 and 2 together....

6. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Quick question... Where exactly was Walker shot? Did she get part of her ear blown off or something?

7. Garak

Garak Cruisin' Premium Member

I'm pretty sure it was a freckle.

8. LutherSloan

LutherSloan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It was a grazing/flesh wound.

9. Agent Richard07

^ But where? If it wasn't her ear, it would have to have been the side of her face or her neck. I suppose he could have shot the side of her head behind her temple, but I can't imagine him being good enough to know exactly where it is through all that hair. Then again, it IS 24...

By the way Garak, I love that Nip/Tuck avatar.

10. Aragorn

Methos must have really bad eyesight if he doesn't notice that there wasn't any blood splatter or brain matter. Besides, even if Jack had shot her, Tony of all people knows that a bullet into the neck is merely a flesh wound.

11. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Average

This episode felt like many of the recurring themes 24 has endured the last few seasons. Someone coming in to stop everything, a threat, and it just feels very old. Also, I'm really getting tired of the "Torture is bad" motif so far. It's only 5 episodes old and that is getting really annoying. There were some good stuff though, such as Jack and Renee, the Silent Clock, and the scene at the beginning with the prime minister but other than that, it was a pretty weak hour.

12. Aragorn

I was half-expecting the attorney general guy to say, "It doesn't matter how many people the terrorists kill; this is more important!" Why do the writers insist on reusing these type of generic one-dimensional characters over and over again to be an illogical and irritating plot stopper?

13. paudemge

paudemge Captain Captain

I don't think he shot her, just blew her eardrum open.
    I also think she will end paying for Jacks sins,by getting the book thrown at her for tortrure.

14. Agent Richard07

^ There was blood.

15. Garak

Garak Cruisin' Premium Member

Thanks! Best show evar!

16. McCoy

McCoy Commodore Commodore

Am I the only one who doesn't like Walker? Maybe if the actress were better. I feel like I can actually see her acting. Takes me out of the scene. And going from gung-ho anti-torturer to Clonette of Bauer just isn't realistic. Not even for 24. And that's saying a lot.

17. Aragorn

She's not quite Jack Bauer II yet. It takes her 15 minutes to get somewhere instead of 10.

18. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

Just think if this were in LA......

19. Lindley

Lindley Moderator with a Soul Premium Member

Apparently CTU never shared its wormhole technology with the FBI.

20. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

D.C. is still struggling to get their wormholes up and working. They've had some set backs over the last 13 years or so. ;)