X-MEN: FIRST CLASS - Grading+Discussion **SPOILERS!**

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by StarTrek1701, May 31, 2011.

?

How Much Did You Enjoy X-MEN: FIRST CLASS?

Poll closed Oct 28, 2011.
  1. A+ (Great Movie!)

73 vote(s)
    35.6%
  2. A (Entertained a lot!)

93 vote(s)
    45.4%
  3. B (Was okay, not bad)

30 vote(s)
    14.6%
  4. C (Below expectations)

6 vote(s)
    2.9%
  5. D (Very bad)

2 vote(s)
    1.0%
  6. F (Intolerable, want money back)

1 vote(s)
    0.5%
  1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ That is correct sir.

2. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

barakapool aside, i actually like it.

3. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I'd rather watch Origins than The Last Stand. If they took out Barakapool (or at least never referenced him as being Deadpool), and got rid of the needlessly convoluted betrayal storyline, and had done a better job of maintaining continuity (going by the timeline established in the first movie, Cyclops was way too old for 1979), I wouldn't mind it as much. I thought Jackman did a good job as Logan, as always, and Liev Schreiber's Victor Creed was pretty good, too.

4. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

So, basically, if it was a completely different movie it'd be okay? :p

Didn't they refer to Reynold's character as a "dead pool" (as in taking the powers from other mutants who had died) as a way to reference the name, but not directly calling him that?

5. Admiral_Young

IIRC the leaked "Deadpool" script dealt with the "Deadpool" situation in the first few pages of the film, forgot how exactly it was dealt with though.

6. KB24

KB24 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Re the sequel

yeeeeeeesssssssssssssssss!!!!!

All the trouble with the title, writers, new villains, mutants, and plotlines can wait. For now, let me bask in the glow....

yessssssss!!!!!!!

Will we get a new thread now? :)

7. Skywalker

I once found a fan edit that excised any references to Weapon XI being Deadpool, and trimmed the betrayal part (she still betrays him, of course, but the fan editor made it more straightforward). It still wasn't the greatest movie ever, but I thought it was more tolerable.

8. Admiral_Young

Remember that Singer has been on record as saying as far as new characters are concerned we would get at least one new mutant character. This could change of course. It's going to be interesting to see where they take Magneto's character.I always got the impression in "X-Men" for some reason the X-Men hadn't faced Erik for a while...not sure why I felt that way. We could see him start to form the Brotherhood. I still really love the magic bullet plot that Vaughn pitched to start the film with. Personally I don't think they're going to add too many more characters in the sequel. They've enough already.

9. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

well if it really had to be one character to introduce, its got to be Scott right? Or the next Big Bad like say Nathaniel Essex perhaps? Actually, there's a character I think Daniel Craig could sink his teeth into.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2012
  10. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

^ Scott would be too young, if they're retaining the 60s setting.

11. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

since it was a requel, anything's possible.

i think there was one reference to 'deadpool' and repeated references to Weapon XI. so i simply say he's Weapon XI and ignore the line about 'Stryker finally figured out how to shut you up'.

and the leaked script didn't offer any explanations; it simply had a scene cut into another with a Barakapool figure with Wade's VO saying something about 'the worst day of my life' and it cuts to him talking about Wham! breaking up.

12. Admiral_Young

A lot of fans seem to want Sinister.

13. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well only to setup En Sabah Nur like he seems to do everywhere else.

14. Admiral_Young

Yeah...X4 is still not dead on it. I would save Sinister for that if they still are thinking about doing a sequel.

15. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Probably shouldn't start one till a shooting script is turned in and/or casting has begun. Anything else would be premature and we might find out a delay has occured.

16. Admiral_Young

That'd probably be in a couple of months...end of Spring early summer in my estimation. When was the news thread created? Didn't JacksonArcher create it?

17. Skywalker

Sinister is being saved for X4, where it'll be revealed that the Jean Grey in TLS was really just a defective clone (ala Madelyne Pryor) created by Sinister. The unstable clone teleported Cyclops to Sinister's hideout, where Jean has been in captivity, and Sinister is attempting to use Scott and Jean to create a mutant powerful enough to destroy Apocalypse. It all makes sense! :p

18. Admiral_Young

^ Ooooh I would mark out big time if that happened to be the case! LOL

19. suarezguy

suarezguy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I really felt "First Class" felt more like a reboot, aside from the appearances of Mystique and Xavier's mansion and wheelchair; the biggest discrepancies were Magneto gaining his helmet so early (and Xavier knowing about its power) and Mystique apparently not having such a traumatic childhood and bitter attitude (although it would be interesting to see what embittered her, including against Xavier, in sequels).
    It would be cool to see Schreiber as Sabertooth in a third movie meet Magneto and somehow morph into the Mane version.

20. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

Uhm... The Last Stand is a better movie than First Class. *ducks*