List Only! Last Star Trek Episode You Watched

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Kes2370, Jul 10, 2011.

1. KirkPicard

KirkPicard Captain Captain

"Requiem for Methuselah"

2. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

"Amok Time" this morning.

3. ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Not an episode but...

Star Trek V The Final Frontier Blu ray with the audio commentary on.

Best I think I've ever seen it. Film grading and contrast level. Nothing can really make the model shots ILM quality but it looks as good as it ever will.

Learned a lot of stuff from the Okudas, Reeves-Stevenses & Dochterman.

The chemistry between these actors takes some beating, even if Shatner made the supporting players look like idiots once or twice. No questioning his ability to pull off a cinematic vision though. Sweeping panoramas. Some good action scenes. One of Jerry Goldsmith's best. Just needed FX with a higher level of detail and the originally planned ending with the hoardes of molten rockmen.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2011
  4. Anji

Anji Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Assisting in the birth of baby Horta on Janus VI
    I watched "The Tholian Web" at dinner tonight. I love this episode because the entire cast has a part!

5. Smellincoffee

Smellincoffee Commodore Commodore

Halfway through DS9's "Hard Time".

6. HaventGotALife

HaventGotALife Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

One of my favorites. It's a classic sci-fi storyline with installed memories. It covers a lot of philosophical ground and a little psychology (this is what it's like to have delusions/hallucinations). While I tired of O'Brien's sharp tone over everything, the ending is great. It adds another wrinkle to Bashir/O'Brien's relationship (the friendship has a purpose). Like I said, one of my favorites.

7. HaventGotALife

I'm watching the first season of Enterprise. I just finished Vox Sola. This is the vein I wanted Star Trek to go--seeking out new life, consequences to it, etc--but the ending was anti-climatic. Communicating with the creature is just plugging in formulas to the UT and as soon as we communicate, it lets our people go. We never know what is said. We never develop any feelings of compassion for the creature. I didn't like that the characters were aware of the words of Zephram Cochrane. Would you pontificate on that if you were connected to a creature like this? Like much of Enterprise, it's a very basic story. There's not a complex plot to watch here. I have no idea why we are watching Water Polo (it could've been about Trip and Archer's friendship with each other but it doesn't make it there) or why, in the middle of the crisis, we have T'Pol and Hoshi snipping at each other. It doesn't fit within the story of the show. Like most of Enterprise, it's just filler. Useless and boring charcter moments that show why this version is so bland. Meanwhile, we see very little of the doctor. I am interested in the patient in sickbay. This is how to establish a dialogue or an understanding of the creature. We don't get anything out of this except another forced moment when Star Trek stands on its morals about how to treat life. I was impressed with the first 9 episodes or so of this show. But my opinion is fastly becoming worse and worse. There are a lot of wasted moments. One of the worst was Oasis. We spent ten minutes, a fourth of the episode, just talking about a haunted ship. They said "Oh, it's haunted!" about ten or fifteen times. Whether it's seeing someone's shadow or talking about how the ship hadn't been stripped of its ore, or the music (how annoying!). I figured out they were holograms--no kidding--15 minutes before it was revealed in the show. The dialogue is stupid. The characters act stupidly. And the big character moment with Trip and T'Pol--Vulcans don't become afraid. After Fusion, this is a stupid moment.

Don't watch Enterprise. That's the moral of the story. It's not worth it. It's stupid Star Trek.

8. pajamahead

pajamahead Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Voyager: Phage. Right before that Enterprise: Unexpected. Currently watching those series from start to finish. Well, I watched season 4 of Ent first. Oddly I am enjoying Ent a lot more then when I first watched it. Was I too hard on it when i first watched it?

9. kirsten187

kirsten187 Napoleonic Power Monger Admiral

His Way from season 6 of DS9

10. DeepSpaceWine

DeepSpaceWine Commander Red Shirt

Chronologically: TNG "Schisms"
    Last new episode watched: ENT "Demons"

11. Caesar753

Caesar753 Commander Red Shirt

Watched "The Galileo Seven" last night.

12. kirsten187

The Tholian Web

13. Ghrakh

Ghrakh Captain Captain

14. Doom Shepherd

Doom Shepherd Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Just yesterday, I watched "The Man Trap" when I tested out my Netflix app on my new iPod.

I really wish they'd stream the remastered episodes, too.

15. kirsten187

Emissary

16. wahwahkits

wahwahkits Commander Red Shirt

England, somewhere between Liverpool and Chester
    We'll Always Have Paris

17. mr.peany

mr.peany Commodore Commodore

ENT - Storm Front, Part I

18. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

ENT- "Terra Prime". Great episode of Trek. What the finale for Enterprise should have been.

19. HaventGotALife

I'm in the middle of Carbon Creek right now. Good episode so far.

20. NickInABox

NickInABox Captain Captain

Mirror, Mirror

Favorite <3