Star Trek London - All 5 captains to be there!

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by The Janitor, Apr 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Admiral Bear

Admiral Bear Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Gates McFadden announced for LFCC, so she's a big hitter who won't be at DSTL.

London's looking pretty grim. Around forums, I see people saying the prices are far too high, and the guests so far are poor value for the money. A lot of fans seem generally unmoved by the whole thing. Yet Joiner was shooting his mouth off at Klepto saying that he's already sold "thousands" of tickets.

Now where's that huge pinch of salt? . . .

2. Admiral Bear

Denise Crosby and John de Lancie announced. This is a bit more like it.

3. Admiral Bear

4. danellis

danellis Captain Captain

Sorry, for those new to the thread: how does this connect to DSTL?

dJE

5. Cakemonster

Cakemonster Ensign Red Shirt

He did a Voyager group shot back in May, so people are referencing that to DSTL as to which guests are unlikely to attend now as they've been over to the UK already.
    Other than that no reason really :)

6. Admiral Bear

Purely as a public service, I posted the link, Danellis. The Greatest Show in the Galaxy was plugged a couple of times on the main Trektoday news page. From what I can gather, quite a few people who went to the event are owed money for ticket refunds for cancelled guests and photoshoots they missed on the Saturday due to the entrance queue debacle.

7. danellis

danellis Captain Captain

Thanks, AB, I only asked for fear it was one of the companies involved in this.

dJE

8. nacelle

nacelle Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

9. Admiral Bear

This smacks of pay through the nose for everything, get not very much. People who've bought gold tickets are now being told which night they'll be allowed in to a party. It's incomprehensible to me that this kind of information was accidentally witheld from people when the tickets went on sale.

This event is making Creation look organised. Reading though the FAQ thread on the Shamasters forum, it's become very obvious that neither Joiner nor his cohorts have the faintest idea of what they're doing. People are rightly very upset about a lot of things which are now being revealed, along with all the misinformation and untruths they seem to have been fed by Joiner's attack dogs. And on top of all this, Joiner seems on the verge of having another meltdown.

i do think there is one or two people going on about all sorts of thing to see if they can try to catch some of the mods out then hang them when things are not 100% what they think they are and there is also one or two people that are not telling the truth one what has been said , at the end of the day if you want a 100% answer about something then yes you will have to email us , if you want a general response then come on here and ask and you will get told what thy know to the best of there nonage, at the end of the day on the official web page its says and has always said that gold passes will get a ticket to the main party that thats not changed .

jason

Learn to write in coherent English, you fool. You're supposed to be at least trying to make yourself look professional and reputable.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
  10. Sagart

Sagart Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

To the best of my knowledge, Mr Joiner is dyslexic. This doesn't make him a fool. I think any criticisms should be kept on a professional level, not a personal one.

11. Rarewolf

Rarewolf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yes he is dyslexic. But you'd think a proffesional person, trying to get important points across would see the value of having things proof read, or use a spellchecker.

First impressions and all that.

12. Admiral Bear

I doubt even the world's most intuitive spell checker could help that idiot with "nonage". It's only due to years of having to use an Enigma code breaker to decipher his rot that I have any idea what he's babbling about.

13. Admiral Bear

Proffesional is spelt professional. . . .;)

14. Admiral Bear

15. Rarewolf

Lucky I'm neither then :D

Casey Biggs in Cardassian costume and makeup photoshoot, Marc Alaimo and Martha Hackett added

16. Admiral Bear

I know Marc Alaimo's very hard to get, and Casey's costume shoot is good enough, but this is just adding to the supporting cast guest list. Where are the main cast members FFS?

This event, the captains aside, is looking pretty thin considering the outrageous ticket prices which seem to be buying you less and less as the days pass, and that all the extras are reeking of Tom Cruise screaming show me the money!

I get the distinct impression the main tickets aren't selling.

17. Admiral Bear

Looks like there's only one 5 captains talk over the three days, and it's being held on the Friday. Joiner really hasn't learnt anything from history. Hardly anyone will be there on the Friday. In late October, most people simply can't get the time off work. Creation never had more than about 100 people turn up on the Friday of its UK cons.

There will of course be extra paid 5 captains talks announced for Saturday and Sunday that people who've already bought gold tickets and who wern't there on the Friday, will have to shell out for. Mark my words.

SHOW ME THE MONEY!

Last edited: Jun 24, 2012
  18. Admiral Bear

Alice Krige announced. :borg

Don't know any half regular event attendees who've not met her at least a few times. Bit emergency filler material.

19. Rarewolf

Nana and Rene were on the latest flyers handed out at the LFCC.

20. Admiral Bear

From what I've heard, some punters are starting to suffer severe squeaky bum time over this event, especially the ones who've paid up front. After the LFCC debacle at the weekend, people there were questioning if Joiner's even capable of running DSTL with all the content he's "promised".

I know some people are starting to doubt the event will go ahead for a myriad of reasons.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.