WWE - The Undertaker to Retire in 2010

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Hermiod, Apr 17, 2009.

1. Cky

Cky Captain Captain

No I don't watch ECW anymore actually. There's a variety of reasons why I'm not anymore. One of the major aspects is that I was a major ECW fan back in the day (the original ECW, and not the watered down version that's now on TV).

I mean, I know it's the whole "letting go of the past" aspect, but I don't want to watch a complete twat with the ECW Championship, on top of the fact that everything that I even liked about the ECW is now gone, the last straw for me is when they moved Joey Styles away, and then changed the ECW World Title in to that disgusting belt. Sure they may have more wrestling now, and I did catch a bit of Christians return (and already I think he's being dramatically underused).

I mean for god sake, they make Tommy Dreamer job pratically every week, the very last thing that's original in ECW. (Although, Dreamer always had a past in ECW of getting people over, so for all I know he could have requested it).

You know, I would actually watch ECW if they changed the name, there's nothing Extreme in Extreme Championship Wrestling.

2. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

That "complete twat" is Jack Swagger who is quite possibly the best young wrestler to come through WWE or anyone else's doors since Brock Lesnar.

Dreamer doesn't job every week, but as he quite rightly is putting younger talent over. There is no point in having someone like Dreamer win every week when he's in the last year of his wrestling contract, he was semi-retired anyway and most importantly - he wants to put the younger talent over.

3. Cky

Cky Captain Captain

I guessed he would want to put the other wrestlers over, and I'll admit he's a good wrestler. I saw his match againts Christian and it wasn't bad. But as soon as he picks up a microphone I cringe. But like I said, I don't watch ECW for namesake now.

I just watched the WWE Draft, and I know Vince wants to bring the hispanic crowds back to Smackdown, and RAW the main show. But christ, talk about bringing most of the main talent of RAW from Smackdown. Smackdown got all of one "great" superstar in the form of Rey Mysterio, but RAW got most of Smackdowns top talent.

4. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

^That's because the move to MyNetwork TV has not been a success. They loaded up Smackdown, sending two of their biggest fan favourites over (Triple H and Jeff Hardy) plus their best announcer (JR) and it didn't work, so Raw is getting the top guys now.

Lesnar wasn't much of a talker either, that's what managers are for.

5. Cky

Cky Captain Captain

Nor was Bret Hart, but he still learnt.

And yeah I noticed that, but still, I actually watched Smackdown because it was more interesting than Raw (and it didn't have Cena).

6. RaymondJames

RaymondJames Captain Captain

His last match should be a Hell in the cell match:devil: