Guess which new show will be canceled first?

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by bigdaddy, Sep 26, 2013.

1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Episode 3 of Hostages was much better, but that doesn't get them back the rats that have already fled.

2. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

I kind of like "We Are Men." Tony Shalhoub" is pretty good on the show, heck they all are pretty funny. Well, maybe not the guy doing the narration, but the other three make up for it.

3. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

I hate the way men are in sitcoms.

They're always these dumb helpless infants. I suppose it's not worse than the 50s where the women were the helpless ones, but it's the exact same distance from where it should be, only in the opposite direction.

It's like just because Tim Allen did it ironically, every other sitcom thinks it's a good idea to do it completely seriously.

4. Guy Gardener

Without broken people, you don't have comedy or drama.

How is "Thriller" a genre?

5. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Well we have gotten a little better. For years, mainly CBS but others too, had the "dumb fat husband, really hot wife who yells at him" sitcoms like King of Queens and According to Jim.

6. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

I've not sampled much new fare this season.

After last nights SHIELD I left it on for The Goldbergs and it felt like one part That 70's Show meets Family Ties. I'd say I left with a modest impression of it and would try it again.

People I know say I need to try Sleepy Hollow and I intend to. Would read through the thread here but know it's likely spoiler heavy. Is the broad strokes here that SH is worth checking out?

7. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

I was one of those who really didn't intend on watching it but my wife wanted to so I watched it with her. I was very pleasantly surprised and I am liking it quite a bit. I think it's definitely worth checking out.

8. bigdaddy

Sleepy Hollow is great fun and has already been renewed for a second season.

It's like a more historical Supernatural with even more craziness.

9. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

I'll take the opposite stance here and say that although I will be continuing with Sleepy Hollow for now, I'm not loving it so far. It's alright but just missing that something extra that would really draw me in and make me want to watch. It's on my DVR right now but I don't really feel like watching it.

10. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

11. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

Not surprised. I took it off my DVR when I saw the ratings

12. bigdaddy

And Mike and Molly returns.

CBS is in a disastrous place right now, I think the cards are starting to fall.

13. Gary Mitchell

Gary Mitchell Fleet Admiral Admiral

14. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

So odd to have Agents of SHIELD as the lead in, though.

15. bigdaddy

Yeah I don't understand the whole set up with SHIELD, comedies and a lottery "drama".

16. Guy Gardener

3 minutes into the 2nd episode of Super Fun Night...

Kimmy the lawyer at work says "I've prepared a report highlighting our successes with tech companies... Oh no, sorry, that's my Pretty little liars Fan fiction... I make them all fat and ugly."

:)

Maybe this one should be allowed to live?

17. bigdaddy

No. No. Never.

Next up should be Betrayal or Hostages but both might stick around for awhile because neither station has anything to fill in for November sweeps.

So The Millers, Mom, Super Fun Night should all be dead soon.

18. Guy Gardener

Line from Allison Janey in Mom last week... "I want my grand daughter back by 11 pm with her hymen intact... **(crazy eyes)** ...I'm kidding! You've already knocked her up, so you can do whatever you want to her body."

They all have a good lines here and there but... Where is something epic like Arrested Development?

19. bigdaddy

I'm not a huge fan of Arrested Development, I like it fine, but think it's overrated. However you bring up a great point, all the sitcoms this year are just blah, there is nothing special or a stand out. And there are a ton of new sitcoms (I refuse to call them comedies when they are rarely funny) and nothing that makes me go wow. My favorite comedy last year probably was Raising Hope.

20. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah I would say that the past few years the sitcoms had slowly started to be worthwhile again, but this year in particular there is not one that is good. Unfortunately it doesn't look like there were many new dramas that are good either....

Though, I have to say that I watched this week's episode of The Blacklist and I am really enjoying it. I was on the fence after the pilot but as usual, the third episode is the one that really makes or breaks it for me. And I thought it was highly entertaining.