Avengers 2 News, Rumors, Etc. Pictures until release...

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Flying Spaghetti Monster, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

So I guess just like "Emma Frost" became "Emma, Kayla's sister who isn't Emma Frost", the guy who was supposed to be Pietro in X-Men Origins: Wolverine will become "that guy who we thought was Pietro but really wasn't"? Or are the Fox and Disney versions of the character simply destined to be different ages?

2. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

3. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

Emphasis on rumor, but it would be a shame. His comments aren't wrong, but there's not a lot to do with the character. Really, his interactions with Natasha Romanov were the only interesting parts for him in The Avengers.

4. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't think I'd be overly sad to see him go. He was pretty cool in his appearances, but there are plenty of other interesting character already in the movies, and plenty of potential interesting characters in the comics.

5. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

I think the only irreplaceable characters at the moment for Avengers 2 is Iron Man, Cap, Hulk and Thor.

While I don't want to see it happen, Widow and Hawkeye can easily be replaced by new members.

Also Fury can be replaced with Agent Hill as director, if Jackson plays hardball.

They really should try to get everyone back for Avengers 2. Avengers 3 can get any almost entirely new team as long as they have Cap or Iron Man.

6. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

I really missed the old Cap/Hawkeye rivalry/friendship in the movie, but they made Stark the wisecracker to Cap's straight man, so Hawkeye didn't have a lot to do character-wise.

7. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

KM MAD! KM SMASH! :scream: :scream: :scream: Don't touch my Hawkeye. :(

ETA- I don't understand all the hate for Renner I've been seeing on various boards. He wasn't whining about his part in the Avengers- he simply said the part he played was not the part he signed on for. He later said he looked forward to reprising the role. In any case, his agent and PR people need to squash this rumor ASAP.

8. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

Thank you. I hate it when people refer to Irish actors as British.

9. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

10. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

Well it appears there's a story out there saying Jeremy Renner will remain on board and rumors of his firing were greatly exaggerated. I'll believe it when it's officially confirmed by Marvel and not by "insiders" or "secret sources."

But I do hope it turns out to be true, as I'd hate to lose him now, just hope that he gets a better story for the sequel.

11. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Has Avengers 2, by way of X:Men Days of Future Past, found it's Quicksilver?

Last edited: May 23, 2013
  12. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Fox if clearly doing this just to do this. Quicksilver plays no role in DOFP of merit.

13. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

^I guess if they're doing the past, present and future versions of Magneto (and Xavier) in the movie, it'd make sense to show some aspects of his life. I think seeing his children would be an obvious one I suppose.
    So therefore wondering if Scarlet Witch will be in this too...

14. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Interesting development. It would be very cool if the same actor appears in both films even if there's no reference to the other film.

15. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

The universes are too different. the X-men and mutants clearly don't exist in the MCU and the reverse is even more obvious.

16. Skellington

Skellington Part-time poltergeist Rear Admiral

I hope they go with separate origins and different actors, because it might be an interesting experiment to have alternate versions of these characters a year apart.

Now, what about the Beast for Avengers 3?

17. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

Yeah, I agree with this. I think it's a mistake to muddle the message of DOFP with the world of the Avengers (even though DOFP itself is forced to do this and mention that Captain America et al. were also all killed, the movie shouldn't have to go down that road).

18. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

19. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

He has the snarky contempt look down pat so thats a plus. Hope he looks good with white hair.

20. superdeluxe

superdeluxe Captain Captain