Marvel All New, All Different - Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, May 30, 2010.

1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

2. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

Re: Marvel Now/ReEvolution Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

What a surprise. :rolleyes:

3. Admiral_Young

Haha. That's pretty much how I reacted as well. I'm kind of excited about the "sequel" to the Dark Angel Saga though.

4. Hound of UIster

I wonder if Remender is aware that Kang and Apocalypse's relationship was established in Rise of Apocalypse.

5. safarial

safarial Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I'm enjoying All New X men, issue 4 looks like it will be amazing.

6. Admiral_Young

Not sure if anyone here has been following the Amazing Spider-Man #700 or Superior Spider-Man #1 spoiler debacle but both appeared online. The last two or three pages of 700 were posted a few days ago, the leak apparently originated from a comic store in New York. The last page of Superior Spider-Man #1 was posted as well I think on 4Chan or some place like that. Fans who've read the spoilers have been freaking out...as Slott predicted and yes have even tweeted death threats. He's been prepared for this for some time as I've mentioned in the thread before.

I read the spoilers and am quite fascinated where this is going. I'm sure for the majority of Spider-Man fans they'll going to bail and there will be a backlash but I'll be sticking with Superior.

7. Mike Farley

Mike Farley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Just Gooogled the spoiler. Didn't we already know this?

8. Admiral_Young

That's why the fan reaction kind of baffles me. I guess people were expecting some kind of swerve or misdirection by Slott. I was doing some reading and apparently there is a back door plot device built into the issue, I'm not sure what it was though, and won't until I actually read the issue in a couple weeks.

9. Hound of UIster

Some people are just dumb.

10. Admiral_Young

That...or they weren't reading the comic at all, and just picked it up out of context and are reacting accordingly.

11. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

like i said, it doesn't really matter what changes they make to Spider Man/Parker. the really for reals Spider Man/Parker will be back in time for Amazing Spidey 2.

12. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

It's genuinely not possible for the leaks to have come from a comic shop; no comic shop will receive the book until tomorrow. (It doesn't go on sale until the 26th, however.)

I think the leak either came from Marvel directly or from someone connected to Marvel, probably for guerrilla/viral marketing reasons.

Also, I'm willing to entertain the possibility that this is giant fake-out and that what's leaked has no relation to what we'll see next week. I don't think this is likely, but I won't dismiss it as a possibility until I actually have the book in hand.

13. Hound of UIster

It's possible that someone received the books early.

The specific forum where this came from has been posting earlybird scans of entire books.

14. Admiral_Young

Why would Marvel do this even for viral reasons? They've been on their high horse about spoilers regarding "Dying Wish" since before it even came out? That would piss a lot of fans off given the way that Wacker and Slott have been trolling various sites and telling people oh avoid spoilers avoid spoilers, and then it turns out they might be responsible? That doesn't make sense me. This seems like it was just some guy in a shop that got mad and maybe posted it.

Also Praetor Shinzon this is an actual unfolding story arc...like I said there supposedly is a back door plot in 700, so yes I agree that it will be "undone" (most likely before 2 comes out in 2014) but this isn't like "One More Day" or "One Moment in Time" where those were one shot stories that changed the status quo and had long lasting ramifications (that are still being upheld now it would seem). The change in "Dying Wish" is part of an over reaching arc. That's the difference between the two stories to me, and why I don't really have a problem with it and think it's fascinating.

15. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

It will be from the printers - this stuff is already done because of christmas.

16. Admiral_Young

That explains 700...it doesn't explain Superior Spider-Man #1 though which was posted over a month before it's release (granted only the last page).

17. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

it doesn't really matter how the story unfolds. it will be swept away in a year or so. people will remember it like they do blue electric Superman.

18. JoeZhang

Eh?? where is superior Spider-man 1 leaked? what does that last page say?

19. JoeZhang

It's interesting to me how Steve Wacker is running around telling people this forever and Parker fans will 'fade away' - that is some top-class trolling. :techman:

20. Hound of UIster

/co/

It's told from a first person narrative. Dr. Octopus in possession of Peter's body decides to run away after getting the shit beaten out of him by a bunch of B-list villains