Weyoun Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by RXTT, May 29, 2013.

1. RXTT

RXTT Lieutenant Red Shirt

For my money, Weyoun was the single most hilariously smarmy character ever in science fiction. All praise to Jeffrey Combs for creating such a massively entertaining character.

Weyoun excelled at taking in information, processing it, and then responding in a manner which, taken at face value, was submissive and appeasing, but subtextually calculated and disguising his true feelings.

Whether it was his manner of dripping with subservience, "The Founders are wise in all things," or his wisdom in understanding his place in the greater scheme of the dominion, he ruled all.

Odo: Has it ever occurred to you that the reason you believe the Founders are gods is because that's what they want you to believe? That they built it into your genetic code?
    Weyoun 6: Of course they did. That's what gods do. After all, why be a god if there's no one to worship you?

Toward the later seasons his interactions whit Dukat and then Damar were always awesome.

Gul Dukat: War is such thirsty work. Don't you agree?
    Weyoun: Perhaps if you didn't talk so much, your throat wouldn't get so dry.

DS9 had so many amazing secondary characters, but Weyoun is my favorite.

Weyoun: Pah-wraiths and Prophets. All this talk of gods strikes me as nothing more than superstitious nonsense.
    Damar: You believe that the Founders are gods, don't you?
    Weyoun: That's different.
    Damar: [laughs] In what way?
    Weyoun: The Founders *are* gods.

2. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

"Well, hello! (guffaws)"
    "I'm glad to see you find the death of my predecessor so amusing."
    "Oh, you misjudge me. I miss him deeply. Here, let's drink to Weyoun 7!"
    - Damar and Weyoun 8

"Have they agreed to cooperate?"
    "No... maybe you should talk to Worf again! (laughs)"
    - Weyoun 8 and Damar

3. RXTT

love your sig! ha!

4. eskyliz

eskyliz Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I've actually started calling my cat Weyoun because of his meow. :p

5. Shanndee

Shanndee Commodore Commodore

It's no secret that I am a fan of Weyoun! I loved this scene:

Omet'iklan: I am First Omet'iklan, and I am dead. As of this moment, we are all dead. We go into battle to reclaim our lives. This we do gladly, for we are Jem'Hadar. Remember: victory is life.

Jem'Hadar: Victory is life!

Weyoun: Such a delightful people.

(of course...it's probably O'Brien's motivational speech in response to the above that made the scene!)

6. LiLiKitty

LiLiKitty Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

The definition of "unctuous" should have Weyoun's picture next to it. Wiktionary has it as "profusely polite, especially unpleasantly so and insincerely earnest." Although he was sincere in his belief in the Founders.

His limitations, I think, are what makes him so fascinating. For example, his absolute inability to understand why Damar would turn against them. It's as though Weyoun is incapable of reflection. But then, the defective Weyoun 6 was reflective. Perhaps that's what was the root of his defect.

7. Captain Kathryn

Captain Kathryn Commodore Commodore

Which Weyoun?!?!?!?!
    :lol:

But yes, I think Weyoun was delightfully evil and sardonic. I always enjoyed when he was in a scene. :bolian:

8. doctorfoto

doctorfoto Commodore Commodore

He honored us with his presence.

9. Vulcan Logician

Vulcan Logician Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Yes, good job on Combs part. He contributed a great deal to DS9 (like Brunt) and also to enterprise. Weyoun was my all time top favorite Trek villain. His servile nature is even eclipsed allowing some humanity to show through in the episode "In the Cards". Classic character!

10. RXTT

HA!!! Exactly!!

11. RXTT

There was never a Trek "baddie" that was more frightening without actually physically threatening anyone! Weyoun was the ultimate politician.

12. Ryva Brall

Ryva Brall Commander Red Shirt

[​IMG]

Seriously though, I love Weyoun. All of the Weyouns. He's one of my favorite recurring characters in all of Trekdom.

13. Captain Picard.

Captain Picard. Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Best scene of him was when Garak killed him and the founder said "that was his last clone!" and Garak says "I was hoping you would say that!"

14. R. Star

I dunno, I was always let down that Garak was the one to kill Weyoun's last clone. There really was never any personal animosity between the two beyond them being on opposite sides. Kira, Odo, Damar all had backstory with Weyoun and seems to me it would've been more... would fulfilling be the word... if they shot him instead. Though yeah... taunting a man with a gun about the mass execution of their race is a bad call. ;)

15. Shanndee

^ Yeah, if Weyoun had to be truly killed, I always thought it should have been Damar, seeing as they had a confrontational history and Damar chose to fight with the Federation in the end).

However, I choose to cling to the belief that some Weyoun DNA is still in existence somewhere and the cloning process can begin again! (I think that happened in one of the books didn't it?)

16. R. Star

In the DS9 relaunch books Odo of all people has a new Weyoun clone working for him. He explains the main Dominion had his DNA profile on file even after the Alpha Quadrant Dominion's cloning facility was destroyed. Odo briefly hints that he tried manufacturing this new Weyoun to recreate the "flawed" Weyoun in Faith, Treachery and the Great River.

17. Sigokat

Sigokat Commander Red Shirt

Good thread! I've stated before that I didn't care for Weyoun at first, but he quickly grew on me (thanks to Combs amazing performance) and he has become probably by all time favorite Trek character...NOT just Trek villain!! :)

18. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

Kai Weyoun I believe.

Although is it really surprising that Combs Weyoun keeps getting...REANIMATED?

19. Shanndee

Ba-dum-Ba , <crash of a symbol>

"He'll be here all week folks!" :)

You had to go there didn't you...LOL.

20. _C_

_C_ Commander Red Shirt

Oh, you just had to ratchet it up didn't you?

[​IMG]

For anyone who doesn't know, Combs voices Ratchet on "Transformers Prime" and now I want to see Weyoun drive him in vehicle mode!