Supergirl Animated Movie

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

2. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Neat!

Although it's not really a Supergirl movie, it's a Superman movie with Supergirl playing a prominent role.

3. Admiral_Young

Yep...my bad, for some reason I read this as a Supergirl movie. Superman: Brainiac was maybe the most poignant part of Geoff Johns Superman run and certainly the most emotional apex of his run since it deals with the death of Jonathan Kent. Should be interesting to see how they adapt it.

4. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Darn, I was hoping it would be a Supergirl movie as well.

Be interesting to see if they go for a similar Superman design as in the comic though...

5. Admiral_Young

Would be awesome to get animated Gary Frank art work :)

6. Gojira

Gojira Commodore Commodore

This is awesome. I'd love a good Supergirl animated movie.

7. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

So now three Castle cast members will have done DC stuff. Nathan Fillion has been Steve Trevor and Hal Jordan (twice), and Stana Katic was Talia in Arkham City. I like Quinn on Castle, so it'll be interesting to see her Supergirl.

8. Christopher

Four. Before any of those, Susan Sullivan was Queen Hippolyta on Justice League/Justice League Unlimited (and also has a Marvel connection, having played Bill Bixby's love interest in the pilot of The Incredible Hulk).

And you can throw in some recurring Castle guest stars: DC Animated Universe veterans include Dana Delany (Lois Lane and Andrea Beaumont), Michael Dorn (Steel and Kalibak), Phil LaMarr (Green Lantern, a different Steel, and others), and Robert Picardo (Amazo). Dan Castellaneta (who appeared as a judge a couple of times on Castle) was the Ventriloquist/Scarface on The Batman. And currently, Michael Trucco and Adrian Pasdar play unrelated characters named Strange (Adam and Hugo, respectively) on Young Justice.

9. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I knew about Dorn, and Delany but none of the rest of those people.

10. drychlick

drychlick Captain Captain

so what is the 3 movie out next year? we the 1st will the dark knight returns! 2 will be this movie and number 3? does any 1 know for sure! please write thanks!:)

11. Admiral_Young

"The Dark Knight Returns Part I", "The Dark Knight Returns Part II", "Superman: Brainiac" (or whatever they call this), and "Flashpoint".

12. Christopher

I hope they don't call it that, since that's unfortunately reminiscent of Superman: Brainiac Attacks, a movie I have no desire to reminisce about.

13. drychlick

drychlick Captain Captain

thank for the imfomtion Admiral young! have a great day! does this meen the Dark knight part 1 and 2 both be next or will 1 be out in the fall thank Drychlick

14. nvek86

nvek86 Commander Red Shirt

Part 1 of The Dark Knight Returns will come out this fall, part 2 early next year.

15. Ian Keldon

Ian Keldon Fleet Captain

WB banned any further female-lead movies a year or two ago because they were PO-d that the Wonder Woman DTDVD took too long to make its money back. They want projects that will sell the required number of units in a month or two, not 6-12 months.

16. Admiral_Young

Yep as mentioned "The Dark Knight Returns Part I" is scheduled for this fall, I think October or November...and Part II probably in January or February. I imagine "Superman: Brainiac" will be a summer release, perhaps tied-in with the release of "Man of Steel"?

17. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah I know, but one can always dream. :)

I do think they probably overreacted though. WW was going to be a hard sell no matter HOW good the movie was (and I think it's one of their best, personally).

Most of the public just doesn't find her to be all that cool or interesting. Other, younger female characters like Supergirl or Batgirl would probably do a lot better.

18. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

It was also why there was no mention of Supergirl in the title of Apocalypse, which adapted "The Supergirl From Krypton" story arc from the Superman/Batman comic series.

19. Kai "the spy"

Kai "the spy" Admiral Admiral

Which is a damned shame. WW is one of my favorites of the DCU Animated Movies, and would even make for a good template of a big screen movie.

Maybe it'd help if we showed the suits at WB the results of this weeks av contest?! (WW on second place, only Iron Man getting more votes). :shrug:

20. Christopher

It's ridiculous to abandon all female-led movies because one did poorly. They wouldn't cancel all movies with male leads just because one did poorly. It's gross sexism.