MLB Discussion - 2012 Season

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by tomalak301, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

It sucks for them, but I kinda believe that injuries are papering over even bigger holes. It feels good to have an excuse while we can have it. Still, the NL East is not a strong division. While I think the Nationals are legitimately a solid team this year, I think the Phillies from last year or the year before would certainly be better.

2. Kirby

Kirby Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The Rockies just re-signed Jeff Francis, aka the guy who wasn't good enough for the Royals last year.Dan O'Dowd has to be the worst GM in baseball. So many bad decisions...

3. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Saw Roy Oswalt pitch in Omaha last night...didn't go well for him or Round Rock (Storm Chasers walked away with it) but it was exciting to see so many major leaguers in my home city.

Wil Myers *will* be playing for KC before the end of the season, mark my words. Possibly even before the All-Star break.

4. InklingStar

InklingStar Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

5. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

No help for this pathetic year obviously, but the Chicago Cubs win the bidding for Cuban defector Jorge Soler.

9 year deal worth $30 million.

Story.

6. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

The last time the Cubs won a bid on a toolsy outfielder, they wound up with Kosuke Fukudome. Hope this one turns out better...

7. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

Don't look now, but The Angels have been slowly working their way out of the cellar, playing solid ball especially on the road.

Stay tuned....

;)

8. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

The Cubs fire Rudy Jaramillo. Wow, wish someone woulda seen this coming.......wait a minute............somebody did :biggrin:

So, not a huge surprise that the holdover batting coach would be the first to go.

9. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

Braves are beating the Yankees! Only happens like.... twice a decade!

10. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

Hitting coach is always the scapegoat.

11. Mr. Laser Beam

Not anymore they ain't!

12. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

This is why I drink.

13. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

Jaramillo was working his ass off, but anyone with half a brain could have seen that he wasn't long for this world when Hoyer and Epstein came to town. The team's OBP has plummeted under his watch (.332 in 2009, the year before Jaramillo was hired; .320 in 2010; .314 in 2011; .304 this season), and Starlin Castro should not be hitting .304 with a .317 OBP, Jesus Christ. He made zero progress in un-fucking Geovany Soto, too. Time for him to go, especially since he wasn't going to have his contract extended anyway.

14. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

Arod makes history! Ties Lou Gehrig on the all-time grand slam list, and 639th of his career. On a pace for nearly 30 HRs this year...if he stay healthy.

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/news...12&content_id=33193806&vkey=news_nyy&c_id=nyy

Nice

15. Tiberius Jim

Tiberius Jim Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Got to see a pretty awesome game last night at AT&T Park...namely because this happened:
    [​IMG]

And just because, a shot from my seat.

[​IMG]

16. Tom Hendricks

I can't wait to see a Baseball game at AT&T park. I'm going to San Francisco either next year or year after and I will definitely catch one. Great pictures from the park, especially the from the seat pic. You really get the beauty of it.

17. Mr. Laser Beam

^ Agreed. Those are awesome pics, Flux. Great ballpark you have there. I definitely plan to go to 'Telephone Park' next year as well.

18. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I was there too. MadBum's home run was the highlight of the night for me. That and his 12 strikeout performance. He and Matt Cain are really the 2 best pitchers on the staff and probably 2 of the best pitchers in the game. He was awesome last night.

19. Mr. Laser Beam

R.A. Dickey just did that tonight - against the Rays. His second career 1-hitter!

20. Tom Hendricks

I actually got to watch the Mets game on tv tonight. What a pitching performance. Best pitcher in baseball at the moment, I'm really enjoying it. For a team that was suppose to do nothing and go nowhere, they have been a pleasant surprise and fun to watch.