Welcome Fellow Trekkies! The GTD Get to Know You thread

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Alidar Jarok, Jan 21, 2010.

?

How excited are you that I'm here?

1. W00t!! Let's get this party started!

393 vote(s)
    71.6%
  2. I'm ok with it, I'll live.

116 vote(s)
    21.1%
  3. Meh.

27 vote(s)
    4.9%
  4. BOO!! GO AWAY!!!

13 vote(s)
    2.4%
  1. Hegh'bat

Hegh'bat Cadet Newbie

Hi, I'm new to this, but created an accout because I need some help to resolve an argument between my partner and myself. We both had to chose 3 characters from any star trek series (other than Q) to be our crew on a mystery away mission. I chose Captian Picard, Data and Odo, and felt I had it covered. My parter chose Seven of nine, the holographic doctor from voyager and Quark! I said they had to be kidding! but they are still insistant that their away team would do better than mine! Votes or comments to resolve the matter would be appreciated, so please tell me what you think!! thanks

2. kirsten187

kirsten187 Napoleonic Power Monger Admiral

Welcome to TrekBBS. To answer your question, you're both right and you're both wrong.

Hope you enjoy the forum.

3. AgentCoop

AgentCoop Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Newbie here. Been lurking and reading for a couple of weeks and decided to join because this seems like a cool community. I've been re-discovering my Trek fandom over the last few months.

4. Alienesse

Alienesse Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Welcome, newbies! I hope you all enjoy it here! :techman:

Zelenyj, lovely to see somebody from Russia here. I was actually wondering for a while there where you Russian Trek fans were hiding. I imagine the Moscow Aviation Institute has a few.

Welcome and enjoy your stay!

5. kirsten187

hi AgentCoop - nice to have you here :)

6. Mister Spock

Mister Spock Commander Red Shirt

Evening all,

Thought I'd take the time to introduce myself.

I'm twenty-four and live in England. I've been a Trekkie since a young age, watching endless repeats of Star Trek and Star Trek: The Next Generation on BBC 2.

Having recently acquired the complete run of The Next Generation on DVD for free from my workplace, I've returned to the Trekkie fold. I'm making my way through the first season again, am watching Code of Honor as I type this. I bought the four films for six pounds and I'm hoping they turn up tomorrow.

7. Captain Shade

Captain Shade Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Welcome to the group, Mister Spock.
    [​IMG]

8. kirsten187

Hello Mister Spock :)

9. Talisigalus

Talisigalus Cadet Newbie

I am really confused, I'm trying to find the "New Post" button, but...I cant!. I need to find a Klingon translator :)

10. kirsten187

Have you tried the New Thread option at the top left of the page? Don't know what that is in Klingon though so I won't be much use to you.

11. Ramicus

Ramicus Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Hey, folks. Figured I would introduce myself in here as well as the Red Shirt lounge.

My name is Rami. I live in the Bronx. I'm in high school. I'm a huge TNG fan. It started when I would watch reruns with my mom when I was very little and couldn't sleep (I think it was on G4?). Wesley was always my favorite character, until I got older and realized that he was pretty much a dolt, and was used for deus ex machina situations. Now I'm a big Picard fan.

I'm also a big sports fan, especially baseball. I'm a HUGE Oakland A's fan; my other teams are the Boston Bruins and the Detroit Lions (I hate basketball).

Other than Trek, I like the general SciFi genre, especially the Ender and Shadow cycles. I also like fantasy, and I'm a big fan of history.

12. Cascades

Cascades Ensign Red Shirt

Hey all,

I aint seen too many younglings round here, but HEY... i'm here whether there are or not :) . I started watching TNG about 2-3years ago when there where repeats on TV. After that i saw that Voyager was starting from beginning to end on a different channel and then just started watching one or two episodes of trek a day. I have now watched 'em all (finished 2 months ago) and have seen VOY twice through and am starting to re watch TNG. I am 15 and from south England, unfortunately no one i know has every really watched trek.... which led me here a few weeks ago :D .

13. Captain Shade

Welcome to the forums, Cascades! Don't forget to watch all the TOS, TAS, AND TMP stuff!

14. Cascades

Thanks Shade, Done TOS and TMP stuff :D but TAS, just doesn't look that appetising to me :/

15. Ramicus

Ramicus Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Hey, Cascades! Looks like you're about my age!

16. kirsten187

Hello Ramicus, Cascades an Captain Shade. Hope you all enjoy being here :)

17. Captain Shade

Ta, kirsten. So far so good. :)

18. Cascades

Ye thanks Kirsten, great to be here :)

19. kirsten187

Have you been in the redshirts lounge yet?

20. Legate Dukat

Legate Dukat Cadet Newbie

I've been following this site on and off for years now, and finally decided to join. Used to belong to a different Trek site back in the day.

This is a great message board for Star Trek, and I look forward to posting here in the future.

Obviously I'm a huge fan of the series, mostly DS9. And yes, I do have a thing for Cardassians...:cardie: