What would YOU bring back?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Darth_Daver, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Klaus

Klaus Vice Admiral Admiral

2. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

"Kill the guy transmitting and blow up the transmitter" works permanently every time it's tried.

3. Mistral

Mistral Vice Admiral Admiral

Picking one is difficult.

Journeyman probably tops the list.

Also, The Survivors (re-vamped series).

Charlie Jade

And Earth 2. Hate how it ended.

4. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

Until the next guy starts up.

You're really not understanding the idea at all.

5. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'd bring back Star Trek, but not any of the existing series. I want something new.

Other than that, I'd bring back any series that showed promise and didn't have the chance to fully tell its story: Firefly, Invasion, Jericho.

BSG, Lost, Farscape and B5 told their stories in full, so I wouldn't bring them back. I could see B5 having a good spinoff, though, but not Lost or Farscape. Caprica could have been a good spinoff for BSG, but required rethinking and greater dramatic focus.

Then there are the series that didn't really show a lot of promise but have premises that are worthy of a reboot or retry: Crusade, Threshold and Stargate in general are in that category.

Yep. Might be very different from what we envision. What would work on the CW is very different from what would work on Showtime is very different from what would work on The Cartoon Network.

Why is it "too early"? The movie demonstrated there is a great deal of interest in Star Trek, as long as it's presented in a convenient and attractive way, and doesn't suck. People will pay ten bucks to see it, but not watch it for free on broadcast or the cable channel they already subscribe to?

6. Warp Coil

Warp Coil Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Firefly would obviously be my first choice, but that is not an option according to the original poster.

Star Trek will eventually come back to television. It's just a matter of time. Plus, I do not think I am ready for Trek to return to the small screen. After the oversaturation of continual Trek on TV from 1987 - 2005, I think it needs to lay dormant for a bit longer.

I'm tempted to say Angel. Even though the series got a solid 5-year run and it ended on a high note, it was not Joss Whedon's intention for the series to end when and how it did.

I also am tempted to say Caprica. It really struggled to find its footing, but the second half of the season was significantly stronger IMO. The "shape of things to come" montage at the end of the series was pretty cool. It would have been nice to see more of that.

7. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm ready for Star Trek to come back to TV.

But really, I think a new Star Trek series could appeal to a whole new audience, not people who ever would hear about a place like TrekBBS, maybe people who saw Abrams' movie and never watched Star Trek on TV much at all, and it could do just fine.

The way to do it is not to worry about what we want. It's to decide "it will be on Showtime" or "it will be on FX" or wherever, and then tailor it to the Showtime or FX audience.

I could easily envision a Star Trek who appeals to either of those audiences. I could envision one that appeals to a TNT or CW audience as well, but it wouldn't be as appealing to me as Showtime or FX (especially the CW option, erg.)

Star Trek could thrive on any of those channels, or on AMC or The Cartoon Network, or possibly even on SyFy, and maybe some other places as well (broadcast being the least plausible option).

8. Astraea

Astraea Commander Red Shirt

Since I can't pick Firefly, can I pre-emptively pick Fringe? I have the feeling that it's going to be cancelled after this season (hopefully not during this season, given the ratings) and I remember reading somewhere that the writers wanted 5 seasons to wrap everything up, so it would be nice if they could follow their original plan, if they had one.

Other than that, I'd liked to have had another season of Angel - I liked the plans that Joss had for the next season more than what we got with the After the Fall comic. Also, Caprica was long and meandering, but the epilogue at the end of the series finale looked like the series might've gotten more promising if it had continued. It would be interesting to see where they would've gone with another season.

9. DrCorby

DrCorby Captain Captain

Crusade

Quantum Leap

Brimstone -- I caught this on SciFi after its initial cancellation. It's an intriguing concept that had some fun episodes. I'd love to have seen where they'd take it. And John Glover as both Lucifer and the archangel Gabriel was just delicious...

10. Bob Karo

Bob Karo Captain Captain

The Middle Man

Dark Skies

and because I'm greedy like that:

MST3K

11. DarKush

DarKush Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Blade the Series
    Undercovers
    Crusade
    Legend of the Rangers
    Star Trek: Enterprise
    Caprica
    Legend of the Seeker
    V
    No Ordinary Family
    Firefly
    The Cape
    Threshold
    Invasion
    Space Above and Beyond
    The Human Target
    Stargate Universe

12. USS Kongo

USS Kongo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

No Ordinary Family (which is my current avatar).

(although I'd really love to see Firefly come back).

Sean

13. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

Because the "signal" isn't technology... its you, its me, its the guy down the street and across the river and in the next town. It's people standing up to do whatever has to be done to stop the evil of the day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwkJPKK2mKs&feature=related

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwkJPKK2mKs&feature=related[/yt]

Yes, you can stop me with a sword (more technology)... but can you stop all of us forever?

SURAK: In my time on Vulcan, we also faced these same alternatives. We'd suffered devastating wars which nearly destroyed our planet. Another was about to begin. We were torn. But out of our suffering some of us found the discipline to act. We sent emissaries to our opponents to propose peace. The first were killed, but others followed. Ultimately we achieved peace, which has lasted since then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkyJi4dH0CI

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkyJi4dH0CI[/yt]

14. Sean_McCormick

Sean_McCormick Captain Captain

Jericho
    Dark Skies
    Space: Above and Beyond

15. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda (as Andromeda: The Next Generation)

Team Knight Rider (new team, new vehicles)

Battlestar Galactica (another reimagining in which the 12 colonies still exist, but the mother world Earth is now ruled by bug-eyed alien Cylons).

16. Mistral

Mistral Vice Admiral Admiral

Am I the Only one who wanted Earth 2?

17. ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Star Trek in general. Which would have to be an entirely new incarnation, no doubt.

If it were my decision to make, and only myself to make happy, then the seasons Enterprise missed out on, in particular.

18. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'd say Trek as well. Something post Dominion War.

19. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

SMALLVILLE! Another 10 seasons!!! :p :lol:

20. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Yea, it's a shame that Manny Cotto came in and fixed it, and brought to where it should have been all along, but, the audience had already left and it was hopeless.

When I first heard of Enterprise being made, I imagined it like S4 was done by Cotto.

S3 was pretty decent, definitely an improvement over the first two Seasons, but, S4 was great. To see him expand on all his S4 min-arcs in a S5, could've been something really special.