Trekmovie's starship round-up [SPOILERS]

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Rat Boy, May 28, 2008.

1. sunbari1

sunbari1 Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Who cares if it was in the blink of an eye, a new ship is a new ship and something to be excited about! :drool: We did see the Akira's and Steamrunner's used onscreen extensively during the Dominion War during the large fleet battles and the Akira's made a couple of cameos in Voyager ("Message in a Bottle" and "Endgame") as well. I don't recall ever seeing the Sabers or Norways reused though.

2. Michael

Michael Good Bad Influence Moderator

Appearances of the Saber class as per Memory Alpha:

Star Trek: First Contact

DS9:
    • "Call to Arms"
    • "Favor the Bold"
    • "Sacrifice of Angels"
    • "Statistical Probabilities"
    • "The Magnificent Ferengi"
    • "Tears of the Prophets"
    • "Afterimage"
    • "Field of Fire"
    • "The Changing Face of Evil"
    • "What You Leave Behind"
    VOY:
    • "Relativity"
    • "Endgame"
    Appearances of the Norway class:
    • Star Trek: First Contact
    • DS9: "Favor the Bold" (display graphic)
    • VOY: "In the Flesh" (display graphic)

3. sunbari1

Well, if you are thinking of it that way, "Star Trek: Insurrection" introduced 6 new classes, all of which had significant screen time:

• The Federation Holoship
    • Data's Scout Ship
    • Ruafo's Command Ship
    • Son'a Battleship
    • Son'a Collector
    • Son'a Shuttle

Last edited: May 31, 2008
  4. sunbari1

I stand corrected! I'll have to go back and watch some of those episodes again to check it out (haven't watched them in a while).

5. shipfisher

shipfisher Commander Red Shirt

My personal fave ST:IX design is the type 11 shuttle - proof that starfleet was finally building shuttlecraft that didn't look like they needed aero-buffer fields for high speed atmospheric flight.

If the trekmovie.com list is reliable then we know what ships will figure prominently in the new storyline. The ST:FC ships mentioned above are the only ones (I believe) that made their initial appearances on quick fly-past duties only. I'm hoping the new story will include something like a "USS Flying Redshirt" for disruptor fodder or something in view at the back of a spacedock, etc.

6. CaptainDonovin

CaptainDonovin Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

If I recall the CGI of the Norway was lost after ST:FC and that is why it was not seen in DS9.

7. T'Cal

T'Cal Commodore Commodore

I have no problem with that as this is an effective way of displaying that the ships are clearly Federation and it shows that the design is modular, which is plausible.

8. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Yup, got erased from the studio hard drives somehow shortly after the film was released. The Akira and Sabre CGI's weren't harmed in any way, so either they were stored separately or someone purged the Norway deliberately.

9. BolianAuthor

BolianAuthor Writer, Battlestar Urantia Rear Admiral

There seems to be a tangible and genuine phobia of using an actual 24th century Romulan ship, in 24th century films with Romulans...

Give me a D'Deridex on the B I G screen!!! No crappy Valdore or other cheap cop-out!

10. Samuel T. Cogley

Samuel T. Cogley Vice Admiral Admiral

Someone should make this into a bumper sticker. I would totally buy it, even though I have no idea what it means.

11. Tralah

Tralah Wasting Time Until May 2009 Fleet Captain

:drool: The Romulan D'Deridex class is my FAVORITE sci-fi ship hands down. Seriously, I have the Christmas ornament and the large toy one that was made in the 80s or 90s I forget which but lights up with different sounds! Did we get to see some in Nemesis along side the Valdore? I can't remember as I managed to block most details of that movie from my memory. I'd be in ecstasy if we got to see that ship in this movie.

12. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

I don't know if I'd call it my favorite, but there is something about a D'Deridex-class ship decloaking that just gets a "Whoooo!" reaction out of me, every time. It has Cool in spades. :techman:

13. Omega Glory

Omega Glory Ensign Newbie

Just try to imagine being there in the theater watching the Enterprise sit in space peacefully when all of a suden the space in front of the enterprise begins distorting and you hear that mysterious and deadly orchestra music playing and a D'deridex decloaks.

Talk about edge of your seat.

14. Franklin

Franklin Vice Admiral Admiral

The Romulans know how to make an entrance.

I haven't kept up with this thread, and it's gotten a bit long, so I apologize if someone else said this, but I've been wondering if we'll see different versions of the Enterprise in the different times. If we're going to see Pike captaining the Enterprise and also Kirk, it'd be neat if at least the bridges were different.

15. Krieg1981

Krieg1981 Commodore Commodore

I hope the ships they unveil are at least not too weird looking.

16. Tralah

Tralah Wasting Time Until May 2009 Fleet Captain

As long as they give the ships sombreros, I don't think we'll have to worry about that.

17. number6

number6 Vice Admiral

i will sooooo boycott this film if Gary Mitchell isn't making a ship sombrero in this film.

18. Captain Fine

Captain Fine Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I really liked the Valdore-type ships from Nemesis.

19. Kaziarl

Kaziarl Commodore Commodore

If we're talking time travel, anyone up for a Jay and Silent Bob tie in?

20. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

^If Bill and Ted don't have at least one cameo I shall declare this a false and despicable depiction of Time Travel!