Is it wrong...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Data Holmes, Apr 21, 2013.

1. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

You'll live. If it helps any, I turned 43 on the 17th (Alot of us around here have April birthdays, I noticed), and I don't even remember my 40th anymore.

2. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

Re: Is is wrong...

I'm not either. My only beer so far this year was on my birthday last January. If I buy a 6-pack, there are still 3 cans left 6 months later.

3. rhubarbodendron

rhubarbodendron Vice Admiral Admiral

I respectfully disagree. I got a new colleague who for the first 3 months stuck to me like chewing gum. Then I happened to mention my age (a dozen years older than him) and ever since he kept a huge distance *does evil German trademark cackle*

Candlelight, congrats at the children-free evening out :) Don't worry: 40-ish is not bad at all. It's actually pretty good because by then the bigger worries are all sorted out and everything gets a bit calmer and more successful. You'll actually even have a bit of time again to enjoy life :)

4. Jimi_James

Jimi_James Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

You're pretty much describing every birthday I've had for the past fifteen years.
    I did go out one year. I didn't care for it.

I'm thinking about having some friends over this year, but I'll probably end up writing the whole thing off. It seems like a lot of work. I'd have to higher a magician and rent a pony. Then the pony wrangler wants extra money because someone got the pony drunk or high and while I'm busy dealing with pony shenanigans, the magician is trying to bang my mom.
    And as usual, I have to spend the night explaining to the police, doctors, and reporters why a pony blasted on meth bit my new dad. Who can really explain why pony's do anything. It's not like I'm sort of pony whisperer.

So I mean sure, that's one way to have some fun, but who wants to be misquoted in the local newspaper.

5. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

People do still care about birthdays. They may not hand out loads of presents like we got when we were kids, but birthdays still do matter. Just going out and having a nice dinner with family is often just as much fun as opening gifts.

Being with family is the best thing ever, IMHO. That and a new lawn mower of course. :techman:

6. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

I'm turning 30 in nine days.

Because as late as two years ago I was still making $16,000/year, my parents are still asking for a 'Birthday list' from me.

On Christmas I told them "Just get something that you think I'd like that I wouldn't think of buying, something that comes from you." They bought me socks and pasta sauce. The one good gift I got was a book called '1001 beers to have before you die'.

So I'm trying a new strategy this year. "Just forget the gifts, just take me to an expensive restaurant with the money you would have spent on gifts".

7. Data Holmes

Data Holmes Admiral Admiral

Ugh. I had to mow the lawn this past weekend. Only "new lawn mower" I would want is one of those robotic ones, like the vacume and mop ones they have for in the house.

you will still end up getting gifts, at least one.:lol:

8. Candlelight

Candlelight Admiral Admiral

Thanks! I look forward to a calmer life!

9. Squiggy

Squiggy FrozenToad Admiral

That sounds incredibly dangerous.

Has Terminator taught you nothing?

10. Data Holmes

Data Holmes Admiral Admiral

I grew up watching the Jetsons reruns. I've a balanced perspective on automation effecting our lives. :techman: