My 2 Yr Old Daughter's 50th Anniversary Tribute

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by ToddKent, Apr 6, 2013.

1. ToddKent

ToddKent Captain Captain

Awhile back I started a thread asking for DW costume photo references. Each year for Halloween I like to go all out for my daughter's costumes. Last year she was the Avengers and the year before last she was every colored Lantern (Green Lantern, etc.).

This year, because of the DW 50th Anniversary, we decided she would be all eleven Doctors. I started this thread to document the progress of our project instead of resurrecting the old reference thread.

We've made progress assembling several costumes and I wanted to get input before I start taking her Halloween pics. Here is what I've got for the First Doctor's costume:

[​IMG]

It's just about complete. I just need to add some appropriate shoes. I'm also not 100 percent sold on the pants.

The Second Doctor's outfit is pretty much complete as well:

[​IMG]

You may notice that I'm using the same coat. I'm still on the lookout for something different but One and Two's clothing are so similar I think this might work in a pinch.

I'm also really close on the Third Doctor's costume:

[​IMG]

Please note that the red coat will have black piping sewn onto it so that it resembles this jacket. I don't plan to have a tie or cravat since I don't think Pertwee wore one in the episode when he wore this jacket.

The pants aren't final. I just used them because they were somewhat 3rd Doctor-ish.

I've got the Fifth Doctor's outfit partially assembled:

[​IMG]

Obviously I'm still missing the jacket. You'd be surprised how hard it is to find formal type coats in baby sizes. At some point we will embroider question marks on the color.

I've got components of the Fourth, Seventh, Eighth and Eleventh Doctors but not enough to start piecing together & taking pictures of the outfits.

I've got what will probably be the Sixth Doctor's coat but, as you can guess, it's going to be labor intensive to get it ready.

Anyway, assuming it's not considered spamming, I'll keep updating this thread with my progress. I'd appreciate any insights, input or feedback on the cosplaying process.

Katie is excited and already researching her subjects:

[​IMG]

2. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Ah, great stuff dude. :)

I like the first and second doctors. :)

With the either doctor, will you make his normal outfit, or the 2010 redesign?

3. Candlelight

Candlelight Admiral Admiral

Excellent. Look forward to seeing the rest.

4. ToddKent

ToddKent Captain Captain

We plan to do the original, Victorian style costume from the movie. Although, the redesign would be a lot easier. It's just not as widely known.

5. Green Lantern

Yeah, you've got a point there. How about the Tom Baker outfit, and idea of which version you'll do?

6. ToddKent

ToddKent Captain Captain

It just depends on what kind of coat I can find. He seemed to have a few different ones so whichever one I can find will dictate the rest of the outfit. (Already got the scarf...the licensed one. It's not nearly as long as it should be for an adult but for a two year old it should work fine.)

7. Green Lantern

8. ToddKent

ToddKent Captain Captain

We continue to make progress. Here is the first stages of the Seventh Doctor's outfit:

[​IMG]

Of course, the sweater vest will be cover in question marks, we're just trying to figure out the best method to do so. Katie has also become fond of the Seventh Doctor's hat:

[​IMG]

Additionally, we have been putting the Ninth Doctor's outfit together as well. We're starting with the jacket and shirt:

[​IMG]

It may be hard to see but the shirt is a v-neck and I'm certain we have some dark pants and boots to go along with it.

More updates coming soon!

9. Green Lantern

Cool! May I suggest using a dark red waist coat instead of a jumper which would resemble his movie version.

10. ToddKent

ToddKent Captain Captain

I thought about that but I'd really like to do the jumper with all the questions marks (we may just paint them on since she's not going to be wearing this regularly). For some reason the Seventh Doctor's outfit is my personal favorite of all the Doctors and I'd like it to be what I remember from the TV show.

11. ToddKent

ToddKent Captain Captain

Fourth Doctor:

[​IMG]

Eighth Doctor:

[​IMG]

Using the same pants for both right now but I'm not sold on them for either. Working on a K-9 costume for my Chihuahua/Terrier mix.

12. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

13. ToddKent

ToddKent Captain Captain

Update: Doctors 1-5 are complete as well as 8 and 9. I have all the components for 10 and 11 but haven't done the photo shoots yet (the suit for 10 is a little big so I'm putting that off so she can grow a little more).

Here's the coat that my wife made for 6:

[​IMG]

It might not be 100% accurate but I'm really pleased with how it turned out.

14. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

Those are awesome! How many is she actually going to wear on Halloween?

15. ToddKent

ToddKent Captain Captain

Maybe the Fourth Doctor. But it's very likely my wife will dress her up as Wonder Woman or Tinkerbell. We have short attention spans in our house.

16. Captaindemotion

17. ToddKent

ToddKent Captain Captain

Just in time to ride the teaser hype! Here we go:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you'd like to post or tweet a link I would ask that you use this one.

Let me know what you guys think.

18. Captaindemotion

As Nine would say - FAN-tastic!!!