Quark's Bar Recipes from Las Vegas?

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by vwqueen1967, Aug 21, 2008.

1. vwqueen1967

vwqueen1967 Cadet Newbie

Greetings all,

Would anyone happen to have duplicated any of the Quark's Bar drink recipes?

Husband and I were in Vegas for DEFCON16 and flipped out over the food at the Star Trek Experience-Quark's Bar and Restaurant !

I have found some of the Warp Core Breach drinks online, but not the food recipes.

Since the Experience is being demolished in December of this year, I figured the Foodies need to work fast! :bolian:

Deanni Troi's Chocolate Obsession Drink...OMG< OMG< OMG!!!!!

2. Dale

Dale Vice Admiral Admiral

The Experience is going to be closed after September 1. The demolition will be COMPLETED by the end of the year. We need to work faster than you think!

My wife says Deanna Troi's Chocolate Obsession tastes a bit like a Mudslide.

We accidentally recreated the original Bolian Sunset cocktail (not the one they serve today, the one that included Goldschlager) but I can't remember what the second ingredient (the blue liquor) was.

I heartily agree that we need to smuggle Quark's food and drink recipies out before the end. I just don't know how to get the job done.

3. Mistral

Mistral Vice Admiral Admiral

I'll be there on the 30th-lemme see what I can do. I talk restaurant-ese, maybe I can weasel some info out of the employees.

4. Dayton Ward

Dayton Ward Word Pusher Rear Admiral

My writing partner and I actually put together a pitch for a full-blown Quark's Bartender's Guide to the folks at the Experience a few years back. The idea would've been to make it an honest-to-goodness bartender's book as well as Trek collectible, with the actual drink recipes along with other stuff like recipes for NABs (non-alcoholic substitutes), "hosting tips," "Scotty on Scotch," and even "Tales from Quark's Bar." It would've been sold exclusively at the Experience and through the online store.

The initial reaction was favorable from the folks we sent it to, and we even had buy-in from bartenders and other folks working at Quark's. The pitch got kicked up a couple of levels before somebody way up there nixed the idea. They were worried that if folks knew how to make the drinks, they wouldn't want to come to the Experience. You know, like all that home beer-making stuff has driven all the breweries out of business....

Oh, well. It was fun for a while :D

5. Dale

I say we just bribe Darren or maybe Lydia into giving up the secrets.

6. KlingonZ

KlingonZ Commodore Commodore

I smuggled a menu from Quarks quite awhile ago. The date is 1997. It is one of the thick large ones. It as everything listed, including the ingredients but not the amounts.

It lists the Warp Core Breach as:
    a seven liquor blend of cranberry, pineapple, ruby red grapefruit, guava, orange juice, sour mix and grenadine!

7. Dayton Ward

Dayton Ward Word Pusher Rear Admiral

^ Yeah, I've got the original menus, too. They sold copies for a while early on, mostly (I heard) because fans were stealing them off the tables :D

8. Dale

This is the single most valuable piece of information ever posted on TrekBBS.

Thank you. :techman:

9. iatro

iatro Ensign Red Shirt

I've worked in restaurants before, and i like to experiment with cooking - i'll see what i can do. i know how to make the Saucer Sections and sauce, but quesadillas are super-easy!

10. nacelle

nacelle Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

When i was there the other week i did ask one of the bartenders for the warp core breach recipe and he did tell me he was planning to post the recipes on the internet after the place has closed.
    Not long to wait now!

11. Nerys Ghemor

Nerys Ghemor Vice Admiral Admiral

If somebody could get that part working, that would be GREAT for me--and I know I can't be the only one out there who doesn't drink.

Heck, the whole book is a great idea...if you got as much into it as you're discussing, I think I'd buy it.

Oh...since I unfortunately never got to go before the place closed, I was wondering if there's a list of what all was sold there. Did they have "Romulan ale"? "Saurian brandy"? "Kanar"? If so, I'd love to know what was in it.

12. Dale

13. iatro

iatro Ensign Red Shirt

i don't know the exact proportions, i tend to never measure and just make to taste - but basically, just mix some fresh cilantro, chopped into little bits, and pure lime juice with sour cream. :]

14. Akiraprise

Akiraprise To Ꝏ & BEYOND! Moderator

This would be awesome, since I will never have the chance to make it to the Experience now.

15. nacelle

nacelle Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

16. Mistral

Mistral Vice Admiral Admiral

I heard the same thing-and here is the website that will have them after Monday.

www.uglycouchshow.com

17. phrog

phrog Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Well, I'll be checking this thread pretty regularly now hoping for updates since it's all come to an end. :(

18. USS Intrepid

USS Intrepid Commodore Commodore

I want the recipe for Moogies Pasta. I loved that stuff. :)

19. bleumonique

bleumonique Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Systems Overload Martini

This is what I observed:

Rim chilled martini glass with green (apple) sugar

Shake equal Parts Melon Liquor (Midori) and Sweet n Sour (about 3 oz total) with a little crushed ice (about an oz), and pour into the glass first, (to get the strata effect)

Then add 1 oz grenadine, slowly (or pour over spoon to overflow into the glass)

Then float 1 oz of Blavad Vodka (Its black and is no longer easy to get in the states I hear, at least in California)

Sooo yummy!

I will post a pick later.

:techman:

20. Amy Sisson

Amy Sisson Writer Captain

OMH, you could observe them at work? When we were there a little over a week ago, Darren and Jeff (Jeef!) were working so fast their hands were a blur!