Is Cumberbatch playing Colonel Green?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Kane_Steel, Dec 6, 2012.

1. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Works for me. :D

2. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

It is quite possible that Cumby is playing Colonel Green. He could have indeed escaped and placed himself into suspended animation, hoping to be awakened later and resume his 'ethnic cleansing' as it were.

In fact I think I like the idea of Green better than Gary Mitchell. Gary was simply too powerful. If he shows up, he'd be pretty much unstoppable. Gary's powers are almost on the level of Q, aren't they? You can't fight a Q of course.

3. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Now THAT is cool.

:techman:

4. donners22

donners22 Commodore Commodore

Exactly! Any TOS villain but Khan will lack name recognition, and even he would not be particularly well known to a fair portion of the "casual moviegoing audience".

It is up to the writers of the film to make the audience know and care about the character, regardless of their history in 45-year-old episodes.

5. Oso Blanco

Oso Blanco Commodore Commodore

Sorry, I must have misunderstood you. I thought you were one of those people who insist that BC can't be a (minor) TOS character because the STID audience would be too stupid to understand his backstory. You know, I'm really tired of that argument ... even standalone movies with no franchise at all behind them have characters with rich background stories, so why should STID not refer to the villains parallel self in TOS? All it takes are a few words to explain where he came from, see TWOK.

6. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

Or he's Arne Darvin putting exploding Tribbles on every ship!

7. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

IMDB is not reliable when it comes to movies in development. People post info based on rumors and speculation.

Heck, the IMDB page for The Dark Knight Rises had Matthew Modine playing a character named "Nixon" forever, when the script always refered to him as "Foley." It had the name of Selina's sidekick wrong, too.

I've written enough movie novelizations to know that IMDB is not to be trusted until the movie actually opens.

And "close to release"? It's barely December. The movie is more than six months away . . . .

Last edited: Dec 9, 2012
  8. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

My pet theory du jour is that you can tell who Cumby is playing by thinking whether his looks and accent fit the part.

Khan - no, he needs to be darker skinned, tan at least, have an Indian accent or at least close, and be very handsome and muscular, a walking advertisement for the wonders of genetic engeering

Mitchell - mmmmaybe...but some all American type, a la Pine, would be a more obvious way to go

Green - no, he should be a military badass

Gary Seven - nah, Peter Weller is more the type

Sam Kirk - why in Gort's name would Jim's brother have a British accent and also look nothing like him?

de-turtlefied Klingon - not badass enough

oversized Tribble - not furry enough

9. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

10. Maxwell Everett

Maxwell Everett Commodore Commodore