Homemade documentary on TNG sets in 1988

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by jimbotron, Jan 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. treknician1701

treknician1701 Lieutenant Commander

Okay, you keep quoting "the Okudas", where is YOUR evidence?

And the reason that I referred to you as a troll was because your avatar states that you are a troll "reasons I troll...."

And if you cannot add anything constructive, please go to some other topic. I don't want to have to constantly defend every little thing I say.

I mean, I'm not the one coming on here, claiming that you are not "John Smith" or whatever name you have, and I've never accused you of not working where ever it is that you flip burgers. And I'm not laying a whole bunch of crap at your feet, claiming that you are responsible for just about everything since World War 2! Think about it.

I'm really tired of getting hammered over everything for the last 25 years!

Greg Stone

Last edited: Jan 25, 2014
  2. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

1) The avatar is a joke.

2) The article on Memory Alpha about you includes a brief excerpt from the radio interview with Drexler and Vardaman all about you. I've seen the Okudas comment on it on Facebook. I'd link to it, but we're not supposed to link to Facebook in posts here. If you're friends with them, perhaps you'll take the time to go see what they had to say about you.

3) Still no answers about your "work" on Licence to Kill.

4) I didn't blame you for anything near to "everything since World War 2" (It's II, not 2 and honestly, stop falling on your damn sword.)

5) Calling in to question the validity of your claims in the thread about the questionable claims you are making is absolutely constructive here. If you disagree, feel free to "Notify the Moderators" about it. Until then, all you're doing is moving goal posts, changing your arguments, and trying to distract from the fact that your story is full of holes the size of Texas without any reasonable, verifiable outside sources that might support your claims.

3. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Couldn't one just go to the end credits of an episode that Mr. Stone worked on to verify whether or not he worked on the show? Or is the position he is suppose to have had uncredited?

4. treknician1701

You can always PM me the link, I did several searches for anything that either Okuda had said about Greg Stone, and came up empty. I'm sure that my attorney would love to see something like that in PRINT!

Most of the info on Memory Alpha is completely in error, or missing. And PLEASE stop trying to correct me on every little point. WW2 or WWII, both are appropriate.

Next you'll be correcting my spelling and grammar!

When will it end.

You don't like me, I get that, just DEAL WITH IT, and stop trying to chase me from this board.

5. SpHeRe31459

SpHeRe31459 Captain Captain

Usually only the top level people get their name in the credits (i.e. department supervisors and producers).

6. Mutai Sho-Rin

Mutai Sho-Rin Crusty Old Bastard Moderator

Please DROP IT. Your attacks on the OP are based only on conjecture, not on any opposing "facts". The next attack on his credibility will earn you a trolling warning.

7. treknician1701

The fact of the matter, to answer the question, is that I have NEVER had my name on any production, anywhere! I have a ton of people who can verify that I worked on productions, some of them noteworthy, but actually seeing my name on any screen, it just wasn't in the cards. To get my credits on IMDB.com, I had to have them contact the director, or someone like that to verify, otherwise I could say I just worked on any old movie.

And if I could do that, why, WHY would I want to give myself credit for working on "Killer Clowns from outer space"??? Think about it.

Greg Stone

8. Kev72

Kev72 Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Greg how do I go about seeing that Video of you on the set - I enjoyed it.

Kevin

9. Robert Comsol

Robert Comsol Commodore Commodore

Although I can't comment on what Richard Arnold did or not, I definitely didn't get an isolinear chip from him on my tour.

However, I can confirm that stealing props from the set must have been a general problem. On the tour I got from Andrew Probert I wondered why the Stargazer model wasn't in Picard's office. He then called a guy for a key and opened what I vaguely remember to have been a tall and black locker where they stored all the smaller props in - including the Stargazer.

Bob

10. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

My apologies, Mutai. I will no longer comment in this thread nor cause you any more trouble here.

11. LogicDeLuxe

LogicDeLuxe Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Hi trecnicial1701!
    Is there any chance we could get that video of yours on the blu-ray sets? If you and CBS would agree to release that, there won't be any copyright issues, right? Plus, you'll get the chance to release the "director's cut" instead of some lower quality fan edit. Maybe, they could also add an interview, so that you can state your point of view on the entire story.

12. treknician1701

Well, there have been some comments about the "Millions" of dollars of damage to the sets, and props! (SERIOUSLY??? Millions?) :)

but the FACTS remain that there was NO shutdown of production the next day, there was NO mention of any damage to that sickbay bed, which was only used in that one episode "Where no one has gone before" as far as I know, I don't recall seeing it in any other production.

There was NO reports of any stolen panels, and since you can clearly see in that video that there were NO props on the stages, no costumes (the one I wore was a fan produced one) and there was NO interest in me at all until AFTER 1990, when the video was mass produced and given to people at the studio. Only then was any attention turned to me.

Interesting side note. The studio knew Ralph, and knew where he was and how to get in touch with him, but he was never arrested as an "person of interest", even though he was right there, messing about with the sets and lights, and such. NO! they were only interested in ME!

Since copyright lasts only 17 years, and Paramount actually had in their possession the master tape of that video for about 6 months and then GAVE it back to me, I highly doubt that they could come back now and stake a claim for possession of it. Besides, the only interest of seeing that video is what a screwup I was!

Greg Stone

13. trekker670

trekker670 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I find it highly unlikely that CBS would agree to release it, due to the circumstances that surround the video. It also appears that Mr. Stone himself does not like the fact that the video is circulating. He claims to have heavily invested in getting a good quality version of it, but has stated that he's hired lawyers to make sure the video isn't available online.

14. treknician1701

Not available online by people who want to use it to harass me, as this last person had done. Youtube stated that they had "tagged" the video content to make sure that no other person can just repost it. I have no idea what that means, but I guess they have some sort of software that can do that.

Amazing.

15. trekker670

trekker670 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yep, they have an algorithm where they "tag" certain videos and they can then compare all the uploaded videos to the tagged ones and then remove any matches. They do this with video and audio. That's how they're able to remove videos that have copyrighted materials on them (or display ads so the license holders are paid), without paying an army of employees to visually inspect the millions of videos uploaded every day.

16. jimbotron

jimbotron Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I've occasionally found videos that tricked the tags. The video would be mirrored, or there'd be added time at the beginning or middle so it no longer matches.

17. SeerSGB

SeerSGB Admiral Admiral

What I've heard: Add a image layer set to near 0% opacity, mirror the the layer, and it'll get by the content-ID system--at least that's the going "work around" being used by some of the guys that upload "let's play" vids that were getting smoked by CID.

Content-ID or not: The vid made it onto the internet, so it's out there and will keep cropping up.

18. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

...and trying to make it disappear will only make people post it more. It's still on YouTube as we speak.

19. SeerSGB

SeerSGB Admiral Admiral

Yeup. Sometimes the best thing to do is take your lumps, don't comment, and let it die out on its own. Try to keep it off the 'net, especially aggressively so, and people, even those that really don't give a damn or care, will upload it just to give ya' the middle finger and show you that they can.

1st rule of the internet: You're not going to win. Doesn't matter what it is, how major or trivial the subject, no matter how right you are, or what law you have on your side, you're going to lose.

20. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Commodore Commodore

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streisand_effect

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.