TNG movies -- security chief?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by c0rnedfr0g, Apr 4, 2009.

1. c0rnedfr0g

c0rnedfr0g Commodore Commodore

This may be better suited for the Movies section, but I thought it was more applicable here....

On the E-E, who was security chief / tactical officer when Worf wasn't around, and why was that person not in the briefing room at the beginning of First Contact?

2. Myasishchev

Myasishchev Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The Holy Ghost, apparently. A good question.

3. Thor Damar

Thor Damar Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Thor Damar, God of thunder and monologue..
    Daniels? (I can't remember the guys rank or full name) he was in FC and INS I think?
    (its not crewman Daniels from the 29th century, that would just be stupid:p)

4. c0rnedfr0g

Thanks, you're right, it was Daniels. But still, he wasn't in the briefing room of First Contact and I don't believe he was even in Nemesis.

5. Hober Mallow

Hober Mallow Commodore Commodore

That's because Worf was security chief in Nemesis.

6. c0rnedfr0g

Yet Worf was still wearing Red in Nemesis.

7. Thor Damar

Bloody hell, a totally random guess on my part was actually right:rommie:!

8. Hober Mallow

Hober Mallow Commodore Commodore

Just a goof. This is the film directed by the guy who thought Geordi was an alien.

9. Ro_Laren

Ro_Laren Commodore Commodore

Huh? He though Geordi was an alien? :wtf:

10. c0rnedfr0g

Yessums. Apparently, Baird bragged about not being a Star Trek fan.

11. Myasishchev

Myasishchev Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

How sickening. It's one thing not to care about your job as an waiter or an insurance adjuster. It's another thing to not care about your job as the creator of an artwork. How little pride could a man possibly have?

12. Timo

Timo Fleet Admiral Admiral

Daniels is a good bet for Security Chief in ST:FC, although canonically just one of the possibilities. And his later absence might be related to Picard ordering him to go hand-to-hand with a horde of Borg drones... :devil:

It's not as if the Security Chief of the ship would have been obvious in ST:INS, either: Worf might well have been merely temping at that position, and the real Chief was kept out of the loop when Picard shuttled down to start his little insurrection.

The same goes double for ST:NEM. Worf could have been a mere passenger, and a Security Chief would not have needed to make an onscreen appearance except during the final hunt for Viceroy and his boarding party. The Chief's absence at that point is a plot shortcoming, though.

Timo Saloniemi

13. Praetorian

Praetorian Captain Captain

Daniels was in Insurrection...

14. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Yep. He was in First Contact, too, but it wasn't until Insurrection that he was given a name (I believe Riker is the one who calls him "Mister Daniels").

I was kind of upset that he wasn't in Nemesis. I was also upset that the Trill conn officer from Insurrection wasn't in Nemesis either. I liked the idea of introducing a few new members of the crew, even if they weren't really important.

15. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

If Daniels really was indeed the E-E's Chief of Security, he really should have been present for the senior staff meeting in FC. Come to think of it, it would have been kind of neat to see some n00b sitting around with all the established folk we'd all come to know and love.

16. Timo

Timo Fleet Admiral Admiral

Hmm. Was that a "senior staff meeting"? Or was it more like "Friends of J-L Picard For Said Officer's Continuing Career meeting", spontaneously gathered when these old friends found out that Starfleet was blatantly ostracizing Picard?

Timo Saloniemi

17. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I'm going to pretend that Daniels was taking a dump and therefore could not make it to the meeting.

18. Thor Damar

No, future Humans are too prefect for that sort of nonsense. It was a meeting for JLP and friends, newbie didn't get an invite.:rolleyes:

19. SmoothieX

SmoothieX Vice Admiral Admiral

By the 24th Century, I'd expect them to install mini transporters in your colon to just beam the waste into subspace.

This was definitely a JLP BFF's meeting.

20. Thor Damar

Now that's an image that I didn't need!