NFL Discussion - 2013 Season

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by tomalak301, Sep 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

Bizarre turn of events in Houston tonight.

No word yet in exactly what happened to Kubiak.

Here's hoping he's okay. Meanwhile, Luck looks completely lost out there tonight.

2. the 4th hanson bro

the 4th hanson bro No one can resist my Schweddy Balls Admiral

A guy on my hockey team had him and dropped him entirely about 15 minutes before gametime. He was almost in tears.

3. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

4. SmoothieX

SmoothieX Vice Admiral Admiral

Texans HC Gary Kubiak collapsed at halftime of the SNF game and is also in the hospital, in stable condition. Exact problem not known yet but apparently not a heart attack.

I hope they both recover completely, but I wouldn't complain if they were both home resting comfortably when the Pats play their respective teams later this month.

5. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well considering what Matt Flynn got for throwing six touchdowns... :lol:

6. Davros

Davros Fleet Admiral Admiral

7. archeryguy1701

archeryguy1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I hope that both of those coaches recover successfully and quickly. However, I'm not too worried about the Broncos..... They might be the best-equipped team to deal with a situation like this. Fox didn't call plays for either side of the ball, and Jack Del Rio has 9 years of head coaching experience. Manning and Gase keep doing their things on offense, and if Del Rio (assuming he gets the interim job) is one of those HC's who is heavily focused on the defense, and they'll be fine. Shouldn't be like anything changed.

8. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

Del Rio has in fact been named interim Head Coach.

9. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

I wonder if he brought his ax with him.

10. Peach Wookiee

Peach Wookiee Cuddly Mod of Doom Moderator

I'm glad the Hawks won, but... I'm now in the season of " :wtf: was that?!" We should've pounded Tampa Bay into the ground! That was... :wtf:

11. SmoothieX

SmoothieX Vice Admiral Admiral

The Seasquawks slogged through a couple of rough games against inferior opponents. Being able to pull out a win when you don't have your 'A' game that day is not a bad thing for a team to be able to do. This isn't college where style points matter, a win is a win.

This is where I've been at with NE most of the year. Good teams find a way to win. Yesterday ended as a blowout, but it was even midway through the 3rd quarter.

12. Peach Wookiee

Peach Wookiee Cuddly Mod of Doom Moderator

It's just scary...

13. Use of Time

Use of Time Commodore Commodore

14. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Chiefs are going to need to really practice, watch some footage and get ready during the Bye. I don't think Denver is going to be an easy team for them to take on and remain undefeated. At this point I'm sure we'll see the post-season it's just now a matter of by how much and if we can win the division and get homefield advantage in the play-offs. Come on, Chiefs. The defense and special teams can't do all of the scoring.

15. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

How big of an asshole do you have to be to say those things to a teammate, even if you think it's just hazing?

That voicemail quote is pretty shocking. Way worse than what Riley Cooper said, not even a comparison.

16. Sheep

Sheep Vice Admiral Admiral

In Trestman I Trust(TM)

Under the previous regime, the Packers would have steamrolled the Bears by a score of 45-3 even without Rodgers, with McCown getting sacked a dozen times and the offense mustering up about 120 yards. Trestman really is the QB Whisperer. :eek:

As for that situation in Miami, even if Incognito's done with the Dolphins, some team in need of a new member of the O line WILL pick him up, he'll claim to have gone through some sort of sensitivity training, and all will be forgiven. You can bet on it.

17. chrisspringob

chrisspringob Commodore Commodore

18. Sigokat

Sigokat Commander Red Shirt

Da Bears!

19. Use of Time

Use of Time Commodore Commodore

They've officially gone way past the hazing and have now moved into unbridled racist hatred. They have a problem there.

I sat at work and listened to a lot of sports talk radio yesterday and listening to all these former players was nauseating especially Golic. It's like every single one of them had to put out this disclaimer first saying something like "well if it would have been me, I would have hit him in his face, but um yeah this is bad." Yean, good luck on getting that culture changed NFL.

If you are a rookie, all that should be asked of you is that you know your job, put out the maximum effort in practice and stay out of trouble off the field. You shouldn't be expected to fist fight a veteran player because he is an asshole.

20. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

If another team wants him, the NFL will probably require him to take sensitivity training just to be reinstated into the league.

As far as the Bears, their 2nd string is as good as Green Bay's 2nd string, what with all the injuries both teams have.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.