Preliminary Ideas For New Trek Series

Discussion in 'Future of Trek' started by All Seeing Eye, May 13, 2010.

1. All Seeing Eye

All Seeing Eye Admiral

Date: 1 year following the Hobus Star Supernova.

This series will NOT be focusing on the aftermath of the destruction of Romulus although mentions of the Romulans and the after affects of Romulus' destruction will be made.

A Federation sensor array detects a massive Subspace Flecture and Starfleet is alerted and sends a ship to investigate.

The scene cuts to the actual subspace flecture and we see a massive spherical object passing through it into the Alpha Quadrant. The object is huge and completely artificial in construct with at least a 3500 km diameter.
    The subspace flecture closes behind it and we see several small vessels exiting the sphere, they enter smaller subspace flectures and pass straight through to another sector of space and approach a populated star system.
    The ships systematically approach each planet in the system and deploy large missiles into their atmospheres including both the populated and un-populated planets. The missiles enter the atmospheres and break apart into smaller nodules, before impacting the planets surface they appear to evaporate.
    The planetary population stand there wondering what just happened. A few seconds later however people start being eaten alive, buildings and other objects begin to decompose at an extremely rapid rate.

PRELIMINARY INFORMATION ABOUT THE SERIES BAD GUYS.

The sphere is in fact an artificially constructed space station that houses the entire population of a civilisation.
    This race utilises advanced subspace flecture technology and they are very skilled at it's use.
    The sphere is powered by stars. Within the centre of the sphere is a power generator that is hooked up to several subspace flecture generators. The flecture generators open up subspace flectures at the hearts of nearby stars opening up a direct connection to the stars in questions and sucking the stars of their energy. It's creates a more or less unlimited supply of power, when one star is depleted of energy it goes supernova and a new subspace flecture is opened inside a new star.
    The ships of this civilisation utilise subspace flecture generators but are far less powerful than the spheres capability. When in proximity to the sphere a ship can pass through a sphere generated flecture and travel thousands of lightyears if need be, but outside of the spheres proximity the ships own generator allows only short distances to be traversed and are very power consuming.

The civilisation has extremely advanced Nanite technology and is their crowning achievement. Their ships are equipped with Nanite torpedoes capable of eating away enemy ships, before these torpedoes can be used they use more conventional weapons to eliminate the enemy ships shields such as matter/antimatter torpedoes and Graviton Compressor Beams.

The sphere is heavily populated with over 30 Billion inhabitants. They rely on fast resource gathering of planets in order to feed their civilisation. To achieve this they target star systems and deploy Nanites to the planets surfaces. These self replicating nanites consume all the resources of the planets they land on and convert the resources into resource blocks and alloys which are then harvested by harvester ships and transported to the Sphere for use in sphere expansion (increasing the sphere in size), replicators, ship building, repair, maintenance and upgrades.

Once a star system has been harvested this way the nanites themselves are made docile and harvested for either use against the next star system and/or processed through a replicator into resources.

MY NEXT POST WHEN I GET CHANCE WILL DETAIL THE HISTORY OF THIS NEW ENEMY AND WHAT THE SERIES WILL ENTAIL.

2. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

I'm curious as to what exactly you want us to think about this. How is this different from something posted in the fanfic section? Have you been given the reigns to produce Series VI? I'm going to guess not.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not harping on you or your ideas. I was just under the impression that the "Future of Trek" section was for legit information about a new Trek series, not fanfic. Now, if you want some feedback about your fanfic, that's fine. I think it's a very intriquing idea, but would have zero chance of being produced as a weekly Trek television series.

3. All Seeing Eye

All Seeing Eye Admiral

The Future Of Trek Section is also for anyone with ideas on a future Trek series to share those ideas and the now going on for almost 10 years I've been here I don't believe that's ever changed. I am proposing an idea.
    If it was Fan Fic I'd be writing out a script or story instead of putting forwards ideas.

4. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

OK then.

5. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Then you haven't been reading this forum much. There's no legit info about a new Trek series, so the forum is about:

1. Business aspects of a new Trek series (likelihood, where it will air).

2. Creative aspects of a new Trek series (pretty much fanfic).

6. Avon

Avon Commodore Commodore

are the bad guys the gatekeepers from the webcomic schlock mercenary?

7. All Seeing Eye

All Seeing Eye Admiral

Never heard of them.

8. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

I believe my "OK then" comment above yours covered this.:)

9. Yalana Cotu

Yalana Cotu Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

"The T'Khasi"

Alternate universe, roving, displaced Vulcans take Romulan wives, and become... Spa-a-a-a-ce! Pi-i-i-i-rates!
    :rolleyes: ... Well - sort of.

So, Pirate/Star Trek crossover fans - REJOICE!!!

After commandeering/repossessing an actual Orion pirate ship of Vulcan origin, named the "T'Khasi", for the Orion Traders' failure to make payments ("Honest, guys! :eek: The credits were in the mail to 40 Eridani A! They just kept coming back tagged 'Address Unknown', for some weird reason!"), and with considerable influence from their new wives who were captives on board the Orion slavers' ship, they quickly proceed to rationalize all their near-misdeeds, while attempting to undo Ti'Valka'ain destruction (the on-going series plot).

Now understand, the vast majority of Vulcans that happened to be off-world at the time of the calamity were male. This led to a grave unbalance in survivor gender ratios, a potentially lethal problem for most male Vuhlkanu. So, those equally planet-less, abducted Rihannsu women would seem to be the "logical" choice, under these dire circumstances.

So, Vulcan fans - REJOICE!!! Here, there be lots of single eyebrow raising opportunities! ... That is, if rejoicing is not considered too emotional a reaction? If so, pardon my offense, and feel free to only let the edge of your mouth curl slightly upward, in a nearly imperceptible way. ;)

An example of New Vuhlkansular reasoning: Why should temporal interference be unacceptable, when at this point in the time continuum, the feasibility of time travel is a given? Their actions soon become so precariously balanced, between that which is beyond the gray regions of UFP code, and that which is "morally commendable, but not obligatory", that they create endless, insoluble, dilemmas, and pose an "extraordinary threat" to the status quo. Let's see how Section 31 (that may - or may not - exist) deals with a bunch of rogue Vulcans who have come to the "logical" conclusion that they have virtually nothing left to lose! Will any chapter in galactic history be immune to New Vuhlkansular meddling?

So - Both History, and Physics geeks - REJOICE!!! ... :vulcan:
    ... Okay - History, and Physics geeks who are not Vulcans.

Subplot#1: Admiral Pike, and his command, during a difficult period in UFP history; torn between his loyalty to the Federation; his conflict with an agency... that may, :shifty: or may not, exist; and his now wrongful, but steadfast friendship with the captain of the T'Khasi, with whom he once served, and his never-to-be-publicly-admitted sympathies for its crew and their mission.

Subplot#2: Meanwhile, back in the Alpha Quadrant, tribbles once again threaten to destroy the Federation when their hideous ability to mutate into intelligent organisms, by means of recombinant DNA absorption from the corpses of colonist killed by the supernova that started it all, is revealed! (You are what you eat!) It was the consumption of grain, that had kept them so stupid, all along! (You may want to forget about Post, or Kelloggs as sponsors.;))

10. All Seeing Eye

All Seeing Eye Admiral

11. Yalana Cotu

O-o-o-o! I love Vulcans.

Especially the Earthbound ones that I have worked with. I love saying stuff, that no one else can catch, and causing them to shoot their Terrelian tea out their noses. They usually cover, by saying that they are simply suffering from an "allergy" to some "unspecified variety of Earth's vegetation". Oh, but they are FUN! :evil: :lol:

12. The Squire of Gothos

The Squire of Gothos Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The only definition I can find for Flecture is thus;

:confused:

13. Yalana Cotu

A "flecture" refers to a subspace anomaly so massively disruptive, that the original thread subject is wiped from the minds of all involved, creating a virtually perfect state of transtopiclivity. :p

And...

It is also just happens to be the name of the next upcoming new Trek series: Flecture: The Terminal Frontier!

2666. Everyone has ceased to explore anything!:wtf: Everybody now enjoys living in a fun, safe, video-game-like world. Then, one day, an enormous "flecture" occurs,:eek: and they are suddenly faced with going out into the real Universe in a confused state of transtopiclivicy, where Star Ships are a long forgotten technology.:confused:

HOWEVER, there is an exception! One single, highly mysterious, fleet of black-painted ships have been preserved - by - The Space Amish! - Who still insist on doing things the hard way. The series focuses on the characters struggles to start experiencing the Universe, all over again.:techman:

( From the same people who brought you: Vulcan Spa-a-a-a-ce! Pi-i-i-i-rates! )

14. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

omg did you watch the Starlost before you wrote this?

15. All Seeing Eye

All Seeing Eye Admiral

My apologies, I spelled it wrong. It's supposed to be spelled Flexure.

16. The Squire of Gothos

Flexure, which is red linked even on Memory Alpha :vulcan:

17. Shatnertage

Shatnertage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Now that we know how it's spelled, what is it?

18. All Seeing Eye

All Seeing Eye Admiral

Red linked because obviously nobody made a page for it but does not mean it's not canon and cannot be expanded upon in a new series.
    In the Q episode it was used, Q Junior (as a mere Human) used the deflector dish on the Delta Flyer to open a subspace flexure (a flexure being another term for folding) which obviously is technology that folds subspace and allows distant instantaneous travel.

19. The Squire of Gothos

Nobody doubted whether or not it was canon. If it's included in a new series it automatically becomes canon, it's not an issue.

20. All Seeing Eye

All Seeing Eye Admiral

Oh right. well what point were you making before then? :confused: