Typhon Pact countdown

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by garoo1980, Oct 22, 2010.

1. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

While I'm a big Dayton Ward fan and I really look forward to Paths of Disharmony, I actually had the same thought. But Heather Jarman hasn't written anything Trek since '06 so she might not be doing Trek at all anymore.

2. crotig

crotig Ensign Red Shirt

I emailed amazon about this. In the search results it says available for download but when you go to the product page it says not available.:confused:

I got a generic reply that did not give a reason for it not being released and no indication when it would be. I was advised to check the product page regularly.

Guess we just have to wait.:scream:

3. AN_D_K

AN_D_K Commander Red Shirt

It might have something to do with other UK sites saying it's out on 9th Dec (S&S UK).

Thanks Amazon. I wouldn't of minded but I got the Kindle because the Star Trek kindle release line up seemed to be in line with the US. Now it seems like I would have been better of saving my money and put it towards importing the paperbacks.

I've also noticed that all the follow up books are no longer listed for Kindle since they had to put the prices up across the board.

4. ronny

ronny Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Got ZSG from Borders today. It was their last copy. In a few days I'll be able to move on over to the review thread for this book. :techman:

5. Mysterio

Mysterio Lieutenant Red Shirt

Has anyone tried getting the ePub for ZSG from the S&S website.
    I get a "Error getting license
    Server communication problem: E_ADEPT_INTERNAL" when I try opening it in ADE. I was able to open previously purchased ePubs no problem. I tried e-mailing them but have gotten to response.
    Thanks,

6. ST20133

ST20133 Ensign

For UK e-book readers it does look as if we're out of luck. I just tried to buy the ePub version from Diesel Ebooks but couldn't download it due to 'territorial restrictions'. When I contacted their customer services they let me know that 'some publishers' have introduced this practice. This could possibly be effecting you too Mysterio?? Any non-US people managed to purchase?

7. AN_D_K

I've been saying on a few threads on here ...I think non-US, or at least the UK, have been screwed. S&S UK saying 9th Dec for digital copy.

Hardly surprising since we usually have to wait a month for the official release of the paperback. But I really thought that had been sorted out since Amazon were promoting the dates for ages as being the same as the US.

8. ST20133

ST20133 Ensign

Yeah, very disappointing as I'd been able to buy more recent ebooks, like the Titan and Destiny series', on US launch. I think it's very shortsighted of the publishers and will encourage piracy instead of paying customers.

9. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer Fleet Admiral Admiral

I still can't find it. I always see people here who have the latest novel already and it never shows up until maybe a week or so later...makes me feel left out.

10. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

* smirk, snigger, grin *

Move to Sydney, Australia!

Certainly, for the period around the time of JJ's movie, Simon & Schuster was getting new-release ST novels into international distribution in parity with the US, in many locales. They had to have been air-freighting at their own expense, and the extra cost wasn't being passed on to the customers. It meant the regular book chains had the new novels on the shelves at the same time as the US. But it seems to have slipped back to the previous situation now. Galaxy in Sydney is again the best place for my ST fix. They air-freight a batch (but the cost is more), then top up the order the next month with the local Simon & Schuster supply.

11. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

I know exactly how you feel. :(

12. elaithin

elaithin Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Hot damn. Got my copy today!

13. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I had the same problem with the adobe version, and after contacting adobe's tech assitance, I just bought myself the Nook version.

14. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Always have liked David Mack's work, so I picked up a copy today while at Barnes and Noble. Hope it's as good (even though I disagreed with the ending) as the Destiny trilogy.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2010
  15. ST20133

ST20133 Ensign

Aaaaand relax...it's up on the UK Kindle store. Book bought and looking forward to a good weekend of reading.

16. T'deD'Edkeid'Ende'Dejdid

T'deD'Edkeid'Ende'Dejdid Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I'm located in Bangladesh and I purchased my copy from booksonboard

17. Mysterio

Mysterio Lieutenant Red Shirt

I'm curious as to how Amazon gets around the territorial restrictions. If this will always be the case it makes a good argument for the Kindle.

18. Count Zero

Count Zero No nation but procrastination Moderator

I'm envious. Apparently, my copy won't ship until November 22nd, which I think was the original release date for the UK. Usually, amazon is faster an ships the book when it's available in the US and others in Germany seem to already have gotten it. Oh well, wait and see, I guess. I'm reading something else at the moment, anyway, but it would be nice to have the book ready for afterwards.

19. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

I have it! I have it!!

20. AN_D_K

I got my UK Kindle copy but I had to cancel my cheaper older preorder and get it at the new price. Ah well, at least I have it now. Good so far.