The Walking Dead Season 4

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, May 6, 2013.

1. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

And where Carol keeps her hair in a perfect lesbian shortness and Maggie goes to keep her skin creamy and moist.

Good episode, my money is still on the pig (or animals) turning. ;) So I wonder if the illness/virus now gets more aggressive and can turn the living now? (Maybe when a person is naturally ill and their immune system is weak?)

Look forward to the season ahead!

2. Gotham Central

Gotham Central Vice Admiral Admiral

....hmm that ending...

given the dead pig, we are looking at a flu type situation. Given the current state of the world even an out break of an ordinary disease could be deadly which in turn could spawn new walkers. Such a situation would ultimately prove conclusively that civilization might be impossible to sustain.

3. Gotham Central

Gotham Central Vice Admiral Admiral

The thing is given the poor state of medical care after the fall...even an ordinary disease or infection could prove deadly. The Z Virus does not have to do anything.

4. Trekker4747

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. People randomly turning makes no sense (and will making it increasingly impossible for our main characters to stay "alive") it makes more sense that the "Z-Virus" everyone is already infected with is able to take over more aggressively when a person's ill from something like the flu (colds are too common and not very aggressive.)

We'll see where it all leads, very interesting. But now, Zombie Harry Potter!

5. FreezeC77

FreezeC77 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The problem they'll face is something talked about in any type of situation where natural/accidental death changes a person into a zombie. You are always just one normal death(people die) away from having a zombie inside your 'safe' perimeter/sanctuary.

Now they do have the advantage of it being a prison with lots of lockable gates, which should probably be something they look into implementing during the night and having zones with guards like a normal prison would to watch for a potential person who had died and turned inside.

BTW, did Rick actually leave that woman after she turned? That would seem pretty stupid since he's already had experience finding out what happens when you leave a zombie you could kill. Heck last season we found out what happened to Morgan because he didn't kill his wife when he should have.

6. Corran Horn

Corran Horn Vice Admiral Admiral

If animals and healthy people are turning I'd say it's time to give it up, folks, and take the cyanide pill or whatever. Jeebus.

Might be something in the water - or glasses might've had TB or something like that.

7. Trekker4747

I've got to say, that store seemed very well stocked (I get the electronics and stuff still being there, but all of the booze? And you'd think the store would still have been ransacked) given that more than a year has passed since this all started.

Probably an "open to interpretation" thing. I say he didn't out of some-kind-of "respect" for her wishes and the time they shared, Rick seems to have mellowed some.

8. Pondwater

Pondwater Vice Admiral Admiral

That guy trapped under the Liquor shelf.. Why didn't he just bust open a bottle and shove it in that walker's face instead of trying to peel it off.

9. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

That bit with the store felt off in a few ways. I loved the zombies falling from the ceiling but would've preferred they just kept coming through the one hole, the entire ceiling crumbling through all at once was odd. When the first one is hanging from the ceiling everyone just stared at it which seemed out of character with hardened zombie survivors. No one had even an attempt at a parting shot for the bite victim? I thought they left no one to turn.

I understand they probably need this for the drama but damn even if it was duct tape and cardboard I'd armor up before going out there.

10. Trekker4747

Glenn had the riot gear on, you'd think everyone would have had on riot gear or been like Brad Pitt in World War Z and padded the arms/legs with magazines or other pieces of padding.

11. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

The ones he could reach were probably busted to too small pieces in the fall to be useful. :shrug:

12. FreezeC77

FreezeC77 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Maybe the writers watched Sharknado... better watch out for when a tornado sweeps through the area and zombies start flying around at you.

13. Trekker4747

Walkernado!

14. jbny67

jbny67 Captain Captain

They said it was a place that the army set up for people to come and get supplies.
    Walkers overran the place and now the walkers inside kept people out.

They thought they lured all of them out with noise. Although they were prepared for some to still be inside the building, they didn't know about the ones on the roof.

15. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Any society where death means turning into zombies would quickly evolve a locked bedroom door policy when sleeping. To keep zombies out and in as the case may be.

Good episode, but as it went on I kept thinking "where's Judith?". Kept her hidden right to the very end there.

16. Ryan8bit

Ryan8bit Commodore Commodore

Yeah, that seems like the number one benefit of being in a prison where the bedrooms are cells.

I'm guessing the deer that Daryl caught the prior day had the same sickness that the pig did and that said sickness was transmitted to the kid with the glasses. It's possible others might have it too. You'd think the guy who was a veterinarian might be out there looking at the pig...

I was surprised that the crazy lady in the woods was played by Kerry Condon, who played Octavia on Rome.

17. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well, there's a ridiculously sensible thing to have thought of. A veterinarian & a FARMER. lol

Thank god they mentioned that on Talking Dead. I knew I recognized her, & she's not credited on IMDB. It was killing me. I'll always remember her playing Morgan Freeman's daughter in Unleashed

I was actually kind of bothered that he began to skulk away when we were under the initial impression she was a walker. He don't kill walkers no more? It feels like he's gone kind of soft, if Carol is afraid about him finding out about her defense class

Don't just teach them to use knives. Teach them to use guns, to drive cars, to dress wounds. You teach them to survive in a hostile environment, not set up Mr. Roger's neighborhood for them

Them warm cozy nights are at an end Tyrese

18. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

Seems excessive to include the deer in that formula. We see two dying swine (one in the sty, the other in the forest) and the strong suggestion that what killed them has gotten into their water supply. It could be flu, it could be brucellosis, it could be a couple other things. All of which don't require an unseen deer as the vector.

19. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

The hog in the forest was caught in one of Rick's snares. It wasn't sick.

20. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

I thought that was Octavia. The actress is Irish; how pleasing to hear her real accent. Gods, what a harsh, bitter ending for her. Human cost. How many people would have been caught away from home and family when it happened? What do you do when the last member of your family is gone and you're all alone? Probably go nuts like she did.