Q?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Tweezy, Jul 22, 2010.

1. Tweezy

Tweezy Ensign Newbie

I've only been watching Star Trek for about a year now, but I seem to have taken a liking with Voyager, I was watching a repeated episode at my Nans house today, and there was a quote from Janeway, something along the lines of the Q being a real trouble, even dangerous...

So I'm wondering, am I missing something out here? Have the Q been in other episodes? Maybe series?? The Captain seemed very on-edge when she first found he was on the ship!

2. Adm_Hawthorne

Adm_Hawthorne Admiral Admiral

Q first appears in the TNG pilot episode "Encounter at Farpoint".

He's the reason the Borg know about humanity.
    He's put humanity on 'trial' numerous times in TNG.
    He was also on a few DS9 episodes.

3. Sovereign_One

Sovereign_One Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

TNG: "Encounter at Farpoint", "Hide and Q", "Q Who", "Deja Q", "QPid", "True Q", "Tapestry", "All Good Things"

DS9: "Q-Less"

4. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

We also know that he's tormented many species in the Trek universe. When he lost his powers in TNG an alien race attacked the Enterprise in hopes of killing him.

He's also seemed to be more than a Q Judge but rather one of their prosecutors too. In Hide and Q he tested Picard and Crew by marooning them on an alien planet (and even threatened to kill Tasha Yar). He also offered Riker Q powers as a test and I'm not entirely certain he didn't cause that global problem that tested Amanda Rogers. We also know that he and the rest of the Continuum killed Amanda's parents by creating a tornado that destroyed their home.

5. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I loved it how they kept playing the bible as read by John De Lancie in the background for seeeeeeeeeeeveral episodes of Greek a few years ago, and then they would say things like "I find it oddly comforting that God would sound like Q." Which eventually culminated in a guest appearance by John in person.

6. TheGodBen

TheGodBen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You don't know about Q? He's an iconic Trek character and TNG's main recurring antagonist. Q is at his absolute best on TNG as he teaches Picard about the universe and himself, his episodes on DS9 and Voyager pale in comparison to the great Q episodes from TNG. Last year I made a video about it as part of a Voyager review project I did in this forum, it contains some of his best moments.

[yt]v=kBwoEXlTph0[/yt]

If you want to learn more about him then I would highly recommend watching Q Who, it's an episode from the second season of TNG that introduces the Borg.

7. Praxius

Praxius Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

As a side note to add to the above, I believe I heard some information in the past that the powerful species "Q" which Q comes from was originally implemented in TOS/Kirk Episodes, but not identified as Q, nor was it the same actor.

http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Q

There's also some other interesting trivia info on that link (Check near the bottom)

8. Tweezy

Tweezy Ensign Newbie

Thanks for the reply! I never watched TNG, it was before my time!

9. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

:eek:

Sigh.

I am soooo old.

:(

10. Tweezy

Tweezy Ensign Newbie

:) My dad has an old Video from TNG, not sure which season though!

I might invest in the whole series!

11. Guy Gardener

I was obsessed with TOS when I was three-ish, they played it daily, but I'm quite sure I didn't know what a "rerun" was, but it was still the 70's so Shatner's adventures hardly qualified as olden times then as yet.

You're only as old as the person you are doing.

12. Adm_Hawthorne

[​IMG]

13. Udat

Udat Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^lol

14. Guy Gardener

I'm not sure John has read Q Squared, since in the Book Trelane is his illegitimate son who Q was finally told to take responsibility for, but didn't have the fathering skills to do the job. So it's off to the Enterprise and he dumps the kid on Picard's Doorstep... This book was written MANY years before voyagers season seven episode Q2.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2010
  15. Adm_Hawthorne

Udat! Where the heck have you been?!