DC's New 52: Reviews and Discussion (Spoilers welcolme and likely)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JD, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

They've been a bit busy fighting Steppenwolf. The dead boyfriend has been mentioned and I think they showed his family, but Alan hasn't moved on just yet.

2. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

They have done as much with Alan's homosexuality as they have done with the other characters heterosexuality.

3. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

Yes, they have done an appropriate job with this aspect of his character I think, at least for the issues I have read (up to June).

4. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

In my head I'm comparing Alan's unused "freedom" to the sort of free agent poochie became after his girlfriend was folded up and wedged into a beerfridge a couple issues after he got his ring.

Maybe Kyle is a whore, but he's spread it around with at least 10 women (who are now mostly corpses) since Major Force used Alex like an accordion for all our never ending entertainment.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:v36rAbk-OgsJ:http://sevenhells.blogspot.com/2006/03/kyle-rayner-adult-lost-girlfriend.html%2Bkyle+rayner%27s+girlfriends+list&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-GB%3Aofficial&client=firefox-a&gws_rd=cr&hl=en&ct=clnk

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...cial&client=firefox-a&gws_rd=cr&hl=en&ct=clnk

Given his history, if anyone was going to be in charge of the Black Rings, it should have been him, and he should have worn it on his dick.

(Hal Jordan if he used his ring like a cockring, would obviously be at least 5 times more powerful and destructive because of all the willpower and bloodymindedness down there.)

Last edited: Oct 5, 2013
  5. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

Soranik Natu is still alive. I guess she was smart and broke up with him before the curse hit her.

6. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Forever Evil was pretty good again. I'm really enjoying this so far. Otis makes a short lived New 52 appearance ;) I'm wondering if the Blight is the thing Ultraman was talking about now that destroyed their world and that they fled from?

7. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I hope not! I hope this menace is dealt with in "Forever Evil" proper not the magic spinoff crossover...

8. Admiral_Young

The crossover seems to me a sequel to Forever Evil, or at least stemming out of it, so I guess you're going to be avoiding it if that's the case?

9. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I'm enjoying Forever Evil, I just don't care about the magic characters :)

10. Admiral_Young

11. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

But the new 52 is already 5 years after the formation of the Justice league, and one year later in the old 52 sucked because most of the writers didn't want to do it or know how to do it.

Sorry, a permanent leap 5 years hence or just a sneak peek?

Why don't I just follow the damn link?

Okay, so just a peek.

So it's just like Armageddon 2001 which produced after shocks for years.

Hawk is Monarch my ass.

12. Admiral_Young

I was slightly confused by Rich's phrasing, but it seems to be a flash forward five years into the future. He references Lex's line in Forever Evil #2 about Bizarro. So it would seem like we will have a time jump of sorts next year if this actually happens.

13. OdoWanKenobi

I was kinda expecting Snyder to pull a rabbit out of his hat with Zero Year, and not make the Red Hood Leader exactly who we thought he was. Then again, it does perhaps make us more excited when we see ACE Chemicals, since we all know exactly what is coming. It's pulled off fantastically, of course.

14. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

We've already seen this type of trick pulled multiple times, even in the new 52 with Swamp Thing and Animal Man. I would prefer "four years ago" stories instead.

15. OdoWanKenobi

Oh, also I really wish we still had Capullo's art for the last several pages when the Riddler makes his big entrance. Albuquerque's art doesn't even hold a candle. It's just rough, and honestly kinda ugly.

16. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Yeah I was shocked the big blackout happened in the back-up! Amazing huge excellent issue. I thought it was cute that Bats dragging Joker down off the copter was from the ending of Batman 1989.

One thing fooled me; I thought the Red Hood Gang was building EMP bombs and were going to cause the blackout. I thought that was the point of the whole 'they're stealing random things to mask what they're really building' bit.

17. Admiral_Young

A Batman weekly series called "Eternal" has been announced with Scott Snyder being it's "head writer" along with James Tyrion IV, Ray Fawkes, John Layman, and Tim Seely. Jason Sook is one of the artists. It will have rotating creative teams. DC also announced a special 104 page "Detective Comics #27" for Batman's 75th Anniversary next year. Also Manupul and Buccellato have been confirmed for joining "Detective Comics".

http://www.newsarama.com/19160-batm...series-tec-special-first-for-batman-75th.html

18. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

At least that explains why he is dropping JLD.

19. Admiral_Young

Damn. I meant Jason Fabok. LOL.

20. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

So this Batman weekly series is in ADDITION to Batman and Detective, right? Is Bat/Rob going away or is that staying?