Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by daedalus5, Sep 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

Oh, I don't have to choose. I have 10 ships in my inventory. I just switch between them if I want a job specific mission.

2. Hanover Fiste

Hanover Fiste Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If my VA Retrofit Defiant isn't suited to the mission, the mission doesn't get played.

3. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Captain Captain

Since ships are technically toons, I'd like to see Cryptic put in a save configuration button (like they have for uniform slots). The bad thing about swapping out ships is reloading the BO's and reconfiguring everything again.

If they did that, the game would be a lot more fun for me. I could alternate my engineer between the TOS Enterprise and the Reliant Refit, science officer between the Oberth, Nebula Refit and Intrepid Refit. I would also alternate my KDF sci between a bird-of-prey and the carrier.

4. Captain_Amasov

Captain_Amasov Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

There isn't any problem that can't be solved with heavy cannon fire.

5. Rocketeer

LOL, looks cool. Thanks.

6. Uncle Sol

Uncle Sol Commander Red Shirt

7. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

I can only strongly advise anybody not t ospend any money on these key.
    It is the Winter Holiday Box event all over again.

As there are lottery winners in real life some people will get the ship.
    But your actual chances will be one in a thousand if you are lucky.
    The rest of the items, with an exception or two can be cherry picked from the c-store directly for a higher price then a key but 100% success if you aim for something specific.

100 c-points equal around a dollar I think, now imagine you get one box or so on every mission, do you really want to open them all, because you already have the box and "just" need one key for it?

Please, no.

8. Herkimer Jitty

Herkimer Jitty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Artemis Bridge Simulator have online networking? Just combine that with Ventrilo or TeamSpeak for voice chat and you're golden (unless I'm mistaken).

9. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Well I just made a TOS themed alt. So now I have TOS,TNG, and DS9 covered all I need now is Holo Sci Boff that I can customize to get started on my Voy themed alt, Then later I'll make and ENT themed alt and have all the series covered.

Given the fact that the NX and TOS Connie are T1 I'll need to find alternate ships for them to use at end game, so any suggestions?

10. Captain_Amasov

I wonder what the flimsy excuse will be this time for seeing Starfleet and KDF officers flying alternate faction ships?

It wouldn't be so bad if this was a part of story driven content that has the Cardassians eventually joining the Federation or something, but just to throw it out there in a "gift box" no matter how rare seems wrong to me.

11. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't think there is one this time. They just named it Cardassian lockox because of the grand price you can win.

I am already annoyed with the boxes. Gozer has confirmed that every single STF run will add a box to the reward at the end.
    And the other loot tables in game (which are a lot), will probably spam you with them as well...

12. Rocketeer

For the TOS Connie, consider the Excelsior Refit.

13. Rocketeer

That looks interesting. Appreciate the info. Thanks!

14. Trek

Trek Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Well, I'll be selling every box I get and using the EC's to buy any unwanted items that get posted to the Exchange.

Also this should increase the exchange rate for CP's to dilithium, so I'm looking to make a killing there too. :)

15. Bird of Prey

Bird of Prey Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I imagine it will be similar to the winter event boxes. I was able to purchase every item, except for the bug ship, on the exchange for each of my toons for relatively little EC. I would be interested in unlocking the dilithium horta, DS9 costume pack, cross faction console, and of course the Cardassian ship. I will probably use my monthly stipend to open a couple of boxes, but I won't be shelling out any real money on these. The c-store points I have saved up are going towards the Sao Paulo the next time there is a sale.

And for this reason, I invested some dilithium and purchased a couple hundred more c-store points (1 c-point @ 180 dil) last night before the prices sky-rocket. It took a while for the exchange rate to drop to below 200 dilithium, and knowing that it can go that low, I don't ever plan to purchase c-store points for anything over 200 dilithium.

For now, I'm going to just do the new missions when they come out, log in daily to update my Doff missions, run the occasional STF or invasion mission with our fleet, and spend some actual time working on my first foundry mission. I'm taking a break from the daily grind fest to get dilithium.

16. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Gives me an idea of what to use any left over C-points after I buy the Defiant interrior thats suppost to be available during the FE.

17. Rocketeer

I don't participate much in games of chance. For every winner there's a thousand losers. I like games where a little skill is involved like BlackJack. ;-)

18. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

I didn't realize how annoying the dilithium thing is in crafting until I started crafting an Aegis set for my Excelsior Retrofit. 1,000 dilithium for each uncommon unreplicateable part? Jesus! For me to finish my set, I have to have 35,000 dilithium! I've already spent a bucketload of energy credits getting the materials for the set, but the dilithium thing is silly.

19. syberghost

syberghost Commander Red Shirt

STO official forums community moderator emeritus
    Why do you need more than one Aegis set? Just move it from ship to ship.

20. Captain_Amasov

Unless they're wanting to craft it for other players. Like my brother did for my characters, before this change.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.