That one episode that stands out for you...

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by JesterFace, Sep 6, 2015.

1. erastus25

erastus25 Commodore Commodore

I could see how that scene would lose its oomph when dubbed.

2. jimbotron

jimbotron Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

For me, basically every episode with a Ron Jones score.

The ones where he really brings his A-game and elevates decent episodes into classics for me are Booby Trap, A Matter of Perspective, The Defector, Q Who. Best of Both Worlds goes without saying.

3. Serveaux

Serveaux Fleet Admiral Premium Member

"Conspiracy." I remember thinking that maybe TNG was going to get interesting at that point.

4. Long Syntax

Long Syntax Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

For me, it's hard to pick only one, but if I'm pressed to I'd have to say "Inner Light". This episode spoke to me and is reinforced by my having had children of my own.

5. Sistrin

Sistrin Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

"Irrelevant, irrelevant, irrelevant!!"

I always liked that episode as well.

6. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

I'm not sure "The Wounded" was ever seen as underrated.

7. JediKnightButler

JediKnightButler Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

TNG had a lots of great episodes during its run, at lot of which are in S3. If I'd have to suggest one memorable episode, I'd have to say that it is "Yesterday's Enterprise". Even though it is essentially an alternate reality episode and everything was "reset" by the end of the episode, I found it to be a fascinating and memorable 45 minute self-contained episode and Whoopi Goldberg did a great job as Guinan, the only character to sense that something was amiss with the "alternate reality" Enterprise, as did Patrick Stewart, who had to make the hard decision as Picard in an alternate reality to sacrifice the Enterprise to help restore the timeline to the correct one. Seeing Enterprise-C and Tasha Yar again were cool twists as well and Yar had a much better send off than what she got in "Skin of Evil" (plus a guest appearance by "Shooter McGavin"). I also liked having a "darker" Star Trek episode even though we all explicitly knew that this wasn't "real". About the only thing that I might have changed was to maybe have thrown in Worf as a cameo as the Klingon ship commander who winds up destroying the Enterprise but with everything else going on, it would have probably been too much- and might have detracted from the other storylines.

8. JediKnightButler

I loved his scores and was disappointed when he stopped doing them (fired?) sometime in S4. I hated the "wallpaper music" that followed for the rest of the series. I loved his cues for "Evolution", "Booby Trap", "Who Watches the Watchers", and "The Price".

9. JesterFace

JesterFace Fleet Captain Commodore

It would've been a better send off if the Enterprise-C would've just been destroyed in battle and she hadn't ended up as a "wife" of a Romulan and then executed... or maybe she enjoyed her life on Romulus, who knows.

10. JediKnightButler

I said that I liked how they wrapped things up for her in YE. I didn't say that I liked that particular development, which I agree was sort of stretching it. If Denise Crosby wanted to be on the show that bad, it seems like she should have just tried to stay on in the first place.

11. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

You beat me to punch. I was trying to remember the title of that one. It has a nicely ambiguous ending, where we find out that Maxwell wasn't actually wrong about the Cardassians . ...

I like endings that don't tie everything up neatly in a bow--or provide a tidy moral lesson.

And I like the singing! :)

12. Tracy Trek

Tracy Trek Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The Inner Light, the best of TNG in my opinion.

13. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

"Sarek" was a great episode, a real good drama.

But for some reason I am always distracted by the hot petite blonde who beats up a guy in the 10-forward brawl

14. FADM Tribble

FADM Tribble Ensign Red Shirt

"The Offspring"

Hits me every time. This is definitely on of my favorite Star Trek episodes in general and introduces one of my favorite one-shot characters, Lal. Whether it's with his brother or daughter, Data has some terrific family centered episodes.

15. NigellaDeanna20

NigellaDeanna20 Commander Red Shirt

For me,there's quite a lot I personally love. Here's just a few

1. The Battle
    2. The Arsenal of Freedom
    3. Times Squared.
    4. Contagion
    5. Evolution
    6. The Defector
    7. Yesterday's Enterprise
    8. Family
    9. Reunion
    10. Cause And Effect.

There are so many more I could list including both the pilot and the finale as well. :)

16. Amaraen

Amaraen Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I have always really liked the episode "Thine Own Self". This is a great Data episode (my favorite character). I like how good he is in this episode, how he gives his life to make sure that the village is saved.

This has one of my favorite quotes from the show as well:

This scene always makes me cry just a little. There is just something about it that moves me. Deep down, Data knows that such a place does indeed exist, even if he has forgotten it.

17. Seven of Five

Seven of Five Stupid Sexy Flanders! Premium Member

I love Yesterday's Enterprise. The whole episode is so well done - Whoopi Goldberg and Patrick Stewart in particular are stellar in their scenes. The very end where Picard says 'Let history never forget the name Enterprise' gives me chills, and is giving me little chills just thinking about it. ;)

Should have been Generations.

18. StephenW

StephenW Ensign Newbie

There are just so many.
    My absolute favourite is probably Cause and Effect, it's one of those episodes which is just pure sci fi. Same as Contagion. I was the second ever episode I saw of TNG too, The Game being the first.

19. NigellaDeanna20

NigellaDeanna20 Commander Red Shirt

I agree completely. Fabulous episodes and yes, it should deffinately have been the main idea for Star Trek Generations. Just replace the Enterprise-C with the Enterprise-A. Would have been a brilliant film had it happened. :cool:

20. HIjol

HIjol Vice Admiral Admiral

The Offspring The Inner Light

21. Disco